Revolution Cup - Season 2 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

If you have any questions regarding the league this is the thread for you! Post your questions below and one of our helpful admins (or helpful members!) will do their best to point you in the right direction. This thread can also be used for any general discussion concerning the league.
x

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
I understand, that lobbies are decided by time-trial speed, but what about the Pro-Am thing? Is that decided by speed as well? Is everyone in lobby 2 automaticly an Am-driver, or are there different criteria?
For example: If t0daY and falcon wanted to be a team... would falcon have to drive his time-trial in reverse to get a shitty time?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Do I HAVE to pick a team-mate or will I be assigned to anyone if I haven't picked one and no one has picked me?
I'm just asking because I don't really care as long as I don't end up with the slowest person available :p RSR has so many great characters and drivers, it's really hard to pick one.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Prehaps a sugestion on picking team mate would be to get everyone in there respective lobbys then pick a person in your lobby.. Just an idea..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I understand, that lobbies are decided by time-trial speed, but what about the Pro-Am thing? Is that decided by speed as well? Is everyone in lobby 2 automaticly an Am-driver, or are there different criteria?
For example: If t0daY and falcon wanted to be a team... would falcon have to drive his time-trial in reverse to get a shitty time?

Every split will be divided by Pro and Am drivers. So imagine a split of 24 drivers we will have 12 Pro and 12 Am drivers.

Running a shit time won't help Falcon a lot :p The timetrial time is only one variable for the placement (in terms of splits and Pro/Am placement). The second variable is the stats page which gives us a good indicator of everyone's performance. The third variable is our (admins) knowledge and experience of our people.

Do I HAVE to pick a team-mate or will I be assigned to anyone if I haven't picked one and no one has picked me?
I'm just asking because I don't really care as long as I don't end up with the slowest person available :p RSR has so many great characters and drivers, it's really hard to pick one.

We are not forcing anybody to join forces with another driver but we are highly encouraging it :)

Prehaps a sugestion on picking team mate would be to get everyone in there respective lobbys then pick a person in your lobby.. Just an idea..

Once the splits are decided there will be a "Team & Livery Thread". There you can sign up a team and look for another team mate.

The only twist is that a Pro driver can't team up with another Pro driver. It needs to be all the time a mix between a Pro and an Am driver.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a question about the Time, is this a copy&paste error or do the races really start 1hour later than the first RSR Cup?
For example 19:30 UTC will be 21:30 Central European Summer Time for the briefing. In the first Cup this was at 20:30 on my local time.
But anyway, I can't wait for the races :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a question about the Time, is this a copy&paste error or do the races really start 1hour later than the first RSR Cup?
For example 19:30 UTC will be 21:30 Central European Summer Time for the briefing. In the first Cup this was at 20:30 on my local time.
But anyway, I can't wait for the races :D

Must be a copy&paste mistake, I fixed it :)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to either have to skip this, or become a reserve driver. I'm on my jollies for the middle two races and might even miss a 3rd, due to travels :(

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i have a question concerning the time trial: are we already allowed to do the time trial or do we have to wait until the sign up closes on 10th May?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
i have a question concerning the time trial: are we already allowed to do the time trial or do we have to wait until the sign up closes on 10th May?
You have to do it BEFORE the 12th but only AFTER you have signed up for the event as far as I understood.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Added, for clarification, the following 2 lines to the TimeTrial thread:
TimeTrial opens: 26th April 2017
TimeTrial closes: 12th May 2017
Also have a look here: "The initial deadline for both time-trials will be 23:59 UTC, Friday, 12th May 2017"

Hope I could help :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since I don't have a PC that can run pCars at the moment, will I need to do Time Trials when the sign-ups re-open? Will the re-sign-ups stay open in June or is that too late to join in for the last 3-4 races?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a genuine question regarding sign ups after event has started...

Will they be put on a reserve list for teams were one driver cant make it.
Or
Will they be put straight in to races even after missing the first or second or even third event..???

Since I don't have a PC that can run pCars at the moment, will I need to do Time Trials when the sign-ups re-open? Will the re-sign-ups stay open in June or is that too late to join in for the last 3-4 races?
I belive you still have to time trial even if your a late sign up. They will need to know your kind of pace to place you with drivers of the same caliber..

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I belive you still have to time trial even if your a late sign up. They will need to know your kind of pace to place you with drivers of the same caliber..

Guess I'll do laps whenever I can at a friends place to get that sorted :D
The car is lovely to drive

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a genuine question regarding sign ups after event has started...

Will they be put on a reserve list for teams were one driver cant make it.
Or
Will they be put straight in to races even after missing the first or second or even third event..???

They will be put into the appropriate split (if we are going to have 2 splits). But remember the sign ups will be closing again once the second round is over.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guess I'll do laps whenever I can at a friends place to get that sorted :D
The car is lovely to drive

TimeTrial is only one variable for placing someone into a split. We will work something out for you @Dutchtastic :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, could someone remind me, the car has the "push to pass" button right?
How often can you use it?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey, could someone remind me, the car has the "push to pass" button right?
How often can you use it?
as many times as you like until the bar runs out so use it wisely

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not exactly sure how often you can use it. I have like 10-15 times in my mind but I am not too sure about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread