Revolution Cup - Season 3 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 3. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 4?
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Organisation wise, everything was fine, as usual.
The car... Well... At first I liked it but to the end of the season, I disliked it more after each session I had with it. But that's me probably.
Track choice was nice and interesting. Only COTA was a pita. :p
Weather variance was okay too, but next time around, I'd like to have more conditions where the tires are not constantly overheating. I can put some heat in the tires if they're too cold, but I cannot, for the life of me, manage them when they're too hot.

Suggestion for the next season: not single make races.
Teams can choose from the whole class and are allowed to change their standard car for two races of the season.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
General Positives

Great selection of tracks and a good mix of weather again, especially at Donington, to really spice things up. Yes, driving in broad daylight is how most real-life races are run, and they're safe and predictable but they're also boring. Everybody does daytime races so it's nice to really explore the pressure of rain, fog, night etc.

Really close racing brought about by a great choice of car (in this respect). The highlight is still the qualifying in split 1 for the season opener at Red Bull Ring. I don't think we'll ever see a qualifying session that tight again.

Again, as always, it's the drivers and the RSR team that make the season what it is, this is always the biggest positive

Pro-Am format. Again, I like the way this operates and I did at least make a bit of better use of it this season. I still think it's a wonderful way of getting members to meet each other and is something I'd be keen to retain for the future.

The schedule again worked nicely. It gave enough time to practice (not that I really did any :eek:) but also left time in the 'off' week to do other stuff. I think the pressure of running it week after week would be too much.

General Negatives

The car was a tricky beast, let's get that out of the way. It either wouldn't turn into a corner or it would over-turn, there rarely seemed to be a 'happy medium'.

Having to drop Sugo from the roster, due to the lack of available pit spots.

Real life getting in the way. Not just for myself (having to miss Imola, a circuit I love and know I would have done well at) but for a lot of folk who missed races. There's no avoiding this though, so it's not RSR's fault at all.

As for season 4 car and track choice, I would have to go through the car roster to see what looks interesting. Car choice is a tricky thing, we have such a wide range of driver skills here at RSR (which is a great thing) that picking a car that suits everybody isn't easy. It needs to be something that is easily driven by, shall we say, the less skilled amongst us, yet also provides a nice challenge for those aliens at the top.

Again, though, it's the members of RSR that make these seasons what they are, so as a staff member at RSR, I want to say a massive thank you to everybody that took part, Season 3 could not have been the success it was without you :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Things I liked:
  • The time between the races, enough to practice for the new rounds. I also like the one week breaks.
  • The track selection, solid and with plenty of different tracks to suit everyone.
  • Weather selection was ok. Not for the random, see cons.
  • Pro-Am structure, keep it like this.
  • Most of the information was clear before the cup. Good quality and on time, good forum structure.
The things that I liked less:
  • The random weather slots. I am really not a fan of these, not knowing what kind of weather is coming up hurts preparation alot. It makes you need to run almost every possible weather slot in practice in order to be prepared for the race. This because of vast majority of different temperatures it can give and how it affects handling. These car were pretty sensitive to it. I and I think I speak for most of the other drivers simply do not have the time to run all these different slots for practice which automatically makes the racing messier. People are stressed, they need to adjust set ups and pit strategies, thinks are likely to wrong with that. Furthermore the racing is messier because people might not have expected certain weather and it's effect on the car. This results in more crashes, ruined races for other people because of collateral damage and overall less fun.
  • Sometimes late communication of certain rules or clarifications. Long beach for example, hearing on race night what the track limits are hurts your preparation. You practice driving certain lines based on track limits, other limits create different (faster) lines, different brake markers and different way of driving your car. I would like to know this far in advance in order to setup and practice properly.
This is what I can think of right now:). Solid job!

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm a new guy here, so here's my very humble feedback for the first competitive racing I did:
First of all, thank all the RSR organizers, admins and drivers. What a great experience.

