PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - Split 1 - Round 3 - Spinning in Formation Lap (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighttiger

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 05-06-2017
Event: Revolution Cup Split 1 - R3: Zolder - 5th Jun 2017
Members Involved: @jamesl91
Description: Jamesl91 spun in the formation lap at the second chicane and proceeded to rejoin the pack and overtake other drivers, in a possible dangerous way close on the inside of a turn. Drivers might still be weaving and do not expect to get overtaken during a formation lap and thus it might result in contact possibly ruining someone elses race. Especially in these tricky condition one should refrain from unexpected actions.

The rules state:
  • If you spin during the warm up procedure you must wait off the track until the whole field has come through and rejoin at the back. You must not re-take your position in the pack.

Evidence:
From 17:48 till 18:07 you can see the spin and the rejoin.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
firstly, Sorry i misread the rules, i will go over them tomorrow. secondly, i didnt see anyone weaving infront of me and made sure i took my position as safely as possible. everyone was starting to get into 2x2 formation and there was enough space.

it wasnt intentional to break the rules as i am clean and fair in my racing, i just misread the rules, Sorry @t0daY and @Nighttiger

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Normally, this incident would result in a 10-place grid penalty, due to the seriousness of the offence but, due to unforeseen circumstances, the stewards were unable to complete their duties in time for the subsequent race. As such, only a warning will be issued at this time with a stern reminder not to repeat the same mistake.

As a reminder to all drivers, as per our Starting Procedure rules:

If you spin during the warm up procedure you must wait off the track until the whole field has come through and rejoin at the back. You must not re-take your position in the pack.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Nighttiger @jamesl91

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
no probs with it being public

Nighttiger

Reaction score
Steam
View
I have no problems with this thread going public. My reasons for starting this thread were not specifically pointed to James personally but were about creating awareness.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)