Revolution Cup - Season 5 - Driver Splits & Pro/Am Assignment (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

With the time-trial event now complete, we have completed the process of allocating each driver to their respective 'split'. With more than 50 drivers signed up for Season 5, this has resulted in two splits.

Drivers have been assigned to each split based on various factors. The key factor, of course, was the time-trial - which we hope you all enjoyed - but we have also used previous performance and our own knowledge of each driver to ensure that they are fairly placed.

In addition to the Splits, each driver has been assigned a Pro and an Am category. This is to provide a fair team competition, whereby each team must consist of one Pro and one Am driver. There is no bias in favor of either category, 'Am' drivers have as much say in the team as the 'Pro'.

Each split will have its own sub-forum, with relevant threads for the race results, race discussions, video footage etc. Nobody will be restricted from reading and posting in either section but please try and stick to your own split's threads for posting.

Without further ado, here are the driver splits:

Reserves: @Nakor @atmosfearic34 @Zemke @Eugene Flerko

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking at times from both splits and between PRO and AM drivers, this will be a crazy close season

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any split 1 Pro driver interested in teaming up with me? :) I can help work on the setup and hopefully find something which will destroy opposition ;) (offer not guaranteed) Just so you know I will miss the first race only because I'll be on holiday. Other than this one I'll be there all the time :)

The offer stands for split 2 drivers as well with the cross split teams! :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking at times from both splits and between PRO and AM drivers, this will be a crazy close season
Depends on how much sand-bagging was done but yeah, if the top guys get their setups nailed down, it will be a really close fight at the top. Should be really great to watch, from a neutral perspective :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Depends on how much sand-bagging was done but yeah, if the top guys get their setups nailed down, it will be a really close fight at the top. Should be really great to watch, from a neutral perspective :)
I'm assuming sandbagging of the fastest guys, to hide their pace knowing they'll be split 1. Do people sandbag to be in split 2? o_O

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm assuming sandbagging of the fastest guys, to hide their pace knowing they'll be split 1. Do people sandbag to be in split 2? o_O
Who knows, maybe. I mean, I only 'sandbagged' in as much as I didn't spend even 1 second changing car setup, I went with default and did no more than 4 laps on each circuit. Given that there were a flurry of times in the last 24 hours, I suspect some of those weren't exactly set showing the full potential of the particular driver.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Sandbagging is not nice but also not forbidden. Luckily the TimeTrial times are not the only criteria, the staff team knows mostly every driver which means personal experience does matter aswell :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Sandbagging is not nice but also not forbidden. Luckily the TimeTrial times are not the only criteria, the staff team knows mostly every driver which means personal experience does matter aswell :)

What defines sandbagging? Some may say that it is already sandbagging if you don't drive hundreds of laps to achieve the best time possible and push the boundaries of what you can do from the get-go.
To me, sandbagging is when you drive slower than you can on purpose. So I would say not giving a huge f*** about TT doesn't count as sandbagging.
I "only" did 12 or 13 laps on each of the TT tracks until I was somewhat happy with the outcome.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What defines sandbagging? Some may say that it is already sandbagging if you don't drive hundreds of laps to achieve the best time possible and push the boundaries of what you can do from the get-go.
To me, sandbagging is when you drive slower than you can on purpose. So I would say not giving a huge f*** about TT doesn't count as sandbagging.
I "only" did 12 or 13 laps on each of the TT tracks until I was somewhat happy with the outcome.
Not driving to your full potential is the simple definition in my mind. Now that can come from not creating a setup you want to share - so you run with something deliberately compromised, not doing many laps or simply not "going for it". I went for it as best I could in the 4 laps I did on default. Could I go faster, with more laps under my belt? Most likely, but not by seconds, only tenths or hundredths. Could I go faster if I created a setup that suited the track and my style of driving? Yes, undoubtedly. In that respect, I was sandbagging because I didn't spend the time (well, ANY time) working on a setup to get the best out of me and the car.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I doubt any TT time listed is the pinnacle of what that person can achieve. Generally the request was to just spend some decent effort. For example, while I'm still shaving large chunks of seconds off with each passing 30mins, I would want to continue to develop the time until I felt it represented my ability.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
At least I was almost at the peak of what is possible for me without spending additional hours of training.

Users who are viewing this thread