Revolution Cup - Season 3 - Question Thread (3 Viewers)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any known bugs that we need to know about before the race. I don´t know if the setup bug was fixed in the latest patch.
Yesterday I tried to save a setup over an existing one. At least my on my computer the setup-bug is not fixed!

G

Gopher04

I found that I have to go through a routine to beable to overwrite a setup, make sure when you are ready save using the the new setup button, then you will see your setups there, pick the one you want, click it, you seem to have to hit the continue button twice for some reason, then wait till the big yellow arrow appears.

But there is still problems, I had another setup completely vanish again the other day and that was when I created a new setup slot altogether, so many bugs again...

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm afraid I couldn't find the exact details, so I'm asking here.

Lobby settings for the race are a 45 minute (time) race and I assume a standing start GRID.
After everything is ok (min. 5 sec), we'll drive off for our warm-up lap and next time over start finish the race starts?

Reason for asking, is the fuel calculation. If it is done like above, this means for the 'warm-up' and initial 'is everything ok' period, some time will be 'eaten' from the 45 race minutes. Hence, you need less fuel than normally required for full 45 minutes racing.

Is above correct?

thewanted

Community Member
Reaction score
Will you guys continue to use UTC when daylight savings ends on 29 October, ie. the races will effectively start 1 hour earlier?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will you guys continue to use UTC when daylight savings ends on 29 October, ie. the races will effectively start 1 hour earlier?

The starting times will be adjusted accordingly. They will move forward to 19:30 UTC.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to bad they will remain at 19:30 UK...but i guess this is a northern europe community and i have to adapt to you guys having dinner so early :D...

Anyway my question is rather simple: i was not able to sign up before because my induction was last week after the signing was closed so...will they will be open today as stated? if so what is the deadline for the time trials (if applicable)

Thanks very much in advance!

P.S.: if i cannot join i dont mind doing some commentating with some other person streaming. I have a (rather inactive) youtube channel related to gaming and music in general so i am kinda used to this :).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to bad they will remain at 19:30 UK...but i guess this is a northern europe community and i have to adapt to you guys having dinner so early :D...

Anyway my question is rather simple: i was not able to sign up before because my induction was last week after the signing was closed so...will they will be open today as stated? if so what is the deadline for the time trials (if applicable)

Thanks very much in advance!

P.S.: if i cannot join i dont mind doing some commentating with some other person streaming. I have a (rather inactive) youtube channel related to gaming and music in general so i am kinda used to this :).

You just asked 4 minutes too early :p

https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/revolution-cup-season-3-sign-up.904/page-4#post-21054

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
tks and if i sign up today and i send my time trials in the upcoming days, when am i elegible to participate?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
tks and if i sign up today and i send my time trials in the upcoming days, when am i elegible to participate?
If it's all done before monday then you will be good to go. Although make sure that you are aware that you will be a reserve, so you are not guarenteed a drive until someone drops out.

The_Duke_ZA

Community Member
Reaction score
2 of the races will have a "Random" weather slot.

I've read (but not experienced it myself to confirm) that with the "Random" slot that Snow would be possible during the event. It could even snow if you pick a date in Summer.

Does anyone know if this scenario possible? If so, are we all good to race even if it ends up being a blizzard at Imola/Donington?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
2 of the races will have a "Random" weather slot.

I've read (but not experienced it myself to confirm) that with the "Random" slot that Snow would be possible during the event. It could even snow if you pick a date in Summer.

Does anyone know if this scenario possible? If so, are we all good to race even if it ends up being a blizzard at Imola/Donington?
We have been made aware of this problem. We have decided that we will randomly pick a weather slot in the drivers briefing just before the race. This way no one can practice the weather slot and we won’t risk having snow/thunderstorms.

The_Duke_ZA

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers Gxbbs, sensible approach in my opinion.

As much as I love messing around with snow offline, don't think everyone would be keen on driving the GT4's in snow.
Glad you guys got it covered!

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
very well handled. this should make things interesting :D I think the only "problem" is people will know what will be the weather beforehand and adjust their strategies accordingly, but then thats more a less what happens in reallity. You can predict with some certainty when it will start raining etc.

Noisen

Community Member
Reaction score
If we don't use random slot for the weather, will be using then the current real temperatures for each track?

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
so the date in-game will be the date of the race? in example: Imola will be the 23/10/17 - 11:00 AM - Overcast + Random?

I want to test those precise conditions in the weekend and setup my car accordingly.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
so the date in-game will be the date of the race? in example: Imola will be the 23/10/17 - 11:00 AM - Overcast + Random?

I want to test those precise conditions in the weekend and setup my car accordingly.
I believe that is correct, I think the dates will change from round 3 onwards if I remember correctly.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Overcast + Random?

I wouldn't bother testing with random as the staff team will be randomly selecting the "random" slot themselves in the drivers briefing due to a bug.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread