Assetto Corsa Round 3 - Lime Rock (1 Viewer)

Round 3 - Lime Rock
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Extrovert

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't think I'll make it tonight so please offer out my spot too, cheers

Bailey8443261

Community Member
Reaction score
My sign up post isn't verified yet does this mean i cant be a reserve for tonight?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
My sign up post isn't verified yet does this mean i cant be a reserve for tonight?
Hello,
you're racing tonight
make sure you install car/tracks and skins

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score

Hi mate.

You Can race tonight. You Will just be In a default livery.

Remember to install tracks, cars, helicorsa. :)

If you need Any help Ill be on ts soon.

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Cant make this one I'm afraid :(

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I love this track!

I was quick today, my fastest was 50.393 and was averaging mid to high 50's

1st Race P24 - GAME CRASHED* 4 times - I was gutted because I was 9th at the time :( - had to keep starting in 24th every time.

2nd Race P12 - This is where it was all happening for me. I am not used to being quick on a race day so was always gaining on someone starting from P22 but I got involved in 3 racing incidents (no one to blame, was very good racing) so I am learning about when to attack and when to sit back. Great race and shout out to @Ricardo Macieira @Noztra @Nada @Dangerous Gianetta @Jeff[NL] and others I may have forgot - Great close racing from all. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one.

See you all next race :)

*Some info for all - the reason for my game crashes seems to be loading the game from contents manager - 2nd race loaded through AC and all was well also had no stutters when loading from AC in 2nd race. I used content manager all time loading to testing without issues so not sure why today it happened but if some of you are getting crashes this may be the reason.

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
Not my favourite track. Did not manage to replicate my practise pace during the race (mid 51). That made the race much hard.

Race 1 - Pretty good battle with @David Siska for a couple of laps. A shame you waited for me to repass you again after turn 1. It wasn't your fault that i went wide, it was @Corentin_Bergès who bumped into me.

Race 2 - Started to get faster and faster until i collided with elissimo on lap 14. Don't really know whos fault was (maybe racing incident). Dropped to the back and got bum passed again in turn1 by @DannyvdMeer on lap 20. After that i managed to finish the race to get some points.

Glad this one is finished. Looking foward to the next one.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow. The track layout on paper looks dull and not interesting. But boy oh boy, it was quite a challenge to go round quickly and consistently. One hit of some kerb in odd angle and you are dead.

As I thought the race was last tuesday I did a bit of a practice and was surpriced there is no official server up. So i loaded the chicane version only to find out there is no race that week. So yesterday I at least knew the track and no chicane version was just one difference. Turned out, I got my second lap and was 2nd behind @JetPistol time. I thought that this is the start of the session surely. But it looked like I was on pace straight away. I felt comfortable so was curious if I will survive the race itself.

Qualy:
went well, was P3 which is maybe better than P2 at the start as you have inside into T1 so was habby but still I pushed to be even faster. I remember I was sitting in 5th and then put a lap faster by 0,05sec and hopped up to P2. Then @Puffpirat was faster in P2 and @JetPistol on pole

Race 1:
The call was surpricing for most but it was as was said before the race. The last guy calls that all cars are on the main straight and then @JetPistol could call green which happened quite unexpectidly but it was his call so I had no problems. (maybe that my reactions were OK and I passed @Puffpirat :)). Was trying to hold on @JetPistol but had @Puffpirat pressuring me. This meant I was looking in my mirrors more than where I was going so @JetPistol could make a gap. One moment was some backmarker that didn't want to let me by and after the Jump corner I went to the inside in the moment he wanted to let me by. I needed to brake, @Puffpirat took the normal line and overtook me but only to find out that the backmarker then moved to the middle to give me space. I think no contact was made but I managed to reatke the P2 from @Puffpirat . Then @Puffpirat either made a mistake or was hit by a backmarker so I was 5sec behind @JetPistol and had simmilar gap to @Puffpirat so I pushed. I got 3 warnings which Im not proud of but from there I was really stressed so I was a bit slower in last few laps but brought the P2 home.

Race 2:
Started from P9 I had simmilar getaway but there was no place to go yolo into T1. @JetPistol was following me and stayed back aswell but @Puffpirat bit his way through the field quite quickly and was gone. Me and @JetPistol were stuck behing @miagi after some laps and there was no place to overtake as he defended very well and I had @JetPistol right behind me so we all had to be careful. I think one moment there were 3 cars out of the last turn and they got side by side and there was still a gap which I took but saw that gap closing rapidly. I hit the brakes, but unfortunatelly @miagi and the other car squeezed my front end of the car and the car on my left spun or had a problem. It wasn't too clever for me to go there but it happened.
Then I waited for @miagi to line him up after the last corner and try to pass him into T1. It took 3 or 4 attempts as he took the inside and I tried to hold on the outside but it didn't work so on another occasion I had good exit out of last corner and he had worse so I overtook him. @JetPistol followed soon and basicly we finished 3rd and 4th.

Really enjoyed yesterday and I was glad I didn't crash massively and the care behaved very nicely.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So that was a really good fun interesting intense crazy race. :) Really enjoyed it and you had to concentrate 100% all the time, so you didn't make any mistakes.

Qualify: Did a pretty decent lap on my last try which gave me P12 only 0.700 secs from pole.

