Assetto Corsa Round 3: Road America (1 Viewer)

Round 3: Road America
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am also afraid I can not race tonight. Still struggling with my stomach, can't sit longer than 30 minutes in my rig :/

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I am also afraid I can not race tonight. Still struggling with my stomach, can't sit longer than 30 minutes in my rig :/
Get well soon

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to cancel as well. Need to pick up my nephew's bike at the sport facilities later this evening. He broke his arm and had to leave his bike there :(

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for quitting, big Crash at fast corner - stupid moment..

Also driving without my Rift is not the same :rolleyes: Ones you drive with it, you will never want to step back to screen.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Forgot to change tyres at pit plus got drive through for pit speeding, decided to retire

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Doubly disappointed tonight. First of all, I drove like a moron. After some close times in qualifying, I took myself out of contention by:
  • Spinning in the early laps by myself, unforced error. Flat spotting tyres horribly in the process.
  • Pitting to change tyres, getting a drive-through penalty for speeding.
  • Crashing by myself, while pushing to get my lap back. Another unforced error. Damaged suspension and bodywork.
  • Brushing a barrier end in the wrong way, resulting in my car glitching out and spinning across the track really fast. The engine blew up when I eventually hit a wall.
  • Sat in the pits for 20 mins, waiting for repairs/controls to become unlocked.
  • Spinning again on my first laps out the pits, having 0 confidence in the car anymore.
  • Retired for good, as I felt like a danger to the GT cars who were actually fighting for something.
So I'm very sorry to Puffy and David for dropping out, I can't imagine a class of 2 was any fun at all.

I'm also very disappointed that out of 30 people in the sign up who didn't say they couldn't make it, only 14 guys actually turned up. This sort of no show rate is very frustrating for us who take the time out to plan, organise, run and take part in these events; and makes it increasingly difficult to justify to continue running them going forwards.

Thank you to those who did take part, I'm sorry that the grid was smaller than what the championship had originally suggested.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Here's the solution for future races :D

race.jpg

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Really not happy, only 13 of 30+ people showed up, it really takes out the motivation and I couldn't take this race seriously after T1 anymore.

Someone just turned into me at T1, despite me clearly alongside, nearly causing a major collision. So I decided to have some fun and try a 0 stop strategy and made it :) (had 1 lap of fuel left, about 2.8l, average fuel consumption was 2.56 l / lap compared to ~3.05 l / lap without saving)

But honestly thinking about quitting this series, it is just no fun to have 2 LMPs and 7 GTEs running at the end of the race ...

Last edited:

Aggelos Iliakis

Community Member
Reaction score
The race from my perspective was one of the best i have ever done concerning my drive. I was as consisten as i could and fast (for my liking :p). The lack of people made so that the LMP1's had all the time in the world to overtake wich meant that no accidents came from that. Aside from 2 accidents i had with blue monkey which one was completely my mistake and the other was just a racing one everything was clean. At the last minutes me and blue monkey had a great back and forth despite him being on a 0 stop strategy and me having just 35min old tires!! Looking forward to the next race and i hope we will have a larger grid! Cheers all!

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying driving the car.

I am enjoying the multi-class.

But I have just spent over 65 minutes not racing anyone. After the first 15 minutes (which was awesome with the top 5 GTE's within 6 seconds) I only saw 1 GTE Car and with so few P1 cars I must have only saw about 10 cars in total (the same 2 multiple times).

I was about 1-2 seconds slower than what I could have done as I kept thinking about other things as nothing was going on (and I don't want to think about work when I am racing).

I actually drove off the track at one point as I forgot I was racing and where I was on the track. :(

Hope things improve and thanks to all that raced and a big thanks to the organisers (your efforts are always appreciated).

See you next race.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Who were those 2 maldonado gte who spun in fron of me at that blin turn 6 causing me a heart attack?

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
I echo the same as the others, we where racing with around 12 people while around 30 signed up? Its just dissapointing and boring.

My race started quite ok, i had a good battle with @cheekymunkey78 but spun stupidly in the last sector. But ok no problem its a long race and i tryed to catch up again and it was back in the rythm again until i ran wide at the last corner and it gave me a drive through penalty although i had 0 warnings.. ok i take the penalty and try to close the 30 second gap to the guy infront and was gaining until my screenfroze at the quick righthander after caroussel and i crashed hard. I then parked it in the pit as i don't want to cause an accident if my screen freezes again. I dont know how to fix it either.. i just hope next week we have more drivers, i feel even more for the prototype guys running with the 3 of them..

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Was surprisingly fun and close for Road America, didn't expect that. Most of the time we were within 4-5 seconds so every grave mistake meant falling back to 4th.

In the second half of the race I had a constant battle with @DannyvdMeer, being most of the time in the role of the chaser! He didn't crack or made any grave mistakes. Once or twice it looked like he would lose the rear in Canada Corner, but never in a way that made it possible to get a good pass.

There was also one moment where I almost drove into him on the braking line to corner 5 after the long second straight. He braked way earlier then I expected and I a little to late and it almost ended up in a disaster. But besides that it was really clean and intense battle all around.

Shoutouts to SRS (SimRacingSystem) for preparing me perfectly in the offweek, they currently have a GT4 Cayman Clubsport series and in that week they were also driving on Road America, so that certainly helped my pace. Also if you can hang in the midfield in these races with an incident average of only 1.7, I'd go out on a limb and say that I'm not complete dogshit at Simracing. :p

I agree with @Battenberg, that the participation for that big of a sign up is kinda disappointing, I mean technically the only reason the title still has the OTL tag in it is because I'm the only OTL driver who regularly shows up to these events! Don't know what that's all about... :joyful:

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome qualy: check
Awesome race start: check
Good battling in first have of the race: check
Driving alone for the whole 2nd stint: check
Running onto the grass with 10min left: check o_O
Spinning in the following gravel trap because of too much throttle: check :dead:
Loosing a safe P2 because of that: check :jawdrop:

Still angry about that rookie mistake I made... Nevertheless first stint was quite enjoyable and intense because a lot of GTEs were really close to each other, good battling!

Nothing to say about that insane amount of not announced no-shows. This is just blatantly disrespectful to @Ricardo Macieira and @Battenberg who invest a lot of their free time setting up those leagues and races!
Tbh I would give everyone one warning for a no-show and at the 2nd not announced no-show in one league you are on the blacklist and are not allowed to sign any future leagues on this website. I would rather race with 15-20 people of which I know they atleast do intend to start and finish the league instead of 30-35 people and the half doesn't even show up for one race in the whole season... Just disappointing!

Congrats to @Puffpirat and @Jeff[NL] , superb pace and drives!

See you next week, hopefully with highe4 attendence!

Cheers,
Exited

Users who are viewing this thread