Assetto Corsa Round 2: Salzburgring (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Salzburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Why not just add some liters at mandatory pitstop?
Thats not the point mate - I gues I recently read that the staff want's to ensure you can make the race withut adding fuel

But maybe I am wrong on this

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats not the point mate - I gues I recently read that the staff want's to ensure you can make the race withut adding fuel

But maybe I am wrong on this
Yes the fuel consumption has been reduced to make a 1st lap pit stop possible.

Since you have to do at least one lap before you can pit, you will have enough space in the tank to refill it to the brim and make it to the end. There, it's possible on one tank :)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes the fuel consumption has been reduced to make a 1st lap pit stop possible.

Since you have to do at least one lap before you can pit, you will have enough space in the tank to refill it to the brim and make it to the end. There, it's possible on one tank :)
hmm, not sure about that - if I calculated correctly, the BMW needs almost 130 liters for this race (calculated with 2.8 liters per lap @ 57 mins). So if I start the race with a full tank (118 liters) and go to the pits after the 1st lap I should still have around 115 liters left. This mean a delta of 15 liters and I still can't make it when I add it to the brim.

In other words: Since I strongly believe some people need to pit right after the turn 1 (very narrow chicane!) due to some damage, those people are forced to pit a second time and are somehow having a "second" disadvantage then...? Or do I get something completly wrong? o_O

Or has it just been reduced again, from 150% to xxx% ?

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hmm, not sure about that - if I calculated correctly, the BMW needs almost 130 liters for this race (calculated with 2.8 liters per lap @ 57 mins). So if I start the race with a full tank (118 liters) and go to the pits after the 1st lap I should still have around 115 liters left. This mean a delta of 15 liters and I still can't make it when I add it to the brim.

In other words: Since I strongly belive some peaople need to pit right after the turn 1 (very narrow chicane) due to some damage, those people are forced to pit a second time and are somehow having a "second" disadvantage then...? Or do I get something completly wrong? o_O

We are sticking to 150%. Not keen to change it for every race.

Pro tip: Do not crash in turn 1 ;)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know - not my intention to make it more complex as it already is ;)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score

In other words: Since I strongly belive some peaople need to pit right after the turn 1 (very narrow chicane) due to some damage, those people are forced to pit a second time and are somehow having a "second" disadvantage then...? Or do I get something completly wrong? o_O

You still have to pit to change tires, so do a splash a dash while they are changing tires. :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Very nice conclusion Manu gave in few posts above. Don't chrash in turn 1.

At Salzburgring track, first chicane looks to me as a traffic light with red light ON for first lap after start. It will be massive "traffic jam" so I advise to go in 1st gear everyone. :)

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
If i can make a suggestion the weather is wayy to dark for my eyes i don't know if other people are experiencing the same thing but it's pretty hard to locate the corners and maybe that can be eyes tiring for a 55min race.

If every race of the calendar can be clear weather that would be great imo. :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Two things regarding Salzburgring.

Turn 1 can be a big cluster f*ck i people aren't careful. Especially in the first couple of the laps, where everyone is driving close. There is an "escape road" people can take in case of emergency.

Second thing is at the first chicane (Turn 1). You can cut the bollard on the left, but not the tires. They are solid objects. Just because you can cut it, doesn't mean you should cut it. :)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi!
I found a very good AI for Salzburgring if you want to practice offline. The default is terrible.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/salzburgring-ai.21373/

This is my assists preset for Content Manager. If you already installed the browser extension, it'll automatically loaded when you click on the link.
On this page you'll get a direct download link to download manually:
https://acstuff.ru/s/mYH7

TC: ON
ABS: ON
Fuel consumption: 1.5x
Damage: 75%
Tyre wear: 1.75x
Tyre blankets: ON

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Genuine curious question:

Why is TC and ABS options for driver aids but Auto Clutch is not?

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Because TC and ABS are car "features", but auto clutch is a game setting to help gamers without clutch pedal?

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Because TC and ABS are car "features", but auto clutch is a game setting to help gamers without clutch pedal?

So what about the people racing here that do not have a clutch pedal? aren't they at a disadvantage?

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what about the people racing here that do not have a clutch pedal? aren't they at a disadvantage?

At the start and pitstop maybe i dont know never driven without a clutch pedal. I dont use the clutch during racing ......i am not skilled for heel and toe :bucktooth:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
At the start and pitstop maybe i dont know never driven without a clutch pedal. I dont use the clutch during racing ......i am not skilled for heel and toe :bucktooth:

WOW! you are that quick and stable without dropping the clutch under braking, I'm loosing over a second and have serious stability issues. Respect.

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, going to resign from the league, must be a problem with my PC as I can seem to get the same performance in VR as others. Good luck for the rest of the season. :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
WOW! you are that quick and stable without dropping the clutch under braking, I'm loosing over a second and have serious stability issues. Respect.
Well i think its a setting you need to do in AC it has zero to do with my skills i think , i always been driving like this got no problems ... You know you can adjust down shift blip and autoclutch right ?
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately, going to resign from the league, must be a problem with my PC as I can seem to get the same performance in VR as others. Good luck for the rest of the season. :)

So what are you going to do now then ? Dont you think it can be fixed ?

Last edited:

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Can i ask for the third time: are we racing at 14h? because in middle of the race luminosity falls.
And the server is set to 16h.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread