Revolution Cup - Season 3 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

It was organised well, but that's nothing new, the car is ok, it's abit bland and boring, but was having fun sometimes, track selection was different, choice's could of been better suited for this particular car. Schedule was fine, like the idea of a break every so often, the AM/PRO team's is good, but it's not really true to form, personally I think a random selection could work, ie out of a hat, I don't think having teams is a necessity.
As for future event, personally I think I would point more towards the open wheeler's..

Oh yeh, stay away from thunderstorms, the lightening effect is over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
+ nice Organisation, Thanks RSR!!!!
± Car Combo, the cayman drive nice but it is something between race and roadcar, i would prefere a real racecar
- "unpopular" tracks, would like few standart tracks in the next session, maybe 2 "new one"
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 4?
a real racecar GT4 or higher
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
good idea, i would stay like this
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
also very good system
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
i would start 15 min earlier and have the Q 15 min longer, means about 30minutes. We drive most times short tracks, if in the Q are 30 People, were every time someone get out of the pit with cold tires, it is difficult to get one clear track for his own lap.

Maybe also a System possible like ONE car drive out every 30s, has one Installation lap which has to be drive full Speed, then ONLY one lap to set his time, 30 People, means 15minutes + few additional for a exciting qualify were everyone can spectate who is not on track. Everyone would have the same conditions and his own decission if he drive 100% and risk a offtrack or failure or a safty lap... just an idea

Loxias

Community Member
Reaction score
I liked it, though there are some things I feel like I should comment on:

Orginization:

Mostly good, If there is anything that comes to mind it's the Split 2 race at Imola, where the server said goodnight. If there is any way to test the servers before races (like having a group of people doing a short mock-race before the actual race) that would be awesome, though I don't know if there are any real way of doing so.

Race time (IRL) seemed fine to me, though I got the impression that some people would like it to be earlier in the evening. Personally I would have liked the races to come closer together, but it was not an issue in any way. I just really liked racing and couldn't wait for the next race to start. :p

I was never completely sold on the PRO/AM driver status that was given, as I felt it was a bit arbitrary. I do feel like it can be a great addition to the cup, though I would have liked for you guys to give a bit more info on why people ended up where they did. Also, the driver table and the scoring system was fantastic, and I was always going to the forum to check what my current standing was or would be after each race.

Car:
Lets just say the car was average. It was fun to drive, though it required a lot more setup-work than I was comfortable with. When the car was set up for the track I found it to be very fun to drive, though I felt like I was at the mercy of my competitors helping me getting the car to the point of being competitive.

All in all I would say that you should pick a car that drives well with one of the stock setups, as forcing people to drive stock setups for a full season is probably going to annoy a lot of people.

I do also agree with @Shepard that multiclass would be awesome, or maybe even having open classes, where people can pick whatever car they want, though they would have to stick with it the whole season of course.

Tracks and weather:
I was very sad to see my one and only Sugo get replaced due to the number of pitboxes, but for the most part they were fun. COTA was a bit of a mixed bag, and I personally don't like Imola, but at least the track list was varied, so it never felt like I was going to do the exact same race twice. This did however amplify the setup problem, though that has more to do with the car than the tracks.

Now on to the weather. As a person driving in VR with an AMD card, I was having performance problems (be it big or small) with basically any weather that was not sunny. I do see why you had weather, and it did at to the immersion going from night to dawn to day to dusk, but my computer doesn't agree with me. Conclusion: I should get a better GPU.

Summary:
This event was awesome, I've had a blast driving with all the people in Split 2 and trying my best to not hit anyone, something I feel like I mostly succeeded in. Let's hope the next season will be even better, and that it wont be too far into the future!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
    • Track choices, I like the variety of tracks and also like the split of technical tracks and not so technical. I really enjoyed the random weather slot of thunderstorm. In VR that was absolutly awesome.
    • I would like to see something like a Track day car.
    • Again, I really enjoyed this aspect and would like to see it continue.
    • The schedule fits well with me, but if it did change I would race still.
    • Just would like to say a big thank you to all the drivers in Split 2, (and split 1) it was some good racing at times, and thanks for your patience with the issues we had towards the start of the season.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all thanks to the RSR Team for organisation and all Members for this great season!

The schedule with breaks is ok and it was helpful in my case for new tracks like fuji. Perhaps it would be great to have a 2 week break before the final race.
The car really was a challenge. I only managed to make slow stable or fast undriveable setups. :D
Personally I'd like a car for next season where you have not too much setup options.
The Team wasn't used this much in this season, but that's my fault. Anyway I like the Team Idea and could also think of Teams with 3-4 drivers.
There are so much tracks to choose from and they are all a blast to race with RSR. I like the combination of well known and lesser known tracks (at least for me). And if the longer breaks can be arranged before the 'harder' tracks it would be even better.
One negative thing was that the track limits for Long Beach were not clearly defined days before the race.
The weather choice was a good balance. I like the random slots in a way because it's more like in real live, but it also needs much more time for preparation. Perhaps we can simplify the random part by using 'real weather', or limit the random slot to lets say something between light rain and thunderstorm. Anyway, more rain the better :D

If I have to choose one point: give me a simpler car (in terms of setup)

Phos4us

Community Member
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
I could only participate in 1 race as a guest driver, so my feedback is rather limited. RSR puts on the most organized events of any league I race with. Though I never really received any confirmation that I would be allowed to participate or which split to join, I slotted in with the guys I find myself racing against normally and all was well.
Which car would you like to drive for season 4?
GT4 to Indy Car or anything in between. I run in a multiclass LMP2/GTE/GT3 league and the racing is really good. Almost everyone finds someone to race against.
How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
The schedule would have worked for me if racedays were on weekends. The timezone differences limit my weekday participation. It's a European focused league so that's understood. Otherwise, the schedule would have been suitable.
Do you have any other general feedback?
I liked the challenge of the extreme weather thrown at the Donnington race, though I got collected in about 3 different accidents.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I cant really give much feed back becouse the first 3/4 races my pc was playing up.

However i can say track choice was spot on.
Personaly i didnt like the car as some have said it took far to long to get it to a point i felt comfy with it.

My car sugestions for next event would have to be
Gt5, ginneta gt4, ktm xbow gt4, or a lambo vs ferrari gt3.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Not the best of seasons for me with various issues which now have been sorted.
Negatives:
1. Car - not the best we could have driven but enjoyable in the end
2. The quality of driving amongst split 2 was something to be desired
if you were not in front then you were expecting some or other incident which is
a distraction when you need to concentrate for the full race.
3. Servers joins were problematic for some, causing later starts, got better
as season progressed.

Positives:
1. Driving standards very good otherwise
2. Track selection very good
3. Darksi done a great job running the servers

GT3 classes or even open wheelers

How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
Keep it like it is and later on maybe increase the team size

Very good no need to change

Other than it was my best season to date race wise, competiveness which was lacking in previous season as well as in general, even with my issues I had there is not much to talk about.
I would like to see in the future some sort of multiclass CUP SEASON. We need to address our driving standards on a more
regular basis. It was not really that bad but there were some incidents I saw, experienced, invloved with etc that should by the standards we set not have happened. Most times the guys in split2 were real gentlemen and I have to compliment them on the way they carried the spirit of RSR through this season. I have to give thanks to the Admin staff on their stirling work they performed in setting, preparing etc this season.

Thank you all for taking part and we hope to see you again for our next season

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
For me it is the first competitive season since theGentlemen's club GT3/4 test "championships" during pCARS1 development stage. Some guys are familiar to me, many are new, and I'm really glad to have the opportunity to meet new sim-dedicated crazy people :)

Organization is superb, the only thing missing is live-broadcasting for split 2. It's hard to do technically due to lack of people ready to take the role of director and broadcaster, but it would be great to have it for next seasons.

