Assetto Corsa Round 1: Sebring International Raceway (1 Viewer)

Round 1: Sebring International Raceway
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
I deleted the old plp and installed the new one but get app dismissed constantly

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I deleted the old plp and installed the new one but get app dismissed constantly
Far as i can see you join with the correct version and i dont see any dismissed, normally when people dismiss it appears in the chat "app dismissed" or something like that

Hanpanczyk

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, my electricity was cut off, sorry.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guys, I'm sorry. I didn't have a chance to warn you that I would miss this race

Xaidenb29

Community Member
Reaction score
One to forget. 10 mins to go quicker than second and closing the gap to under 2 seconds and i tap the inside wall of turn 1 which for some reason blows my engine up? Anything we can do about this seems a bit stupid to lose an engine through tapping a wall not crashing into but tapping it. Oh well was a good race up till then I had great pace and should have came home with a good result. Onto the next one.

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
I have done soo many mistakes....2 times pitlane drive though penalty because i entered the pits too fast.
And on the first stop i put on soft tires :rolleyes:

But doesn´t matter, was fun till the end. Thanks everyone for that nice driving and careful overtaking.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
I have done soo many mistakes....2 times pitlane drive though penalty because i entered the pits too fast.
And on the first stop i put on soft tires :rolleyes:

But doesn´t matter, was fun till the end. Thanks everyone for that nice driving and careful overtaking.

We had a great battle for a long time:)

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Amazing Race, Really enjoyed it.

I didn't realise the tyres made such a difference on the GTE - 2 seconds between S and M. Wish I had gone for a 2 stop now. Was heart breaking to see the first 5 of the GTE disappear in to the sunset.

I had some great close battles, also it was amazing how much the dirty air affected my car.

4 Corvettes and 4 P1's all overtaking each other on the main straight and no contact was amazing and "interesting"
Untitled.png

Post automatically merged:

One point, at the start a couple of the GTE were in the wrong place, 1 on the wrong side and one staring in the wrong position (one place up from qualifying place). No major issue but something to bear in mind for future races.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One to forget. 10 mins to go quicker than second and closing the gap to under 2 seconds and i tap the inside wall of turn 1 which for some reason blows my engine up? Anything we can do about this seems a bit stupid to lose an engine through tapping a wall not crashing into but tapping it. Oh well was a good race up till then I had great pace and should have came home with a good result. Onto the next one.
Sadly no. The modder encrypted the files and even if you decrypt them via Content Manager they are still useless. I am fully with you but there is nothing we can do about it.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sadly no. The modder encrypted the files and even if you decrypt them via Content Manager they are still useless. I am fully with you but there is nothing we can do about it.
You coul have picked porsche 919, such a wonderful car :cool:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've never liked this track, so lapping off the pace by myself wasn't very fun. I didn't do enough practice beforehand, so I had little confidence in the car, and would lose it in odd places. I crashed at T1 atleast 3 times, and had more offs as the motivation dropped. At half distance I wasn't having fun at all, so I parked it. Nothing against the car or traffic, it's just this damn track. :banghead:

Road Atlanta on the other hand... :woot:

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting first round of the season. The tires were cold at the start, but the grip was consistent across the stint, unlike me :wtf:
Almost got @DannyvdMeer at the end, after 1h20 that was quite motivating despite the pain in the arms.

I gave it all, but the pace at the front is very strong, looking forward to the rest lf the season. :)

Xaidenb29

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh well it’s one of them things we’ve got to endure then. Hopefully in an update down the line they may fix them

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow what a first round!
This league could be an absolute banger, the competition and the pace in the GTE field was really tight and good!
Thanks for an awesome race @Jeff[NL] @DannyvdMeer @Def and @hinesy32 , really really enjoyed that one! Nice track, really good fighting, after 90min 0,5s between P1 and P2 and some really hairy moments in the traffic, which made the race in retrospective even more interesting!

Can't wait for Road Atlanta next week as I do really love this track and I suppose the Vette will be a perfect fit for it!

Cheers,
Exited

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still so annoyed at myself from last night. I just suck at sim racing.

Put some practice in for this track. Managed my best qualifying in a long time, P3. Although there was only 10 GTE cars. Had a good set-up with the car and felt comfortable in it. Decided to go for 2 stints on softs. Started quite well in the rolling start, swapped places a couple of times and then seemed like I had settled into 3rd. Coming into T1 got my turn in all wrong and hit the inside wall hard. Broken suspension. Steering gone, and limped back to the pits. Used the MFD and selected damage repair and fresh tyres. Or so I thought. Pit stop only changed tyres so had to go around again. I was now 2 laps down on everyone. Was so close to quitting but stayed in the race and pushed hard to the end. I unlapped myself a few times and with a bit of luck after 1 or 2 drop outs I think I finished in P6 in class. It's a real shame as I think I could have finished top 3. Well done to @Exited for a brilliant first race result and I'm really sorry for letting you down in round 1.

See you in Atlanta.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had an interesting race. Qualified 5th and had a good start. At the end of lap 2 I got 4th and was able to fight with @David Siska @Xaidenb29 and @t0daY (THANX!!!!!). Had an insane battle until about 30 minutes in the race where I spun the car in the last chicane as a Corvette was driving slowly on the apex. In hind sight I should've gone straight instead of trying to make the corner. One slight contact later and a misunderstanding between a Corvette and me on pit entry, I decided to pit. Got fuel and no tires and decided to came back in 1 lap later to add some more fuel and get fresh tires. At this moment I also had a drive through penalty for speeding in the pits, so I could finish my 3 pitstops in 3 consecutive laps record. In the end I finished 4th with 1 lap down. Overall I was happy with my speed until the first Corvette incident. I hope I can pick up this speed for next round.

Racing was clean and very nice. Lapping Corvettes was ok. However it would be better if GTE's kept their racing line. I still had a couple of moments where the GTE would come off the ideal line to give room (all good intentions), but almost resulted in scary moment.

All in all, a reasonable good result for me. However I'm not happy as with the speed I had I think I could've fought for the podium. But yeah, next week I can hopefully show that :-D

Anyway, see you all next week!

Btw @Battenberg can we have a look at our streaming settings? You streamed image looks more like a rectangular flat image, where as mine is more a curved image with a small radius?

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had an interesting race. Qualified 5th and had a good start. At the end of lap 2 I got 4th and was able to fight with @David Siska @Xaidenb29 and @t0daY (THANX!!!!!). Had an insane battle until about 30 minutes in the race where I spun the car in the last chicane as a Corvette was driving slowly on the apex. In hind sight I should've gone straight instead of trying to make the corner. One slight contact later and a misunderstanding between a Corvette and me on pit entry, I decided to pit. Got fuel and no tires and decided to came back in 1 lap later to add some more fuel and get fresh tires. A this moment I also had a drive through penalty for speeding in the pits, so I could finish my 3 pitstops in 3 consecutive laps record. In the end I finished 4th with 1 lap down. Overall I was happy with my speed until the first Corvette incident. I hope I can pick up this speed for next round.

Racing was clean and very nice. Lapping Corvettes was ok. However it would be better if GTE's kept their racing line. I still had a couple of moments where the GTE would come off the ideal line to give room (all good intentions), but almost resulted in scary moment.

All in all, a reasonable good result for me. However I'm not happy as with the speed I had I think I could've fought for the podium. But yeah, next week I can hopefully show that :-D

Anyway, see you all next week!
Loved our battle in the first 30 minutes. Was so good, thanks @David Siska @Xaidenb29 @MelBonkers :)

Users who are viewing this thread