Assetto Corsa Round 3 - Lime Rock (1 Viewer)

Round 3 - Lime Rock
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race night .Race one qualified p14 , good start made up places p7/8 then got harpooned by @cheekymunkey78 car as he disconnects .Rage quit which I shouldn't have done sorry . played rf2 .

And then playing rF2 instead of racing race 2? Oh steve...

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
That was some gritty racing last night, I loved it. I had a couple of set backs, but had a lot of fun coming back through the field and pushing every single lap. Thanks to the guys I was around, namely @Noztra, @Dangerous Gianetta, @Exited, @Alex Salmon, @Nada, @DannyvdMeer, @David Siska, @Jeff[NL] and @Corentin_Bergès for the fights.

Apologies again to @Corentin_Bergès who I knocked in T1, lap 2, race 1, and anyone behind who got caught up in the aftermath - I committed to a gap that shrunk and didn't react enough. I should have gone tighter initially, maybe we both would have survived, I feel like I made a bad situation much worse for those behind. Also special mention to the lapped traffic: this track was brutal for lapping, so don't feel too bad about 'getting in the way', I can appreciate how hard it was to give way around here. Anyway, here's my video, with timestamps:

15:00 - Qualy lap, good for P6. (Thanks for the tow @Ricardo Macieira!)
28:45 - Race 1 start. Down to P8.
29:55 - Accident on 2nd lap. Cars off up ahead, I had already committed to a gap that got smaller and smaller. I should have gone tighter :( Down to P11.
30:55 - @cheekymunkey78 goes into hyperspace (game crash) and harpoons poor @steveg200. Up to P9
32:25 - I catch a recovering @Darksi at the wrong place and wrong time. Spooky.
35:55 - Pass @Nada for P8. Some odd rubberbanding slipstreaming.
38:35 - Battle with @Dangerous Gianetta for P7.
40:23 - A little slide attacking DG opens the door for @Alex Salmon, who yeets it up the inside. Equally annoyed and impressed! Stay in P8. Next 18 minutes are spent pushing hard to keep up with Alex.
58:18 - Final lap, where we both catch @Mr AlcoN in an unfortunate place. I might have gained a place in a glorious Hakkinen/Zonta/Schumacher style move, but I had to break at a shrinking gap because I'm a cautious good boy. Finish P8.
1:07:50 - Race 2 start, from P3, soon in P4...
1:08:55 - ...but not for long. Up to P3.
1:09:44 - Up to P2, @Corentin_Bergès morphs into @DannyvdMeer on my left side.
1:11:45 - I get biffed off track. Down to P10. Danny waited so nfa.
1:13:10 - Cow on cow action with my team mate @David Siska. Complimentary speed boost from behind at the corner. Up to P8.
1:13:40 - The track ahead gets busy.
1:14:48 - Another battle with Dangerous Gianetta, up to P7.
1:15:33 - Code brown!
1:18:10 - Freebie, up to P6.
1:20:25 - Another freebie. Up to P5. Rest of the race spent pushing to keep @Jeff[NL] out of reach.
1:38:20 - 'Attempting' to 'drift' with Si.

100% my fault there, don't blaim yourself ;) If only i hadn't had this bad lag at the worse moment (@cheekymunkey78 thx for the tip about Content Manager, this could explain the few lags (like 2 or three but very bad) i experimented during he race.
Post automatically merged:

I'm honestly quite tired with the accusations that keeps comming here about this "bad pit exit" so here is the video of the complete lapping moments.

A few notes :
- First when exiting pits you go so slow and so many people are comming that you CAN'T KNOW WHERE THERE IS A GAP : relative time box is too little, map doesn't show that far.
- Then when i could have noticed, i had no eyes for the map because they were cars everywhere around
- @Exited took himself out alone by closing the door into me in T1 (was already in the inside and respected white line pit exit) and T3 (i mean i had let @Mazy CZ by already, and was crusing maybe half throttle to facilitate the over take, i wasn't going to "disappear by magic")
- There's no rule that says you have to go to the grass to let people by.
- There's no rule that says you have to wait into the pits (and i'd have just ended in another group of people).

Apologies to @David Siska , omg i dunno what i've done there but it was bad :yuck:
@JetPistol sorry for the side by side, you were way slower than i expected into that corner ;):(

Watch the video till the end before judging me. I know i've had hard words with some here, but if you're unhappy with something then open a steward case. I'm not going to be happy with public shaming without any proof of objective material, just based on feelings. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
But not enough, the next lap I defended from Mazy on the finish straight and saw @Corentin_Bergès exiting the pits. I thought that it is pretty obvious that the front runners are approaching and expected him to get out of the way or slot in in the free space behind @JetPistol who was following @Mazy CZ . So I looked into my rear view mirror again to see where @Mazy CZ is and a milli second later I see that @Corentin_Bergès is not waiting and drives just into my racing line into T1. I have to release the brakes and steer to the left to not him, which causes me to almost run onto the grass and loose the position to @Mazy CZ
Look mate, I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but I'm saying that what you did was not the smartest move. You race was (sadly, but not my fault at all) literally over, so what's the point of not loosing those 2 seconds and wait until me, @Mazy CZ and @JetPistol are through? Imo that move did not make any sense because you would have instantly get blue flags and would have to let us past, so why not wait at the pit exit and then try to follow us, because your speed wasn't bad at all. In that way you wouldn't had interrupt my race and still had the best chances to get back to the end of the field by just following our 3 car train... But instead you made me compromise my line into T1, causing me to loose 1 position, then don't slow down, Mazy literally needs to overtake you into T2, I follow Mazy, you still don't really slow down on the outside in T2, I'm getting to your left side at the end of T2 and think you are letting me through into T3 and take the normal racing line and you nudge me off... Yes I could have left more room, but I really did not expect you to race me into T3. I just think you weren't really aware of the situation you are in because in the following lap you are again trying to fight me through the last two corners and back only off when I said something in TS...

But it was a bit of a chaos as @Corentin_Bergès didn't let me by normally so I had to overtake him into T3 on the outside and sadly @Exited was hit.

Ok, the words are exagerated but this added to the argument after the race on TS + hot blood :jimlad:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, the words are exagerated but this added to the argument after the race on TS + hot blood :jimlad:
That is far away from public shaming. Everyone is writing his race report, his view. Really no need to get into an argument here :)

We all calm down a little bit.. I heard it was a really nice race, gutted I had to miss this one...

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well...after seeing that video uhm.... just a question @Corentin_Bergès . Why are you racing to guys when you have blue flags ? Or am i seeing it wrong ? They overtake you and you still keep pushing so they cant take normal lines.

Users who are viewing this thread