>The highlight is still the qualifying in split 1 for the season opener at Red Bull Ring. I don't think we'll ever see a qualifying session that tight again.
Yeah, that was insane :)
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.
    • Positive - the post would be too long :)
    • Let's do more random weather slots!
    • Track choices are too subjective, I think it was fine, even though I didn't like most of them personally. Also, you probably did all the best track in previous seasons.
    • The car choice was, all and all, fine, but it was almost un-drivable without a good setup.
    • GT3, GTE or track day specials.
    • H pattern gearbox cars.
    • I would suggest group of cars, instead of just one car.
      • Even if people will use one "fastest" car, it would be great to have a choice - why not?
    • Why not.
    • How about teams with 3-4 drivers?
    • Yes
    • For me, and I think I'm not the only one, the biggest fun-killer is making the setups. Spending a lot of time on it and even so, knowing some people are driving a car, that is much better prepared for the track is frustrating. I know setup is a part of racing and any change is unlikely. As a big open-source fan, I would suggest sharing setups with a copyleft license :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyleft

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Keep it coming guys :)

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First season here so im a newbie aswell.But was great to meet ya ppl.
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
-Car was pretty meh. After first race i lost motivation and i was lazy making new setups so @grobi0815 helped me out. Dunno how is the car without great setup cuz grobi gave me awesome setups all season long. All in all car was hard to drive.
-Tracks were good.
-I love this random weather thingi would be cool to keep it. I saw other palces doing random tracks which makes the racing close but i dont think it would be good in pcars2.
GT3-GTE-Road(X)
I met another hungarian guy so it was cool :p
Prefer this instead of 4 races 1 break
Split one had some weird backmarkers who made alot of weird moves. (Imola me and puffi got destroyed, COTA Diluvan had some issues with a backmarker so am i) Other thant that im waiting for next season to come and race again here. (Also no bs cutting reports which was very good to see :p)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
  • Positives
    • Really enjoyed track choices, suited a smaller low engine powered car
    • Weather conditions were varied and fun from time to time
  • Neutral
    • Races can be a bit longer since it brings in some pit strategy to the table
Which car would you like to drive for season 4?
  • GT3, GTE, Prototype (IMSA / WEC style)
  • Road cars (Road A to F)
How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • Teams are a nice idea, but it doesn't feel like a big bonus or bring a new dimension to the league.
  • Teams also lack focus since all the social media only includes solo drivers.
How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
  • Depends on the length of the races. For the 40 minute races a week preparation is fine.
Do you have any other general feedback?
  • Knockhill was the worst track for a qualification / time trial

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
    • The car wasn't an easy one and the huge difference between soft and hard tires in terms of handling didn't make this easier. With the latest update, the car greatly improved for me and with a good base setup you can definitely have fun with the car.
    • Track choices were good! Didn't like COTA though :)
    • The Weather thing .. I'm for randomnes but I still have the feeling that livetrack doesn't handle every participant the same. The rain-race was an absolute disaster for me and propably took me the chance to win the championship and that was definitely not due to my bad skills or my car setup IMO. Some/one people/person didn't have a wet track at all. That is inacceptable for a championship.
    • Watching a (re-)livestream is amazing. @Battenberg @Pamellaaa @FlyingKman did a great job this season and I really hope we have that for season4 too.
    • Mandatory pitstop was a nice "feature", too.
    • Don't know yet. Would be nice if we would make a kind of voting? Maybe do some induction / fun events with 2 or 3 candidate car classes / cars and decide then? The gap in pace between the participants was quite huge (and I think we have a lot of really good drivers out there!) with the Cayman, maybe we find a way to create a closer battle for everyone? Propably share a good base setup for everyone or so.
    • I liked the team thing! :)
    • Perfect for me.
    • Even more general feedback? :D

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Keep it coming guys :)
That's what she said

I liked the car, took a while to get used to. But once I managed to get used to it it was OK, even FUN to drive. It was a handful. Not too fast, not too slow.
Track choices were fine. I expected COTA to be my worsed track, but I finished first. So I must have done something right
Weather was fine, although I do like rainy days, so they may come more often IMHO
Something road-ish. Preferably a handful, but still something that everyone _can_ drive. Something like an Ariel Atom, or perhaps a more faster road car.
I liked it enough to propose to do the same for next season
I liked it enough to propose to do the same for next season
If possible I think Split 2 could also use a broadcaster.

