rFactor 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah i definitely need some help because i am kind of lost in all the settings and stuff xD
It got me nearly that crazy that i was already thinking of refunding it but if i would do that i would probably miss a lot of fun

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i also have the game now, i am thinking of joining you guys for the 12h of Spa, but i will need a lot of practice to get used to the game etc.

(I know im totally stupid for buying it now and not during the sale xD)

Make sure to write down your interest in the Spa Thread.

B

Blue Monkey

Yeah i definitely need some help because i am kind of lost in all the settings and stuff xD
It got me nearly that crazy that i was already thinking of refunding it but if i would do that i would probably miss a lot of fun
Don't worry, RSR rF2 staff will gladly help you :D

For a beginning you can check out the rFactor 2 - Setup Guide

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been seriously busy so not had much time to contribute. I see that some of you are still running DX9 as you can't use the very useful TrackMap and other screen overlays with DX11. In case any of you want to make the switch, I made the switch a while back and it was hard not having all the info on my screens, but there are a couple of apps that have helped, one is paid and the others are free/paid, but you will need an ipad/tablet and somewhere visible to place it.

Race Pad, RS Dash, Dash Panel

(Its not letting me post links, so you will have to google them)

I am sure some of you used that nice html screen overlay that Tony R help develop for Pcars, and can't help but to wonder if this could be adapted to work with rF2 o_O.

I also have a nice little basic car setup app for RF2 that used to be available from race2play and can share a link if anyone wants it.

Last edited:

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Real Life Poximity Radar

Well it's seems that some of the on screen overlays I really like in sim racing are actually been used in real racing by some teams. Pretty cool if you ask me and this system was in some of the cars at the Blancpain Spa 24hr race this weekend.

Also, I am a fan of GT3 and GTE races, both in RL and in the sim world and followed a little the 24hrs Spa this weekend. One of the things that I was curious about is how exactly they do the BOP for the cars and came across this article and actual BOP test results. The various cars in the rFactor 2 GT3 classes are pretty well balanced and all this stuff is pretty interesting imho

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/08/10/understanding-balance-of-performance.html

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/images/noticedocuments/BALANCE OF PERFORMANCE.pdf

Last edited:

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
It case any of the open wheel fans missed this pretty nice promo video for a new car mod now in open beta.

I am not a big open wheel fan myself, but just finished a mini GP3 series that was quite fun.

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-mclaren-650s-released-gt3-pack-confirmed.139039/

Studio 397 are releasing a GT3 DLC Pack with the 650S GT3 and 4 TBA GT3 cars in September.
The Pack costs around 15€ and there is immediate access to the McLaren since that one is used in the rFactor Qualifier for the McLaren Worlds Fastest Gamer Competition

I took it out for a spin last night and it's a pretty good feeling car. I am down in the low 2.02s so far with not much setup work, but I hear the aliens in the WFG competition and already in the low 1.59s, so far.

B

Blue Monkey

I took it out for a spin last night and it's a pretty good feeling car. I am down in the low 2.02s so far with not much setup work, but I hear the aliens in the WFG competition and already in the low 1.59s, so far.
Low 1:57s already ... probably going down into the 1:55s ....

B

Blue Monkey

https://www.studio-397.com/2017/08/roadmap-update-august-2017/

August roadmap is here, it seems like they are planning to drop the DX9 version at the end of the year, so let's hope they find a way to make plugins also work in DX11
There is no way to get DX9 plugins to work easily in DX11
You have to wait that they get updated by someone or that devs implement something directly into the game

One of the few working ingame atm is WedgeHUD, but thats cosmetic only
TrackMap Plugin won't be converted, Fazerbox himself said that

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Thx @Tech_G for adding some rFactor 2 plugins to the "Resources" section :)

No problem. I would say the Radar is a must have for DX9 users and is actually similar to the real life proximity radar I posted above. I switch to DX 11 a while back, so I am really missing all the screen overlays.

B

Blue Monkey

Here a good example what can happen just from a small-medium contact in VEC / VLMS or with other mods that have full damage:

Result: Slow inlap, pitstop, 140+sec repair time

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol, guess I will try again, but I always seem to be busy on the sign up days and so miss out!

Things are starting to get back to normal for me here, although very busy, and I manage to do a quick race with my other league on Sunday, so nice to be back in the driving seat :)

B

Blue Monkey

New Build
To support the GT3 pack we have also released updates for both the DX11 and DX9 builds. Note that the build number for multiplayer changed too, so you will have to update your dedicated servers!

Build Changelog:
  • Added: An extended visual damage model featuring a combination of dents, scratches and cracks on the bodywork of cars, which has been implemented on the GT3 pack.
  • Added: New window and headlight glass shader that produces more realistic reflections. All five GT3 cars use it.
  • Added: Controller Profiles for Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT Ferrari F1 Addon, TS-XW, TS-XW with Ferrari F1 Addon.
  • Added: Updates to the CPM model.
  • Fixed: Various small fixes to the no rain zone code that prevents rain from entering closed cockpits.
  • Fixed: All controller profiles default inputs are now assigned to JOY1.
  • Fixed: Bumped the rFactor 2 version for multiplayer compatibility to 1109 because of the new visual dents that required changes to the multiplayer protocol.
Source: https://www.studio-397.com/2017/10/gt3-power-pack-release/

• Please also check in Workshop > Your Files > Subscribes Items what you have subscribed, as it resubscribed everything for me, which greatly increased install size ...
  • Be also aware that not all servers have updated to 1109 as of now and are thereby not joinable
  • If you want to roll back: Steam > rFactor 2 > Properties > Betas >
    • DX9: "v1108 -"
    • DX11: "v1108-dx11-open-beta -"

B

Blue Monkey

@Everyone interested @Elodyr @Tech_G

Signup for Season 14 starts Wednesday, 25th October 2017 @ 18:00 UTC

If possible (I don't know how signup formular will look like), signup for the same class, so you can practice together and exchange setup. This time around there are 2 classes, which you have to drive 2 races with each:
  • ISI Nissan GT-R GT1
  • ISI Nissan 370Z GT4

Schedule:
1.11.2017 - Portimao
8.11.2017 - Estoril
15.11.2017 - Indianapolis
22.11.2017 - Suzuka

All infos can be found here: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/sign-up-season-14.4662/

I probably will help you with setting up your game, the car and generally provide you with tips and tricks :)

Your rF2 lead, Bluuuuuuue Monkeeeeeey

Last edited by a moderator:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just signed up to the website. Will try the cars later and see what they're like. So hopefully I can join you guys in the higher series soonish :)

Users who are viewing this thread