rFactor 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Laserscan quality is really good though, its super bumpy and nicely done :)
But tbh 6 would have been better

And atm it eats RAM like crazy. GTX 970 on high is too weak -.-

Oh wow, I hope I am fine with my 980ti. But still, 8,99 is too much for my taste :/

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Oh wow, I hope I am fine with my 980ti. But still, 8,99 is too much for my taste :/
If you want to drive in VEC / VLMS at Sebring, you have to buy it -.-
Sadly I don't think the price goes down like ever.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you want to drive in VEC / VLMS at Sebring, you have to buy it -.-
Sadly I don't think the price goes down like ever.

I will buy it obviously, but yeah. If they really go this pricing direction I can stay with iRacing to be honest^^

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Had anyone tried the new Sebring yet? I am still on the fence due to the costs.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
I tried it, I really like it, its very bumpy :) But as said before, I have like half the FPS than on other tracks, probably most down to this being a fully DX11 track, built for it, incl. laserscan. It loves to eat RAM aswell, mine was up to 10 GB.

I took a random video from Youtube for visuals (its night at the end):

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ofcourse Sebring is bumpy -insert comment on ww2 airfield-
It's about the quality of the track itself, details and accuracy of the kerbs, corners and for the visual details alongside the track.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ofcourse Sebring is bumpy -insert comment on ww2 airfield-

Same reason Snetterton final sector has a corner called "bomb hole" it was caused by a ww2 bomb

I have a gtx970 so might have to lower the graphics a little for that race

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Yammie916 Congrats on getting license 4 in the academy. Would you be so kind and share your setups? Escpecially the 370z is a pain to drive around the corners :dead:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Track is very nice. I would say quality and detail is up there with the very best in PC2 (ie Long Beach).

Also spent pennies on the Endurance pack and the Porsche feels really great on this track.

Is it worth the money.. well compared to PCars 2 value for money - absolutely not.

Taking money out of it - its a really great experience - so for me I begrudgingly will not refund but stick with it.

It really is nice but this is exactly what is needed in the base price to be a great advertisement to buy RF2 imo.

So much of the base stuff and mods just looks kinda pants ... this is much better but again still significantly lower visuals than PC2. The feel however of Sebring with the Porsche (all I have tried) is up with the absolute best experience in PC2 for me - some bits worse some better)...

Edit: LMP2 - Oreca feels great too :)

Last edited:

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
I was like some of you thinking the track price was too high, but I think we actually get 3 track layouts for this price, although I don't know if anyone will drive the other layouts. The Track day version runs much better on my 980 than the 12hr version, but both are manageable if you play with the settings a bit.

As SlowBloke mentioned, the combination of this track with the new S397 Endurance pack is just amazing, and if you do a day night transition, well…wow. I admit I am a rf2 fanboy, as I love the physics in this game, and this combo has now brought the immersion levels up there with the best of them, and for endurance racing I don't think you can beat this.

Just look at this real vs virtual side by side, blink or look away for a second and you can easily forget which is which.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was like some of you thinking the track price was too high, but I think we actually get 3 track layouts for this price, although I don't know if anyone will drive the other layouts. The Track day version runs much better on my 980 than the 12hr version, but both are manageable if you play with the settings a bit.

As SlowBloke mentioned, the combination of this track with the new S397 Endurance pack is just amazing, and if you do a day night transition, well…wow. I admit I am a rf2 fanboy, as I love the physics in this game, and this combo has now brought the immersion levels up there with the best of them, and for endurance racing I don't think you can beat this.

Just look at this real vs virtual side by side, blink or look away for a second and you can easily forget which is which.

in that video, which is the real track?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was like some of you thinking the track price was too high, but I think we actually get 3 track layouts for this price, although I don't know if anyone will drive the other layouts.

It is a FACT that the price is too high. This is almost iRacing level, way way way too expensive. But seems like this is the only way to keep games like rF2 or iRacing alive. Very high prices and "stupid" customers who are buying it...

And sorry to ruin this as well, but graphical wise rF2 looks still poor^^ Especially after I could try ACC this weekend with the Unreal Engine :)

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking forward to ACC. I agree the price is too high, btw. But this is one of the best car track combos I have driven, so from a pure sim racing perspective, for me this is the best I have experienced. So I maybe kinda stupid, but I am lucky that $10 is really not that much for the hours of enjoyment I will get ;).

Tech_G

Community Member
Reaction score
Especially after I could try ACC this weekend with the Unreal Engine :)

BTW are you allowed to say much about this? Is it just another pretty sim or do you think the driving experience will finally match the looks?'

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
BTW are you allowed to say much about this? Is it just another pretty sim or do you think the driving experience will finally match the looks?'

Another pretty sim :)

Blue Monkey

Reaction score

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
thankfully iv not had this issue.....yet

I think I have this issue all the time but i'm too old/lazy/stupid to leave the game, adjust stuff, go back to game every time i change car....

It's good they are working on it and I will be happy* when they get it fixed...

*I can't guarantee that...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tomorrow is registration for the licence right?

Users who are viewing this thread