Revolution Cup - Season 5 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Delays, constant delays, to chat about any nonsense that i don't really care, to smoke, to wait for 1 members that did not bother to have everything ready beforehand. I don't like delays that's all.
I failed to mention this in my feedback, but yes, I think the schedule could be more tightly controlled without being any less friendly. This could be as simple as making clear to everyone when to stay quiet, and when questions are being accepted, but everyone has a responsibility not to drag on the lobby time. Some people I know from these races are stretching their free time already just to attend. As an added thought, if we want the broadcasting to go even more smoothly next season, having a predictable time to go into game will be very valuable.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To intervene directly, an H-Shifter car wont be happening for a season car. Sorry :/

thats a bummer, what kind of vintage car does already have paddle shifts?

Well if none, i'll go for some modern slower cars i guess :).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
thats a bummer, what kind of vintage car does already have paddle shifts?

Well if none, i'll go for some modern slower cars i guess :).

There is still an unfair advantage towards people without an H-Shifter. I dont wanna read all the flame about "but I don't have an h-shifter yata yata yata".

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
Positive:
  • This was my first cup. I loved being a part of it! Thanks for having me!
  • The obvious effort of the admins in choosing tracks that compliment the car. I would have loved Algarve, man what a track, but otherwise great track selection.
  • Wet race. I don't know why, but the car just came alive for me at Brno. Qualifying in 4th for the feature race is my highlight of the season. A second wet race would have been cool, although I know it's not eveyone's cup of preferred beverage.
  • The grip of the car. I prefer the feel of downforce cars. Nailing a lap was extremely satisfying.
  • Hearing your name in the stream, even if it's not going too well. The streams are amazing, and I even watched one or two after a race.
  • The Clio Cup race in the middle of the season was such a great tension breaker.
Negative:
  • Due to circumstances I missed two races. All is better now though.
  • The car. I could never get to grips with driving in dirty air. I don't think I was able to make one legitimate move on another car the whole cup.
  • The car. It is so fragile. I would like to suggest that if cars with such short braking distances are used, driver latency be considered when determining split. Don't get me wrong, I loved being in split one, but with the short braking distances of these cars a couple of races were ruined due to latency. Like in Brno, braking for the first corner, I got contact from behind even though the driver behind me didn't feel contact. And that contact required a pitstop. And with the changing conditions you couldn't pit and not pit again... In short, I'm in South Africa, my ping to the server in Dublin (I think that is where it is hosted) or any part of Europe will never be better than 200ms, and in these cars it's a killer. Decided to start Spa from the back because of that. I'll look around, maybe I can get an ISP with pings of ~180ish to Europe, but I'm not hopeful. It's not such an issue with the slower cars.
  • A lot of the time I was driving alone. Think it is due to the car as well.
  • It's been mentioned, but sometimes the night's schedule wasn't really kept to.
  • The gap between quickest and slowest drivers.
Neutral:
  • Don't know what I was expecting, but it all felt very competitive and serious. Might have something to do with the car. I felt a bit intimidated.
  • Felt guilty knowing there are faster drivers than me in split 2. Maybe I took the time trials a bit seriously, but I thought that was the brief?
  • I'm not sure what I think of the two race format. Qualifying felt rushed. Also, with the races, especially sprint race being shortish, did that contribute to a couple of first lap incidents due to a bit of over-eagerness? Even though having an incident on the first lap would be tragic if there was only one race, I'd prefer that over shorter, more aggressive races. (This is my first cup and I can't compare the feeling with previous cups)
Which car would you like to drive for season 6?
  • Something slower and not dependent on downforce.
  • Something with lights for a night race. And brake lights.
  • I wish I could take part in the GTE championship.
  • The 2009 RENAULT MEGANE TROPHY V6 is fun and tough. Clio Cup is fun as well.
  • F488 Challenge cars? A nice big bunch of liveries.
How did you like the Team Championship and Cross Split Championship?
  • I honestly thought I was going to put more effort into the team thing than I did. Unfortunately the way things turned out meant I only practiced a bit at a time. Just planning practice sessions by myself proved difficult due to having to be available at home. Luckily my wife was okay with me racing on Monday evenings, but that was pushing it. Sorry to my teammate and Cross Split team. Hopefully next time will be better.
How did you like the schedule?
  • Mostly okay, although I prefer 1 race per evening, and I think it was one race too much.
Do you have any other general feedback?
  • Thank you for allowing those of us that are on other continents in developing countries to participate.
  • As my first cup, I found it very enjoyable. I also had nerves. Lots and lots of nerves.
  • Thanks again to the admins for organizing the cup, and hosting this community. And thanks to the community. This is an amazing place.

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
F488 Challenge cars? A nice big bunch of liveries.

Ooohh, I hadn't thought of those. THAT would be fun! Good call, @kobusnell.
I wonder if your car selection would have to be restricted to the region you live in? For example, I would have to choose a team/livery from North America since I live in the U.S.A.
Not from the game's perspective, of course, but for the purposes of the RSR Revolution Cup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread