Assetto Corsa Round 2: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Alex Salmon was behind and just before the hairpun he just overtook me. Not cool man. Why do you have to do this? This behaviour just pisses me off.
Look man I apologised and tried talk to you after quali, It wasn’t malicious i didn’t realise you were building a gap you moved right as if to let me past. From my experience of this track people usually make space before the last chicane so it was just a misunderstanding.
Tbh it happens sometimes, don’t think it ruined your quali. I just don’t understand why you have to paint me out like a dickhead for a misunderstanding on the public thread instead of just pulling me aside after the race and having a chat. To me that’s less cool...
Both of you please stop sh!t happens, in the future dont bring this kind of stuff to public threads use our temspeak/discord or DMs
thanks

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
Ha, yes, we were both unfortunate at times. Still, we were close for many laps which was good and I think we were a similar pace.

Indeed! in the second one i closed the gap from around 10 seconds to 3 something, and then made another mistake... pushing too hard... with 3 minutes remaning, It was nice!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, was not looking to racing yesterday as I was constantly in the wall :D

Qualy went ok again, still, I put the car into the wall like 54 times in qualy only but I dodn't break into 24's and ended up in 3rd with 25's. Still, could be much worse.
What I didn't like was that I was 2nd on the track behind a car. in sector 2 I started to give myself a bit of a gap. @Alex Salmon was behind and just before the hairpun he just overtook me. Not cool man. Why do you have to do this? This behaviour just pisses me off.

Race 1 was a bit boring, I had good start and had a run on @Exited but no overtook happened and I stayed in 3rd. and from then stayed 3rd until the finish line so a bit boring. But at least I did the whole 25mins without crashing and kitting the walls :D

Race 2 was the other way round sadly. Started 7th, in T2 I think @Exited appeared to my outside and I just felt contact and then I saw him going on the grass on the outside. @Alex Salmon did as he does in every race and he got himself up the field again. I was battling with cars around and managed to get myself into P4. During that I had goot battle with @Battenberg going side by side through entry, midcorner and exit of the last chicane without contact. Respect.
I had then good pace and was catching somebody but going int T1 I braked as usual and that was too lat and I plowed into his back :dead:. Really sorry about that. I waited for him to rejoin but he kindly told me to continue so I was a car in front of him. I arrived to @Battenberg again and we had good fight once again.I had a bit of a clear air and I put 2 purple laps catching @Jeff[NL] until I lost it into the T3/4 complex.Down to 8th and again met @Battenberg. Nice battle again but then he plowed into me into T3 and we both lost some places. When rejoined, I found myself again in 8th which I finish. So ups and downs but good racing and good battles.

Rant begins:
What I also noticed was people just chickened out of the racing at the last hour. I just don't believe that so many people have to work until night and they get the notice 5 mins before leaving. But whatever. On TS there was someone who joined for chat and somebody asked "Are you racing tonight? His reply was "Nah, i didn't do any practice as I couldn't be bothered to do some so I'm not racing" .... nice respect to all organizators. I had have to spend some time with extending all tracks to accomodate 32 cars and then find out that only 19 people of all 40 sign ups are racing. I don't care, I can race with only 5 people with similar pace as I have and still have the best time of racing, sometimes you only need 1 car around you to have fun, but still, shame on you who just didn't bother to race. People who really couldn't attend is obviously no problem.
Rant over.
Look man I apologised and tried talk to you after quali, It wasn’t malicious i didn’t realise you were building a gap you moved right as if to let me past. From my experience of this track people usually make space before the last chicane so it was just a misunderstanding.
Tbh it happens sometimes, don’t think it ruined your quali. I just don’t understand why you have to paint me out like a dickhead for a misunderstanding on the public thread instead of just pulling me aside after the race and having a chat. To me that’s less cool...
Lets leave it there :)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Nah I don't want to argue here, Im not that kind of person. But I wanted to say it out loud. It didn't ruin my qualy lap as I built a gap again but it just frustrates me. No harm feelings.

I wasnt present during break after qualy and race so sorry not to hear you out @Alex Salmon

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did anyone get any stuttering last night? I didn't have any FPS issues at all, but when I was around the pit straight, including wall of champions chicane, and T1/T2, I was getting some stuttering, nowhere else on the circuit.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get any stuttering last night? I didn't have any FPS issues at all, but when I was around the pit straight, including wall of champions chicane, and T1/T2, I was getting some stuttering, nowhere else on the circuit.
nothing here

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Having some fun with the replay and photoshop :)
Evo Can 1.jpg
Evo Can 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread