Assetto Corsa Round 1: Okayama (1 Viewer)

Round 1: Okayama
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
All, is anyone else having trouble un-zipping the livery file with windows 10 zip.

I have got it to un-zip using 7zip which reports it as a RAR5 file.

Just letting people know I had issues if they are also experiencing problems (fully aware it might just be me :D)

See you on the track.

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's weird. 7zip says it's a rar5 file indeed. Though I could unzip it with 7zip. If I want to open it with Windows explorer (the file manager - I don't know what is it's english name), it shows an error.
Try rename it to .rar

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All, is anyone else having trouble un-zipping the livery file with windows 10 zip.

I have got it to un-zip using 7zip which reports it as a RAR5 file.

Just letting people know I had issues if they are also experiencing problems (fully aware it might just be me :D)

See you on the track.
It's weird. 7zip says it's a rar5 file indeed. Though I could unzip it with 7zip. If I want to open it with Windows explorer (the file manager - I don't know what is it's english name), it shows an error.
Try rename it to .rar
Very weird. We can repack the liveries after this round and try to fix it :)

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Unzipping with 7zip worked for me ;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Content manager is the magic word here!
Download, go to the downloads folder, pick the zip-File, put it onto the CM page, click install and you are done :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well......

So many people to thank for the great battles. Most fun I've had in a while on AC! Qualifying was really solid for me, P15 I think.

Race1:
Unfortunately I got hit twice into T1, the first was a nudge which upset the car a little, then I got hit hard in the rear and spun around. I thought that was it for race 1, but it turned out to be a great race. First with @Darksi and someone else, I'm not sure who. Great couple of laps. Got into some free air then chased after the next pack. Caught up and the for around 6-7 laps a great battle with @cheekymunkey78 @t0daY and @Dama_The_Crow. Really good respect between us all and some of the racing was so close. Finished up in P20 which wasn't too bad after my start.

Race2:
Started P20 and dropped a place after T2. Settle down for a few laps chasing @cheekymunkey78 and then defending from @Dangerous Gianetta and a few others. Think @Puffpirat made a brief appearance but passed me in a few laps and disappeared off into the distance. Then in the last few laps I got away from the group behind @cheekymunkey78 @Vernux and @Jamesl91 and then @Vernux I think got passed me with 3 corners to go. Got a really good drive out of the last corner and just got my place back before the line!

See you all at the next round

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm gonna retire from this season ppl. Sorry to everyone who i made contact with in race 2 most was my mistakes and lack of driving abilitys. Hopefully you guys will have a great season tho. Will be back for the next season tho :cool:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Got a really good drive out of the last corner and just got my place back before the line!

That was me. I passed you, but then messed up with gear shifts in the last corner and lost momentum. It was a close finish at least.

I'm gonna retire from this season ppl. Sorry to everyone who i made contact with in race 2 most was my mistakes and lack of driving abilitys. Hopefully you guys will have a great season tho. Will be back for the next season tho :cool:
And leave your team mate hanging? :)
I hope you reconsider after some sleep, one bad race means nothing.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was me. I passed you, but then messed up with gear shifts in the last corner and lost momentum. It was a close finish at least

Ah, sorry @Jomba Was very tight!

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
From my side it was a disapponting start on race 1 and 2. First Race, started 17 got hit before turn 1, dropped to 25, but after that it turned out to the most exciting race i have ever had. Managed to get back to 16 or 17 with a good battle with @Jomba in the final stages. Second Race, started 16 and was hit after Turn 3 when trying to avoid a Spun car. Tried to make another comeback, but after few laps battling with @Mr AlcoN (i believe ir was him) , made a mistake that ended my race.

Looking forward to the next one.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow fantastic Race 1 for Team Ostblock. I knew Jetpistols pace is creazy from training, but did not assume my pace would be that competitive. Super happy that we brought it home like that.

Race 2 very well done @Jeff[NL], great drive to P1, well deserved.
In the 2nd Race Jetpistol was back to bad luck but a great recovery run. I wasn't very happy with my driving, general pace was okay but to inconsistent and lost ground to Jeff and Mazy in the wrong moments. In the beginning of the race I had a great overtaking move on @David Siska I think, on the outside of the hairpin after the long straight, while passing Siska, lucky me could pass Vernux too.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Second Race, started 16 and was hit after Turn 3 when trying to avoid a Spun car.

That was me, sorry about that. I was right behind you and getting ready to hit the throttle out of the corner when suddenly you braked. Maybe a jedi could avoid that. :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I knew Jetpistols pace is creazy from training, but did not assume my pace would be that competitive.

Ohh so you guys are practicing...
Post automatically merged:

@t0daY could join but i'd need some help before the race (i'll be free around one hour before) to know what to do. Installed the game and everything this afternoon, had never played assetto corsa, so won't be fast, but did some laps, i'm safe.

How did your first race go? :)

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jeez, what a disastrous start for Red Zebra Racing :-(
In Qualy everything seemed alright with P2 and P6, even tough I wasn't able to get a clean lap, but nevermind.
But boy, Race 1 went terrible. Got a good start and overtook @Mazy CZ in T1/T2. But then @Alex Salmon spun and the nightmare begun. Settled in P4 just behind @miagi and @Jeff[NL] so everything could have been possible, but my PC/internet connection decided to die for a brief second and so I disconnected from the server with 10min to go... Rejoined but was a lap down, so P29 in the end.

Started in P29 into R2 and have to say, really enjoyed that one as I had a lot, I mean a lot of battling going on. Thanks to @t0daY and @Nada , don't know who else was involved because still driving without relative app :) the only thing I know is that @Noztra cracked under my 'pressure' :p shame, would have been another good battle, maybe with a small divebomb appearence as remind to older Ginetta/Okayama times :) hard, mostly fair, sometimes little bit rowdy battling, but everything went fine :)
Did not watch the replay yet, but sorry to the guy on my inside into T2. The car on the outside closed in very harsh before T2 and I paniced maybe little bit to much and went to much to the inside kerb and cut off your line. Sorry wasn't intentional :-/

Congrats to the podium finishers from both races, especially to @JetPistol who made us all looking like fkn Muppets who drive the first time :p

See you next week at that weird Nogaro thingy ;-)

Cheers,
Exited

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed last night's both races. Car is great for close racing and decision to go with 50% damage is totally fine.

First race I had great start, catch momentum just before "green, green, green" and "jumped" over 6-7 cars right away, but before first corner it was simply too much cars wide on track and I got hit by someone, who was hit from someone else and I finished off track.... I needed some time and few laps to catch rhythm and driver lines through some corners, and to minimize errors that I do during races, but fun started from about 3-4 laps from start. Constant battle was so much fun and joyful. I even fought with @t0daY (or I got better or you got worst in driving cars :p ) (sorry for spin in last corner, I touched end of curb with rear wheel and just snapped me sideways)

Second race was better for me. I was at my best for this track and kept consistency - mostly, although I had still some insecurity about which gear to take in some corners.

At the end I was 13th... few points for Hoonigan #2 team :)

Here is race 2 (I didn't installed liveries of opponents so every car was same xD)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did not watch the replay yet, but sorry to the guy on my inside into T2. The car on the outside closed in very harsh before T2 and I paniced maybe little bit to much and went to much to the inside kerb and cut off your line. Sorry wasn't intentional :-/

That was me. I was wondering what happened there.

Users who are viewing this thread