Assetto Corsa Round 4: Hungaroring (1 Viewer)

Round 4: Hungaroring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, February 4, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, February 4, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
That was you, excellent :). Those lapped cars battling for position got my heart racing and you closing the gap and getting right behind me, It was so much fun. Looking forward to battling with you in the future.

Absolutely! So much fun!
I was scraping tenths of a second each lap, your pace was very similar, it would have been close had not had that problem with the oculus... :-(

See you in the next one! I've got you in my sights...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
P1 & P4 for Team Ostblock :D
Also best undercut since Vettels haircut early 2018.
From P9 undercut on Jeff, Mazy & t0day and also overtook excited and Alex for some reason.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Night of missed chances and corners for me :rolleyes:

Was super happy with my qualy lap and P2 with only 1 tenth down to @JetPistol was more than awesome!

Race start was alright, even tough @Alex Salmon passed me. Into 2nd corner it got quite close between @JetPistol and @Alex Salmon and I thought they gonna do a Poznan again and so I almost snitched through on the inside :) followed Alex in the first lap just to bin it in T6 in L2 and going down to P4. Followed Vernux through my whole first stint and felt still pretty confident on the worn tires when he went to the pits so I kept going. Would have been a mighty overcut but I totally ruined my race by speeding into the pit lane because I forgot to practice the entry :-(
Car felt superb on the fresh tires so I banged in 3 really fast laps to create some gap and went into the pits again for the drive through. Did still not know where the line is so I was idling around to not get another penalty :)
Came out in P7 again and pushed really hard because @miagi , @t0daY and @Alex Salmon were in sight. Caught them pretty fast but I was so shit out of the last corner that I had no chance to start an overtake. Alex and Manu came together and I was lucky to snitch P6 and 3 laps before the end Manu made a mistake out of the last corner which gave me P5. Miagi on the other hand didn't do me the favor of a mistake and is in general a hard dog (as you would say in german :) ) to overtake so I came home in P5.

Not to happy with my driving and the result. Could have been another victory or a nice P2 and some points gained to @Puffpirat , but so I even lost couple of points to him :-/

Really looking forward to Norisring next week, this will be badass!

Cheers,
Exited

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So not a night to write home about. :p

Can't really get a grip with these cars and I really hate Hungaroring (Even though I picked it. :p)

Qualify: Bottled my lap, by braking to late into the slow chicane and made a big cut, so had to return to the pit and started almost last.

Race: Pretty bad. :p Got a decent start and passed some people. Went side by side with @Daz Oz in the first couple of corners, but great respect and no coming together. :) Couldn't really keep pace with the cars in front of me, so I was driving pretty much by my self until I made a mistake and @Daz Oz passed me. Was up to P12 due to other people pitting, but made another mistake and hit the wall, so I pitted and fixed the car. Came out around P19 behind @The Wayfaerer and @Ulti. Caught up to them when @Ulti made a mistake and passed him. Then I made a mistake and spun the car, which unfortunately sent the car across the track into @Ulti path and pretty much killed his car. :/ After that I had red front end and decided not to pit even though I lost time every lap. @Pwox was chasing me down, but in the end I managed to snatch up P15, which isn't bad considering the race.

Congratulations to top 3. :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well what an experience this was.

My first ever race in AC on a track I had to learn a couple of days before. With not much practice and no time to fine-tune the car, I knew my best lap times would settle around 1:41. So I knew I would start somewhere at the back of the field, but as I am just a reserve, I couldn't care less. Gaining track time and experience was the sole purpose here :)
It was a bit odd, that my qualy lap was called off with an off-track, because I really cannot remember at which point, and PLP also didn't show anything. At the very same time a faster car popped up behind me, and I wanted to let him overtake, so lap aborted.

In the race itself the endurance experience paid off: Take it easy - Try to stay consistent - Don't force yourself into errors. Seemed to work OK-ish as I didn't have any major incident (just a little spin in L1, and a little bump with a car coming my way in a crash situation), and with other people dropping back in the field or retiring, I gained 9 positions. Poor @Battenberg had some moments and had to pass me twice, where I wasn't making it easy for him on the second run - thx for the fun!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I will never again drive a race without practice before.

I was not in the mood to drive at all due to illness that I had last 20 days in my house (kids, me, wife...............), but didn't want to miss one more race.

All my practice was in practice time before the qually.

Somebody called me for something over TS after qually didn't get why (@t0daY ), but that all goes to my totally lack of focus.