Car and tracks:
The car was ok for me, mostly because of priceless help from @grobi0815 who did all the setup work and I have to admit the setups he made were exceptionally stable. To my taste Ginetta GT4 is more interesting car among GT4 car roaster we have in game though.
Regarding the tracks, I enjoyed each of them, but what surprised me most is that I finally found a flow of COTA during the race :) And unlike many others I did have joy driving on that track.

Pro/Am teams:
This is great option. Without cooperating with @grobi0815 I would've been in the bottom of the results table :)
I know I'm not the most stable driver and my results are not always as good as they could've been but after all my team is the number one in split 2 :)

Weather:
I like having some weather randomness it makes our races more lifelike. I remember the last RSR-SMS GT3 race during night at Watkins Glen where we had unexpected fog in the middle of the race and it was fantastic!

Season schedule and start times:
2weeks+1off is good as it gives time to have a rest from practicing (not that I practice every day but still...)
Start time could be a little earlier but if it remains as is it's OK for me as well.

Car for next season:
anything but FWD :)

Great thank you to all organizers and @Darksi! You guys do a fantastic job here!!!

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Being a Newbie!! I must say it was so awesome and an amazing experience to take part in the cup. What a great family of racers with 100% respect, passion and true gentlemen.
I liked the car, thanks to James awesome setups. I did not get a chance to criticize the car negatively. In general it was fun to drive.
Track choices were 100% awesome.
Weather made things interesting and exciting. Very enjoyable. I could feel relief after a race with rain and thunderstoms
Mclaren P1 GTR, Ginetta GT5, Nissan NSX GT3, Toyota TSO40 (Maybe)
Great idea and hope it stays the same
Great idea and hope it stays the same

A great big Thank you for all the hard work done by the admins and stewards and everybody else that was involved. You guys are amazing

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
  • Positive
  1. Great atmosphere on track and forum, I felt very welcome from day one!
  2. The Hell of Donington! I had a great time with all those weather changes. Had so much adrenaline in my body afterwards that I didn’t catch any sleep during the night… driving Donington in my head till sunrise
  3. The car was ok although I was a bit disappointed in the beginning. Coming from the RUF GT3 in PCARS1, I missed power and speed … the Cayman felt more like a rental kart. I also had an issue with the car on the Red Bull Ring, the car behaved completely different from private testing, very nervous and unpredictable, losing the back end all the time in situations no car would… probably a bug or something. But I think a rookie can learn more from driving a car with less power and downforce… in fact a GT3 car is much easier to drive I think… so I prefer to stick to the Cayman, also because otherwise I need to get used to a new car which takes a lot of time…setups et cetera.
  4. The tracks I liked most were Donington and Long Beach, also because of the weather slots and time schedule. Fuji was way too difficult for me, CotA was a bit easier because I had more time to practice after the break… finally got the first corner right by increasing ABS to 70-80% and had my best qualification (11th) of the season
  • Negative
  1. Noticed that some race leaders do not pre-announce over team speak that they are about to pass you… the back marker… so it comes as a total surprise sometimes… especially in corners… better wait for a straight to pass the back marker
  2. Some use your car as a brake in the corner…
  3. At Donington someone made my car flip over out of the blue…landing on the roof… no communication or apologies whatsoever….
  4. No clue about corner numbers…except for turn 1, 2, 3,4 maybe 5 and last… but what about 8 or something… maybe an idea to publish a map with corner numbers on the forum?
  • Car for season 4
  1. I wouldn’t mind to stick with the Cayman
  2. Otherwise a GT3 car, for the looks I’d prefer the Porsche 911 GT3r and I already have some experience with this car… although the engine sound is quite boring(I WANT MY RUF BACK!:D)
  3. Open wheelers are nice, but I predict a lot of crashes…driving over each other’s wheels, and overtaking (back markers) might be risky business
  • Team Championship (Am/Pro)
  1. Leave as is, nice way to get to know each other and learn from a pro
  • Schedule
  1. Perfect, although I would prefer to have the more technical tracks (Fuji, CotA, et cetera) planned after a break so there is more time to practice
  • General ideas
  1. Some hints and tips for rookies regarding car setups for each race… so the car will make it to the finish (apart from own mistakes and crashes). For instance: Tyre compound and pressure (on some tracks soft slicks are not an option), brake duct opening, radiator setting, amount of fuel - I messed up 2 times due to a blown engine (Imola and Long beach) and 1 time due to wrong tyre choice (soft slicks on CotA).... and on Red Bull Ring I was kicked out because of 'insufficient progress'.... waiting for the race leaders to pass me after a crash... ridiculous, but I guess this 'insufficient progress' issue isn't something we can get rid of?
  2. General standard check before the race for all: Livery, Set-up (tyres, fuel ok?), Pit strategy
  3. A Rookie Challenge with the Cayman! (next to season 4 of the RSR cup, on a different day)
Probably I won't be able to join all season 4 races... but I hope to see you all back soon for the next.....
'GREEN! GREEN! GREEN!' :D:D:D