Thanks for all the hard work done by the admins and stewards and everybody else that was involved.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a newbie in this community, I have to say that I really love this place. It is more relaxed then other places and still challenging in one.

• Positive:
      • The Cayman was a challenging car but definitely not one of my favourites in the near future
      • Weather was absolutely fine, but i am really looking forward to the race next Sunday, especially on a track like Nürburgring or Spa, where a weather change can come quickly
      • The tracks were great, except COTA (I do hate this track :yuck:)
      • Behaviour from most of the drivers on track
      • Organisation at RSR and the help from everyone
    • Negative:
      • It was sometimes hard to overtake a backmarker maybe because of a lack of experience
    • GTE, GT3, GTE and GT3
    • That was great. I was really lucky to get such a great teammate @Eugene Flerko, who was most of the time faster then myself.
    • I do like this
    • No, i don't

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • Teams are a nice idea, but it doesn't feel like a big bonus or bring a new dimension to the league.
  • Teams also lack focus since all the social media only includes solo drivers.
Yeah I agree, there could be more focus on the teams in social media and the streams.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts from a newbie:
1.) I really enjoyed this well organized season in general. Racing in such (positive) circumstances found at RSR is a blast!
2.) Most of us didn't like the car, as it was a real bitch when not set up properly.
3.) The track choice was great, except COTA, as stated by others
4.) I liked the PRO/AM approach.
5.) For the next season I would like to see Multiclass or something like the Ginetta GT5, which a lot of us really liked in induction and fun nights. Some GTE on the larger tracks would also be very cool. Additionally I'd like to propose to have a VR / non-VR split, as the guys with such equipment have a real advantage over the other plebs.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Think you've been hanging around me too much to have picked up that word :p

Gonna leave a minimal feedback comment as my participation was rather fleeting sadly.

Car - such a pita, probably wouldn't have been so bad if that rear spoiler actually created downforce but it didn't=(
Tracks - Couldn't find fault with any of the selected. Would've preferred if COTA was the GP circuit rather than the short version.. would've been cool to actually get the Porsche into 6th gear at least once in the season xD
Weather - Any sign of rain is always unwelcome as a controller noob, tyre life is about 6 laps maximum, going slowly. But hey ho, its all good fun.
Servers - Not sure what it is but I always struggle to find the servers when they are online. That's going through every filter individually, resetting, going through again. restarting the game & steam. repeat. it was total pot luck I even managed to find it for COTA. Any word on when you can join a friend on a dedicated server?

Said it before, say it again... Bring back the Mono :D:woot:

The schedule was pretty good for this season, as long as we keep to Monday league races I should be able to attend rather regularly.

Season finale next round... 6 laps around the green hell in heavy fog>light rain> overcast conditions :pompous: simulated 2.5 hours maybe?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

The Caterham 620R seems to be a damn good car...

Or a Lamborghini Diablo GTR championship would be nice too.
Or the Ginetta G57?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Can i Leave feedback even though I didnt race this season?
I did intend to race Season 3 but after testing the car found I just didn't enjoy driving it so couldn't imagine myself doing enough practice sadly.

Isn't it about time for a single seater season ;)? Formula C/Renault/Rookie, Indy Car? or even more fun Lotus 25's or 49/49C's or any of the old lotus'

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I had much Fun! I can't say more, i really enjoyed it.
Hard to tell... I read Single Seater, and i'm all in for that! FC would be nice.
Nice Idea, i hope it will come back for Season 4!
Schedule was good, especially the break. It was still hard sometimes when the Race startet very Late and get then up Early next day...
Not Really.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread