PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S7 - R1: Zolder - Race 2 - Last and first corner contact (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobusnell

Steam
View
Date: 2019-06-20

Event: Revolution Cup, Season 7, Round 1, Race 2
Member Involved: @Sonic, Checamon, although I don't know who that is in the forum, @kobusnell, @Erik
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Lap 9, 19:00
Description: @Sonic and Checamon was side by side going into the last chicane. Contact resulted in @Sonic going into the wall. When he came back he hit Checamon. His exit was compromised, and @Erik and I had much better drive and passed him before the first corner. At the first corner I was sticking to the inside to leave room, and I warned Erik over skype that I was next to him and that we should leave room. @Sonic aimed for the inside of the first corner, but in doing so I was spun out and he overtook @Erik when clearly cutting the track. I asked @Sonic in the race if he was going to wait but got no reply and he didn't wait.
Evidence: See video

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Sonic

Steam
View
Unfortunately, from my camera everything looked different and even the sound of contact and damage is not there. Unfortunately, a big ping and a bad network code, plus our fervor and passion for rivalry, give their fruits to discord and accusations. I always try to drive carefully and avoid incidents, but for a number of reasons it is not always possible to do this. And, unfortunately, I do not speak fluent English, I only read.
I revised my replay in slow motion and it clearly shows that KobusNell gave me a test of the brakes and I tried to avoid a collision, KobusNell got on overtaking and created this situation himself.

Last edited:

Erik

Steam
View
I don't have much to add with a video but I will describe what happened from my perspective in both incidents.

First incident: Checamon had a good exit out of the hairpin and pulled alongside @Sonic, he started drifting towards @Sonic and they touched which pushed him into the wall. He rejoined in the chicane and it appeared as though he either did not see Checamon or he tried to aggressively close the door on him. I got a better exit than both of them due to their contact and passed them. I knew @kobusnell was behind me and he also got a good run.

Second incident: I was in front of @kobusnell and @Sonic heading towards the first corner, @kobusnell informed me that they are both close to me so I was cautious in the first corner and tried to keep wide so that there is space for cars. My proximity arrows did not indicate anything so I did not know where the cars were and tried to leave room for at least one car. At the exit of the corner, @Sonic was in front of me and I just assumed he got a better exit due to him having the inside line. I saw @kobusnell spin and heard him ask if @Sonic is going to wait or not, I was unaware of the corner cutting that took place that resulted in me losing the position until I saw @kobusnell video.

I also suffer from lag and I try to keep it in mind when racing, I try not to dive bomb as I know a lag spike might cause a crash. With these cars it better because they are slower but I still keep lag in mind. I feel the lag is my own problem and it is my responsibility to not have it compromise other people's races because I am aware that it could happen at any moment. In the past when I had contact with others due to lag, I would wait per the rules and I feel that it is fair.

Sonic

Steam
View
I also found a controversial situation with our participation, and a big accident from several cars.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)