Last edited:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So just a quick review. Great car, selection of tracks especially the different stylezzz really made it an enjoyable season.
Also like the 1 week break, since it's easier to scheduelle the days off for me in that case. If there are 4 races in 1 month I am 100% sure to miss 1 or 2 and like this it's better!

As for weather, I agree with some of you about the random slot. It takes too much time to consider all weather and this is sometimes not nice if you don't have time. So yes keep the different types of weather and time progressions, but random on race day is too much. A middle way IMO is to keep it 'logical' for the race if we want to use random. So for example lets take a race in Japan. Either it's hot and sunny, overcast because of the smog or a cyclon is passing by. This way it's still a bit random but you don't have to train all different weather scenarios. Also if there are 2 weather slots it should be 'relatively' real.. so if one of the slots are known, the other slot should at least be something 'more or less realistic' statistically!

As for an upcoming car, I would love to see a car with a bit of downforce but not too much power (dunno what counts, but less power than gt3 and maybe a bit more downforce than the Cayman we had now). Especially on tracks like Spa or COTA, the setting of a wing would be a nice strategy difference on the same car for different drivers.

Pro/Am.. since I'm gonna loose my teammate (i guess), we can get rid of this system. NOOO just kidding. Like it!

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
First of all thank you to everyone for a super enjoyable season of racing!

The car choice created some awesome racing over races however I do think that it was just too stubborn to get right. Imo you needed a good 5+ hours to get the set up working to a point where it was possible to keep consistent times (this was a bit of a pain on back to back weeks I found) and from my own experiences and from talking to others, it caused a drop off when it came to motivation to race. My suggestion would be a car that doesn't need a lot of setup changes over the course of a season or just doesn't have many settings to change this means less time you need to put into the testing before a race. The Frookie or one of the G40s fit this well

I would like to make a suggestion to how you guys select the car though, it seems to me that the majority didn't enjoy the Cayman and it got me thinking on ways you could select cars that most people want to drive. My thought was if the staff use their same method of selection as in previous seasons but as they trim down on the number of cars being considered they stop at 3 potential cars we could run. Then we could then put up a poll between car A, B and C for all members to vote for and thus we get a car that we all chose to drive next season as a group rather than being told to drive and not enjoying it as much.

I think its also worth saying that the shorter tracks make the races more fun in low-power cars so more Donni Nat and Long beach in the future please :D

The teams worked well this season although im still salty about @jamesl91 being an AM and completely hammering most PRO's in the first quail session and race xD

The schedule is perfect for me and my college course. It gives me a good chance to catch up on work in the break making racing easier to do without falling behind :D

Thank you again to all the staff and drivers for a great season and I hope to come back and have a good fight next season :)

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Positives
Greatly organized, credit to the admins.
Good track variation
Well planned weather and season, sadly THE game struggled with this sometimes

Negatives
If we want to copy a IRL driver briefing, less questions. Admins say the important points. If something during the race is unclear regarding rules you leave a comment and the subject can be handled, like in real life.
Understand this is tough with normal races but in a league the information should be carefully read by everyone. Would save time.

Often late racestarts. Many people having issues. Maybe om lucky but I seldon have problems with wheel or connection.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well... What a season it has been, Some fantastic races with a tough car. We have welcomed so many new members and what a good example this season has been both on and off track, We have helped each other improve both as individuals and as a community and can only grow in strength!

Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
There have been several positives for me this season, The car was fun to drive but a nightmare to setup, track choices were great with the exception of COTA, I really feel we should have used the full circuit as this would have given us more strategic options in terms of straight line speed. I personally don't like the random weather slots however, i would like to see the "real weather" used more as we can focus our setup towards that with an element of unpredictability.
Not the Cayman! :D
I would like to see something like the Renault Megan V6. or GT5 or TCR
How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
This has been a good feature for 2 seasons but i think its time to expand it further, to help those who struggle why not have 1 team of 4 drivers covering split 1 and 2. Keep the PRO/AM system. I feel this will help get people practising together more and work as a team across both splits for an overall team championship, while keeping the splits separate for the drivers championship
Cant fault this schedule, however if we were to increase to 8 races, i would suggest a 3 week break midway through.

Nothing else to say really except I have really enjoyed this season, for me it started off so well and went down hill from race 2 onwards, I achieved my first RSR podium in Austria and had the pace all season long. Qualified in top 10 every race except long beach, but with 3 DNFs(mostly due to tires and the Ready button) my season was over quite early. That being said i have still enjoyed racing hard with everyone. on a plus side i scored 1 more point than last season(success)! :D

Finally i would like to thank every member who took part in Season 3 for making it such an enjoyable season to both race in and watch. Hope you enjoy the Christmas holiday and join us next year for some more close racing! :)

The teams worked well this season although im still salty about @jamesl91 being an AM and completely hammering most PRO's in the first quail session and race xD

That was such a good race and I'm totally not sorry about making u Salty :D

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm very sorry that I did not manage to take part in the championship, because since November I had problems, because of which I missed all the races.

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank the Admins and Mods for organizing Season 3 of the Revolution Cup, It has been a fantastic season I hope to take part in the next Season
  • The choice of tracks was very good for the ones that I took part in, The car choice could of be better since I had to put to put a lot of time into the setup work, of which I didn't always get right or asking other drivers for a setup that works for me
  • I would keep the weather as it is, as it works very well,
  • Touring Cars or Classics or DTMs
  • Keep it as it is
  • I would keep the schedule as it is as it works very well
  • I would the like to see more teammate working together more and them not to having to work on there own
  • I would the like to see the dedicated servers up and ready for the start time and so that the drivers don't have to wait

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Forgot to give some car ideas for season 4:

• The BMW 320 TC (E90)
    • A very very fun car to drive, RWD, no too fast and definitely diverse enough. I would highly recommend everyone to try this one out, I would love to drive this in season 4!
  • The Radical SR3-RS
    • Equals with the BMW on my list, one of the most fun cars to drive and I can really see it work in a competitive league. Also recommended to try this one out, you won't regret it.
  • Some other suggestions: Formula C, LMP3, KTM x-bow GT4

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
SR3-RS is a great choice, good default set up that can be tinkered with if need be.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought a bit more about the Team Championship. I like the idea and how it is. But at the moment I see no point for any driver in really working hard together. Sure there were some members who worked together, but most members are also helping each other if anyone asks nicely :)
Racing is more a solo sport per definition imho. (except Team endurance races). So what can we do? It was suggested above to promote the Teams more in Social Media and in the Stream. That surely helps and can be the next small update for Season 4.
What we cannot do is forgot about individual results and just focus on Teams. That would be an option, but I don't think anyone would like it, as it's not what is racing about.
We also have no Team-Manager who looks for the Team points. So I also have no solution but wanted to encourage you to think about it. :)

One more idea, if it's not too complex. Let the guest drivers fill the Team-Slots for the Teams where drivers opted out, first guest driver who opt-in fill the first opted-out Team slot and so on. That perhaps could help not only the Team-Points also to know early who is not driving and to give the guest drivers more time in advance to sign in. Could also help to fill the servers.

Users who are viewing this thread