PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S7 - R1: Zolder - Race 2 - Incident at race start (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobusnell

Steam
View
I have multiple incidents I want to report. I apologize to the stewards for taking up a lot of their time.

Date: 2019-06-20
Event: Revolution Cup, Season 7, Round 1, Race 2
Member Involved: @kobusnell @Sonic @UnstopaPaul @Blue Monkey @Elodyr
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Race start, 7:50
Description: I would like to bring this to the attention of the stewards because it was a large incident, and I would like a call on it. Obviously incidents like this can't occur repeatedly.
My start wasn't bad, but I had to lift slightly due to the car in front of me not having the best of starts. Drivers behind me and @UnstopaPaul had better starts, and going into and through the first corner we were 5 wide. This inevitably led to an incident. I was on the outside, felt sticking on the left of the car, and tried to break it with as little input as possible. I think the video shows what follows.
Although I have an opinion, of course, I would like everyone's and the stewards' input, please, to, at the start of the season, set what the approach at race starts, and general racing, should be.
Evidence: See video

UnstopaPaul

Steam
View
It seems pretty clear cut for me. VSonic gets a flyer, runs wide pushing Kobusnell to the edge of track, then turns in, probably over-corrects and hits my back wheel. VSonic doesn't wait afterwards

EDIT: While the lovely screenshots make it look 5 wide - it's very clearly becoming 2 wide as I think BlueMonkey was conceding position

Last edited:

Elodyr

Steam
View
I had a very good start and went on the inside of Paul where I stayed for the entirety of T1. After that I could've went more to the outside but didn't, because I wasn't aware of the full situation of us going 5-wide at some point^^

Imo Paul, Kobusnell and me didn't do aynthing wrong in this case. Monkey went into a gap a bit opportunistically, but corrected it with pulling a bit back when he realised there's no space. Sonic forced his position in T1 and at the exit a bit and from the looks of it wanted to give space to Kobus after their contact which was made in a bit of a fast move hitting the side of Paul.

Blue Monkey

Steam
View
Imo Paul, Kobusnell and me didn't do aynthing wrong in this case. Monkey went into a gap a bit opportunistically, but corrected it with pulling a bit back when he realised there's no space. Sonic forced his position in T1 and at the exit a bit and from the looks of it wanted to give space to Kobus after their contact which was made in a bit of a fast move hitting the side of Paul.
I second that.
Was tempted do go for the gap, but then I had a "bad feeling about it" and pulled back, which was the right decision it seems.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)