Race 1: Was very cautious into T1. Maybe a bit to cautious since I got passed by 2-3 cars, but at least I survived. Strugled a bit with pace in the start, but managed to find my rhythm. Had some very good battles with a bunch of people including @Alex Salmon, @Battenberg, @Dangerous Gianetta. Ended up P9 with @Corentin_Bergès chasing me down. One more lap and he would have got me. :)

Race 2: Started P2 due to the reverse grid. Got jumped by @Alex Salmon in the start and on the 2-3 lap I made mistake going over the jump which made me spin. Luckily nobody hit me or get affected by it. Was down to P15, but fought my way back again with some crazy good battles with @cheekymunkey78, @Dangerous Gianetta, @MATT1 and @Nada. Think I finished P9 again, so very good results. :)

Really enjoyed this track and the battles I had. :)

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@cheekymunkey78 did you finish race 1 and in what place? Because atm I have you as DNF.

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
1st race I finished last, game crashed with 1 lap to go so it reset me to the back.
2nd race I believe I finished 12th just behind NADA.

Ok, so you finished race 1? Just gonna make sure you got points and its not a DNF.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, so you finished race 1? Just gonna make sure you got points and its not a DNF.
Thanks, I did cross the line but because of 4 game crashes I kept getting reset but I wanted to make sure I got points so I kept going.

I did about 30 laps in total between crashes.

Last edited:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I did cross the line but because of 4 game crashes I kept getting reset but I wanted to make sure I got points so I kept going.

I did about 30 laps in total between crashes.
Here was the series of events from race 1 for me. (Numbers are estimates)
Started the race.
P9 after 8 laps - game crashed
Restarted
Left the pits
P22 after another 15 laps - game crashed
Restarted
Game crashed
Restarted
Left the pits
P22 after another 6 laps - game crashed
Restarted (using AC loader this time not CM)
Left the pits
P24 after another 2 laps
Race finished and I crossed the line in 24th

Started race 2 in 22nd position

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not really sure what I should think about yesterday. Had intense fights in both races and this circuit was the perfect example of 'easy to learn, extremely hard to master'! But at the same time I'm little bit disappointed, made a mistake in both races which costed me valuable seconds and same people took some very strange decision's imo which affected my races.

Qualy went good, set my personal best for this Track and wasn't too unhappy about P4. Lost a place at the start to @DannyvdMeer as he had better reaction time. Battled almost the whole race with him, with some at the limit rubbing and then lost it in the first corner complex which let @miagi pass me. We three battled until the end, good fun and I came home in P5.

2nd race was a little bit more hectic. Once again battled with @DannyvdMeer through the first corners until he knocked me a little bit of the road in T3 even though I gave as much room as I could. On lap 3 or 4 I was about to pass @Corentin_Bergès and we went side by side through the last corner which compromised both of our exits. @miagi and @Mazy CZ tried to go through in the middle as I went to the outer right side and made it literally 4 wide which was of course doomed to fail and it did. @miagi and @Mazy CZ came a little bit together which caused @Corentin_Bergès to crash and fall through the map... Imo not the smartest move from you @Mazy CZ because it was obvious that a 4 wide there will end up in a disaster for at least one of us...
But not enough, the next lap I defended from Mazy on the finish straight and saw @Corentin_Bergès exiting the pits. I thought that it is pretty obvious that the front runners are approaching and expected him to get out of the way or slot in in the free space behind @JetPistol who was following @Mazy CZ . So I looked into my rear view mirror again to see where @Mazy CZ is and a milli second later I see that @Corentin_Bergès is not waiting and drives just into my racing line into T1. I have to release the brakes and steer to the left to not him, which causes me to almost run onto the grass and loose the position to @Mazy CZ
Look mate, I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but I'm saying that what you did was not the smartest move. You race was (sadly, but not my fault at all) literally over, so what's the point of not loosing those 2 seconds and wait until me, @Mazy CZ and @JetPistol are through? Imo that move did not make any sense because you would have instantly get blue flags and would have to let us past, so why not wait at the pit exit and then try to follow us, because your speed wasn't bad at all. In that way you wouldn't had interrupt my race and still had the best chances to get back to the end of the field by just following our 3 car train... But instead you made me compromise my line into T1, causing me to loose 1 position, then don't slow down, Mazy literally needs to overtake you into T2, I follow Mazy, you still don't really slow down on the outside in T2, I'm getting to your left side at the end of T2 and think you are letting me through into T3 and take the normal racing line and you nudge me off... Yes I could have left more room, but I really did not expect you to race me into T3. I just think you weren't really aware of the situation you are in because in the following lap you are again trying to fight me through the last two corners and back only off when I said something in TS...

Man, too much text!
Congrats to the winners, especially my team mate @Alex Salmon who took the first win home for Zebra Racing :) Good Job!

See you all next week!

Cheers,
Exited

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah that 4 wide was a stupid one but I saw 2 cars going right and the other was well on the line on the left side of track and as I had plenty of speed I tucked my nose in the gap and realizing it is not a good idea so I braked but the gap already closed. The track was wide enough but it happened.

Regarding our battle and the pit exit..yeah it was a bummer. I went to inside just seeing somebody exiting pits. I though oou, not good. I had to brake and followed him and thought @Exited has free space. But it was a bit of a chaos as @Corentin_Bergès didn't let me by normally so I had to overtake him into T3 on the outside and sadly @Exited was hit.

I had simmilar experience with other backmarkers but mostly all of you got me and other drivers past preety nicely. Even if you are on lead lap, sometimes you have to think and not expect than backmarker will let you by immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread