Assetto Corsa Round 1: Spa-Francorchamps (2 Viewers)

Round 1: Spa-Francorchamps
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the races and battles tonight guys! Didn’t feel totally ready for tonight after the day I’ve had but it turned out as the best season opener I think I’ve ever had so I’m really chuffed there.

I got really lucky race 2 and managed not to get caught out in the reverse grid and stuck out of position but definitely expecting some more fights as the season goes on! Really looking forward to it!

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Engine fail 3 Engine Fail 3......stop the car ...stop the car....... :rolleyes::banghead:
You drove Reanult?? :) Unlucky man.

Well, I drove the car only on monday like 30mins for the first time and I was doing 2:08's and I saw people are doing 2:04 - 2:05's. So I was really not looking forward to the 1st race. But I had some time before the race so I practised and practised. The time went down and I was comfortable with the car/track and for a long time no ABS and TC. I tried both 16-16 deafult wings and then lower areo with 13-13 and the laptime was preety much the same but with higher DF I was really good in mid sector. But I stick with more DF.

I somehow put a banker lap which was P1 in 2:03.5's and I was not able to beat that and turned out nobody could but @Alex Salmon went 0,05's close with somebody in P3 with 0,09's off my pole lap. Wasn't expecting that to be honest but I thought it could be a good result then.

Race start was good but @Alex Salmon drove past me on the outside of La Source and was ahead into Eau Rogue. But with slipstream I got in front into Les Combes and was leading. But not for long. He took the P1 back on the Kemmel straight next lap and from there he kept his 0,5-1,5sec gap. I had @Diluvian behind also 0,5-1sec so we were basicly 3 fighting for the win. And it lasted the whole race. In the closing stages me and @Alex Salmon were side by side few times, always close but with space so no collisions happen but he held me off to finish P1 with me making mistake into Bus stop on the second to last lap but I held 2nd.

Race 2 was aslo full of action but I really should put the DF to less as I was sitting duck on straights even in slipstream and the extra DF in middle sector just held me on the gearboxes on other cars. So If I overtook somebody in corners, he was in front after the straight with slipstream. I had some nice battles and in the end ended up in 6th I think.

This car needs some practice to use the DF as it shuold because when I was doing 2:08's Ithought it is impossible to go faster as I am understeering in corners. Turend out I was going so slow that the DF would not be sufficient in corners so Ihad to close my eyes and go faster and faster, then the grip was there.

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really good season opener for Mad Bull Racing and myself and cool racing all around :)

@Diluvian and me did some practice over the week and we found a quite similiar good setup for both of us. Could already see in practice that the sessions during last week paid off as we around the front.

Qualy was alright for me. Bottled my last lap, which would have been another good improvement, in the Bus stop by locking up the brakes, so started in P5.

Race 1 was then rather boring for me. Overtook @LoenKilo at the start and followed the first three for some laps. Made a couple of tiny mistakes and so the gap increased to 2-3 secs. Couldn't decrease the gap as we were all at the same pace so I drove a rather lonely race to the end, but not without almost spinning at Bruxelles which almost lost me my P4 to @DannyvdMeer , stupid me...

Race 2 was a lot more eventful. Got an awesome start and already overtook somebody (no Delta app in VR) there. Don't know what really happened in Eau Rouge as P4 suddenly slowed down massively at the Entry and I just could avoid him on the outside... Whoever that was, Jesus that was scary and I don't know why you did slow down so much in an easy full flat corner...
Nevertheless, was in P4 at the Kemmel straight and in L2 I had a really good run out of Stavelot to challenge P3 but then I just touched the inside kerb and off I went :dead::dead: Got back rolling with red rear tyres and massibe front wing damage, but the car was still drivable and I was just down to P11 so I kept my head down and tried to make the best out of it...
Had good battles with @t0daY @Mazy CZ which made the race in the end very enjoyable! Great racing guys!

Really looking forward to Montreal as this is my biggest nightmare track, but I'm confident that I can do better with this awesome car! Pity that only 23 people showed up when we had more than 35 sign ups... Thats a shame!

Grats to @Alex Salmon . Really good performance yesterday, but the season is long and we will challenge you, I promise :p

Cheers guys and see you all next week,
Exited

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This car needs some practice to use the DF as it shuold because when I was doing 2:08's Ithought it is impossible to go faster as I am understeering in corners

Not that I need an excuse, but this was losing me time then. I ran with the setup from @Alex Salmon which had minimum DF and I felt the car understeered in the corners. I got into the 2:06's on some laps, but I should have tried it with more DF to see what I could achieve. Unfortunately I didn't have any time before last night to do any testing.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks to all who administered and participated.
Thanks @Alex Salmon for the setup
Oh what fun was had, doing ok in race 1 running in P12 then dropped to P17 and stayed there for a while until L12 at full speed on the Kemmel Straight then got distracted downshift at topspeed wrecked engine.Doh!! o_O Finishing 22nd.
Race 2 started last (22) jumped the lights drive through, good racing got up to P16 on L10 finished in that position. Really enjoyed the racing looking forward to next race.:oops:

Still looking for a teammate.:stig:

Last edited:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't know what really happened in Eau Rouge as P4 suddenly slowed down massively at the Entry and I just could avoid him on the outside...

On the run down to eau rouge, dannyv was trying to pass me on the left. As we were gonna turn in, he had half of his car on my side and was not looking like backing out. I slowed down and let him through to avoid an accident (i doubt we would make it out of eau rouge side by side).
Sorry about the guys behind, but luckily everyone had quick reactions and we didn't crash.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On the run down to eau rouge, dannyv was trying to pass me on the left. As we were gonna turn in, he had half of his car on my side and was not looking like backing out. I slowed down and let him through to avoid an accident (i doubt we would make it out of eau rouge side by side).
Sorry about the guys behind, but luckily everyone had quick reactions and we didn't crash.

Yeah that was spooky, see 1:07:15 below.

Here's my video & timestamps:

17:14 - Qualy 'hot' lap. Scruffy 1st and 3rd sector, good for P15.
26:20 - Race 1 start & first lap. A close call at Radillon, but I survived and picked up some places. Up to P12, later P11.
28:20 - Massive rubberbanding when following @Nada, I pass on the outside at the Dutchstop for P10. Now onto chasing down @Jomba.
33:03 - Freebie! Up to P9.
41:46 - Slipstreaming up to P8. Clean laps to the end.
1:07:15 - Race 2 start. Unintentionally brake checked at the bottom of Eau Rouge :O Luckily no harm done to me or the guys behind. Holding P3, lots of quick guys behind! @Vernux @Exited
1:11:56 - Down to P4. I was hoping @Alex Salmon would slow the two ahead down, but all 3 pulled away fairly quickly.
1:19:12 - @Puffpirat gets by, Down to P5. In the thick of a very quick gaggle of cars. In order to defend I had to attack at the bus stop, and locked up just tagging @Diluvian slightly. Cars behind tangling gave me a bit of breathing room again. Down to P6.
1:21:21 - Another freebie! Up to P5.
1:24:00 - @t0daY spins off ahead, we get into a little scrap. Up to P4.
1:26:43 - Back down to P5.
1:28:50 - Down to P6.
1:30:35 - Trying to hold off @Mazy CZ, down to P7 at les Combes. Now pushing to slow down Diluvian's fightback.
1:38:20 - The pressure got too much as I hit a curb and spun. Down to P10. Cruising to the end.

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
After a decent qualifying and a solid drive to p9 in race 1, things for me in race 2 really took the turn for the worse.
I don't know if it was the pressure of starting in p2, the tiredness, the heat or something else, but my concentration went down the drain. I was all over the place and in p20 after 2 laps. Then tried to push a bit, but only spun a few times more. Eventually i retired after 13 minutes in after another spin. :/

I hope i didn't ruin anybody's race after i tangled with someone in the chican in lap 1 or 2. Will review the replay tomorrow and report if neccessary.

Other than that I found the car really unexciting to drive and hard to race against others.

Sorry to hear about that Jomba, hopefully you can enjoy the next races a bit more, the force is strong with you in this one...

From my side, the start of the first race was hilarious, I had a good start but crashed with someone stopped in the middle of the track in Eau Rouge, my car flew off nose down sky high, in VR felt like a kick in the nuts, but on the other hand I got a nice view of the track and looked down on you all HA HA HA...

Luckily AC didn't wait for me to hit the ground and appeared magically in the pits, this was the first time it happened to me, so I didn't know if magic was allowed, I composed myself and saw somebody else appear in the pits and exit so I followed suit.

My pace wasn't great but I managed 17th which wasn't too bad, didn't get to overtake a lot of people, mostly freebies, but it was a good practice, since I didn't have much time to practice before.

The second race was a lot of fun, starting 15th for some reason, in the first lap I was 11th and keeping the guys behind at bay, I was happy but looking at my mirrors too much and made a few mistakes that got me spinning and losing quite a few places, then I started overtaking people with similar pace and had a great time! i ended 15th I think, which was disappointing but nevertheless, without using magic or practising I went to bed satisfied.

Looking forward to the next one!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It started fun and ended in the garage

Qualifying
As with most AC races i have started last on purpose so decided to sit in the garage.

Race 1
Having started last, i made my way through the first corner picking off 2 cars, i headed towards Eau Rouge with yellow flags knowing i needed to be careful, thankfully i managed to make my way through safely and gained a tonne of positions. The highlight of this race was the battle with @The Wayfaerer, we were nose to tail for lap after lap, with 1 of us getting the advantage and the other attacking the next lap. Wayfaerer overtook on the inside to Turn 1 which allowed me to go a bit deeper into the corner to get a better run out of the corner, i managed to get along side Wayfaerer before Eau Rouge which then lead to the decision of "Brake or Not Brake", but since i trust wayfaerers driving i decided to try around the outside and full throtle we went. It made his line through the corner, tighter meaning i could overtake down the Kemmel straight.

Race 2
Race 2 started off fairly similar to Race 1. Wayfaerer and i found ourselves on track battling again, this was breif sadly as i spun at the busstop and lost loads of time. I was chasing down the car infront when i was caught off guard by a defensive move and ended up in the wall. that was the end of a tricky race 2.

On to Montreal now.

Users who are viewing this thread