Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
While the current system should be, like you say, expanded more towards participation, eg giving points for everyone, your system tends too much towards participation vs. performance. Especially without drop results this is not desirable.

For reference, those are some points systems in comparison:
points increase P1-P2 P2-P3
FIA 25 18 15 39% 20%
RSR 40 33 28 21% 18%
AOR 40 35 32 14% 9% almost last years system, we had 40 36 32
iRacing 100 80 70 25% 14%

We are pretty much inline with what other series do. Already have an idea in which direction to go though :)

PS how do I do a good format in this forum xD The alignment looks bad after I posted

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
While the current system should be, like you say, expanded more towards participation, eg giving points for everyone, your system tends too much towards participation vs. performance. Especially without drop results this is not desirable.

For reference, those are some points systems in comparison:
points increase P1-P2 P2-P3
FIA 25 18 15 39% 20%
RSR 40 33 28 21% 18%
AOR 40 35 32 14% 9% almost last years system, we had 40 36 32
iRacing 100 80 70 25% 14%

We are pretty much inline with what other series do. Already have an idea in which direction to go though :)

PS how do I do a good format in this forum xD The alignment looks bad after I posted
I got what you were saying :)

Basically we are inbetween FIA and AOR. Personally I've absolutely no problem with the system as is, even though I have a feeling next seasons goal for me might be to get some points on the board...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
... your system tends too much towards participation vs. performance. Especially without drop results this is not desirable.
I want to add to this a “why”.

Stu was there the last two races but couldn’t find the server, PD only had one bad race, PCs crash, internet can disconnect, people have work commitments, just to name a few. For all those they could forget the season after just 1 race.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want to add to this a “why”.
That's the question that has to be asked. Do you want your drivers to participate or do you want to focus on the speed demons?

Stu was there the last two races but couldn’t find the server, PD only had one bad race, PCs crash, internet can disconnect, people have work commitments, just to name a few. For all those they could forget the season after just 1 race.
It's a game in the end and technical issues happen as my PC quit on me at Silverstone and my stomach quit on me during the Bathurst race. It remains "project" cars, meaning issues like that happen, so will issues occur in real life like crashing on raceday practice and not having the (spare)car ready for the race.
People sign up to a championship over multiple races throughout 8 weeks, not single events whenever they have time like iRacing. So focussing on participation or leaning towards participation will actually suit the "championship" more.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That contradicts itself. Why would I want to participate in a championship, where if I have one single problem the championship is over? That is in itself countering the participation part. With your points system there is no way to make up ground.

We won’t change the system to where the winner gets only 5 points more than P5. That’s against any real life or online championship rules. We will however consider expanding it to P25 or even further. That’s me leaning far out the window not being an admin ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I like the conversation @Puffpirat and @Dutchtastic. Once we start iron out season 5 we will come back to both of you :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well...i made the suggestion on my feedback to discard the worst result (including DNS and DNF) F1 in 1980's style. This will help mitigate those scenarios :)...

Would an option like this be on the table?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well...i made the suggestion on my feedback to discard the worst result (including DNS and DNF) F1 in 1980's style. This will help mitigate those scenarios :)...

Would an option like this be on the table?
We will review all the feedback and look at the best options for the future

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
  • The Streams were the greatest thing! They are also great to watch after the race or the next day, you get another view what happened in the race besides your own view. Special thankS to @t0daY, @The Wayfaerer and @Jonno
  • I'd like more challenge for the weather. Short rain showers? Using the real weather feature? random?
  • Make Monaco the season final. :p
Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
  • Ginetta G40 Junior, GT4 Class or just something a bit slower than GTE
How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • :) great, keep it this way.
How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
  • it works, it would also work with all 2 weeks or every week. It consumes much time whatever calendar we choose. :D
  • If we keep the schedule, why not try to make a 'difficult' race (eg. special weather) after the break and the 'easier' ones with shorter breaks?
  • Why not 1 race, break, 2 races, break, 2 races, break, final race? - Reason: first race brings the most experience to apply to the next races, and we would have more time preparing the final. Negative: season is longer.
Do you have any other general feedback?
  • Just a big thank for organisation!

