Revolution Cup - Season 3 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
And when u have to restart the lobby and ask everyone to leave the session all get minus ratings. We won't use it for any events for the near future.

I believe that is the case when the race has started. Not during P or Q

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Considering that pCars2 still has multiple connection issues, in some cases even client issues it's not recommended to have a licence requirement set to the lobbies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

There are occasions where we restart the race in a race session. How could we justify that to everyone who participates?

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
There are occasions where we restart the race in a race session. How could we justify that to everyone who participates?

Then we wouldn’t restart as in IRL right. Have you seen an real races been restarted for some technical issues. We’ll have to live with some bad luck or broken PCs

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Then we wouldn’t restart as in IRL right. Have you seen an real races been restarted for some technical issues. We’ll have to live with some bad luck or broken PCs
When there is a mass dissconnection then the lobby will be restarted.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

When there is a mass dissconnection then the lobby will be restarted.

I am with you @rillo7105. If 1 or 2 people got issues we usually don't restart the race. But as @Gxbbs mentioned, what do you do if steam is disconnecting 10 people? Also tough luck? Something like that would, in my opinion, ruin the complete championship.

Therefore for rare occasions restarts in a race session is possible and needed. And in those rare situations everyone will lose massive points because he has to disconnect (If I remember correctly static -50 points for a DC).

Does people give up that easily 50 points of the rating?

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
I am with you @rillo7105. If 1 or 2 people got issues we usually don't restart the race. But as @Gxbbs mentioned, what do you do if steam is disconnecting 10 people? Also tough luck? Something like that would, in my opinion, ruin the complete championship.

Therefore for rare occasions restarts in a race session is possible and needed. And in those rare situations everyone will lose massive points because he has to disconnect (If I remember correctly static -50 points for a DC).

Does people give up that easily 50 points of the rating?

Well the rating goes up and down in the public lobbies as it might do in league racing. I got my share of bad luck in the public lobbies but in the end i know it will even out as it always does ( karma ) :)

I'm not insisting on doing any league racing sessions with the rating on but i think people will be more careful once it is on. Not saying we should race like sissies if you know what i mean :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You shouldn't drive carefully because you're bothered about your rating but because you care about your fellow members :)

We shouldn't need something like the ingame rating system to race clean and fair here at RSR :)

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't drive carefully because you're bothered about your rating but because you care about your fellow members :)

We shouldn't need something like the ingame rating system to race clean and fair here at RSR :)

We shouldn’t so that’s why the rating system is good for everyone once it is on. It isn’t perfect but it is a good start. In iRacing you can’t turn it off which is good so every move or contact counts.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
We shouldn’t so that’s why the rating system is good for everyone once it is on. It isn’t perfect but it is a good start. In iRacing you can’t turn it off which is good so every move or contact counts.

The rating system doesn't apply to hosted league races in iRacing and generally speaking it's not an issue because there is a sense of honour amongst friends in a league or club. Not to mention the racing is far closer and more enjoyable when you can trust people to race fairly!

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
The rating system doesn't apply to hosted league races in iRacing and generally speaking it's not an issue because there is a sense of honour amongst friends in a league or club. Not to mention the racing is far closer and more enjoyable when you can trust people to race fairly!

You are correct about the private hosted races in iRacing. My thought was just that every race, league or public should count for the rating

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will the information about Round 1s lobby setting (in-game date and so on) will be posted soon?
I don't have time to train tomorrow or monday till late in the afternoon :(

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we have discoverd that some tracks do not allow for 32 drivers so a small change has been made in order for all to participate.

Is this why Sugo disappeared? Pity. Sugo's my favourite track. Love it.

G

Gopher04

Will there be a practice server running Puff, always good to do some online practice as you know..

Yeh I was looking forward to Sugo as well, haven't driven that since GTR days..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is this why Sugo disappeared? Pity. Sugo's my favourite track. Love it.
Aye, slightly sad myself to see it set aside but, it is with the best of intentions. I don't doubt we'll have some races on there in the future though, it is a lovely circuit :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will there be a practice server running Puff, always good to do some online practice as you know..

Yeh I was looking forward to Sugo as well, haven't driven that since GTR days..
Not sure there will be an "official practice" before Monday but I bet there'll be some practice lobbies online over the weekend from our members. Best to check here or in TS :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A combination of pace & experience. It's mostly done so we can avoid 2 front runners teaming up and running away with the team's title. The titles Pro and Am shouldn't be read into too much, they're just labels and don't mean some drivers are more professional or competent than others.

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Any known bugs that we need to know about before the race. I don´t know if the setup bug was fixed in the latest patch.

Users who are viewing this thread