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
Tracks were diverse and challenging. Maybe a bit more variation with weather slots in a single race. I personally just couldn't get to grips with the car which showed in my dedication to practice and ultimately in my pace.

TCR or GT4 class

Gotta keep it this way!

I'd prefer to have a 2-week break between each race, but the format we had is good too.

Make split 1 easier so I can get consistent Top 10 :p

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
GTEs were a blast! Tracks were good too. Weather has been... guess what: Absolutely amazing :D
For next season I could imagine having one or two more races. 6 is at the minimum to call it a league in my opinion, it was fine, but maybe 8 could bring a little more excitement and commitment to the people.

I'm not the biggest fan of a open wheeler for a league. Yes, they are fun to drive, but I think for on-track-battling-action there are more suitable cars out there. It has been also already mentioned that even faster cars than GTE widens out the skill gap and will lead to less battles.
I saw you used the GT4 Porsche last season and I think it must have been a really good experience. So if you're not already bored of GT4s, why not go for a single GT4 car again? What about the BMW M3 E92 GT4 or the Aston Martin Vantage GT4? I also saw someone mentioning Multi Class and whenever I hear that my eyes go as big as the ones of a cat when it sees a bird right in front of his eyes.

Very very good! I'm glad I could meet and work together with a new racing mate.

Yes, please keep it! I think 3 races and 1 break at max could work too, if you plan on more than 6 races next season.

Big thank you to all the guys who put a lot of effort in this to make it work! It was a fantastic experience and I had a awesome time. :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please keep the feedback coming, Suggestions welcome!

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
Please keep the feedback coming, Suggestions welcome!
You asked for it...

Nothing but positive things to say about the community, the racing, or the broadcasts....

But you guys really need to do an open wheel season.

I understand that slower cars make for smaller gaps, but there's ways to mitigate gaps and keep the racing close by other means.

Also for those afraid of attrition rates from an open wheel season...

If you can go 2 wide through monza chicanes, and 3 wide into turn one at zolder...you can do open wheels.

The only mindset that you have to adjust, is that "rubbing is" no longer "racing".

From my perspective, this only increases your race craft since you have to be much more selective with your passes, since precision and consistency matters more than raw pace.

For PRD (sorry for name drop) our BEST and most competitive season ever, was in the Formula Gulf, which sadly didn't make it into Project Cars 2. It was the most different winners in a season, and the battles were always amazing regardless of what position it was for.

Last edited:

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Outstanding
This community. You know why.

Good
GTE - Not a car class I particularly drove in earnest before, along with most GT3, as 90% of the public lobbies are of this type. Must say though I did enjoy the challenge. Though it very much turned into a 2 car class in Split 2.

Neutral
As much as I enjoy the varied start times & weather, trying to race when the fps drops to 19 can be, dodgy with other cars around me. Though this is more my weak GPU not being able to cope with potato settings :(

Bad
There were times when the TS chatter got a touch too, angry. Though this improved dramatically over the season.
Otherwise another outstanding League season!

I keep saying it, mostly because I really really like that car, BAC Mono.
I'm not a huge fan of the open wheeler's. The cars feel totally different from how they drove/handled in pcars1. I still haven't gotten the hang of them.
I'd stick to road legal, turned track toys to race with.
That or something totally outrageous - karting anyone? :p (please don't)

I do enjoy this, unfortunately @atmosfearic34 didn't have me for long & had to score all the points for us. (Pretty sure this is the 2nd time my Am driver has outscored me now:eek::oops:) Outstanding job you did man. Couldn't believe how quick you were in Monza.

I'm easy with this. Monday's always work better for myself though I know it's not the case for everyone.

When do we start again?!:D:D:D

Can agree with all these. Also for the short time we raced together it was a pleasure. Shame I couldn't get the second half of the second season down. College is pretty cruel atm. Until next season!

Users who are viewing this thread