Car was all over the place. Rear in every corner wanted to slide.... Last month or so I was driving iRacing and RRE, and when I got back to Assetto Cosrsa last night just could't feel FFB. I think that my ffb settings for AC are garbage.

I just hope that I didn't ruin anybody's race.

First time in my RSR carrier that I puled out of race.

I will finish this league, and try to focus on two last races to practice and i will think about continue racing in future leagues. I just don't have time for all obligations in the day and to be racing and practicing for this kind and level of competition that you people are.

@Nada sorry mate for not having good enough partner on team, that you and your deserve.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow you were called off as you had an off track or cut-track during your hot lap (even PLP showed it). You were supposed to abort the lap and go back to pits.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow you were called off as you had an off track or cut-track during your hot lap (even PLP showed it). You were supposed to abort the lap and go back to pits.

I thought that it was it (I just couldn't hear anything) but my PLP didn't show anything on my screen (?). Maybe it was not working because in last minute before the race I installed new version and maybe it needs to be turned on ingame (?).
Still I don't know where I cut track...

Nevermind....

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

We are looking into that in our Orange Zone Investigation. No need to talk further about it here :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will never again drive a race without practice before.

I was not in the mood to drive at all due to illness that I had last 20 days in my house (kids, me, wife...............), but didn't want to miss one more race.

All my practice was in practice time before the qually.

Somebody called me for something over TS after qually didn't get why (@t0daY ), but that all goes to my totally lack of focus.

Car was all over the place. Rear in every corner wanted to slide.... Last month or so I was driving iRacing and RRE, and when I got back to Assetto Cosrsa last night just could't feel FFB. I think that my ffb settings for AC are garbage.

I just hope that I didn't ruin anybody's race.

First time in my RSR carrier that I puled out of race.

I will finish this league, and try to focus on two last races to practice and i will think about continue racing in future leagues. I just don't have time for all obligations in the day and to be racing and practicing for this kind and level of competition that you people are.

@Nada sorry mate for not having good enough partner on team, that you and your deserve.
I have the same wheel as you, if you wanna try my FFB settings just send a PM and I will do some screenshots for you :)

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say hats off to @The Wayfaerer for our battle. I literally had sweat droplets running down my face:oops: Never seen someone defend like that. every split second was so much fun for the 5-10 laps that we battled:p Got unlucky in the end, but thats part of racing... Might not see you guys next week as Nationals are also on Monday nights

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to the RSR staff for this championship, very freindly and professionnal, it's important to highlight it!

My performances last night was as good as my love for this track, so pretty bad.. Can't find any pleasure on the Hungaroring whatever cars i drive, even tho i find some pace at the last laps..

Qualy wasn't too bad, shame i choosed the wrong finale gear mode i lost about 0.4 by keeping this setup.. but still decent quali P12.

Race was a mess, could"nt handle the pressure on a track i hate so much i didn't practice as much as i should. Lost a couple positions, had a drive throught penalty for speeding (im pretty sure i entered below 80km/h i have to do some tests next time. It's the second time i have one of these when i was pretty certain i did not speed, weird.) And i had a crash 10 laps before the end with a red front bumber..

So, despite this track i had my best result so far this season!
DNF, then P18, P17 and now P16!
Let's target P15 next time!

Also sorry for my mate @Snouffy, he had an issue with himself called "ragequit". So i ignore him until he admit this was a dumb thing to do. He's doing this championship just for fun, i don't get why people left because they are not on a place they think they deserve (yes i rage quited in first round because i struggled with the drive through penalty and got 2 of them, now no more excuses).

So see tou next round guys, very fair race aswell from my perspective! Thanks!

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Hope you all had a fun race yesterday! :)

What a shity race that was for me. Never really had any previous success on Hungaroring and the layout just dosent seem to suit me for some reson.
Also got bumped into right on the first lap so got a lot of areo damage first to the rear then later on lap to the front by a stationary car on the last corner.
Even though we have orange zones during first lap people are still quite aggresive. Got bumped into during the first lap when entering the chicane, both @The Wayfaerer and @angel_manroy where trying a bit over aggresive moves which caused me to spin and loose many positions. When drivers are being extra careful infront of oneself it is very annoying when the behind cars are trying to take advantage from this when majority of the pack just tries to get going and avoid first lap carnage. I had to be careful cuz the car infront of me are being careful but drivers behind arent careful and push you off, which understandably sucks.
Well i can only hope this will be detected during orange zone investigation. @t0daY
With a broken car the race turned out more to try rescue as many points as possible.

Better luck next round.

Here is my complete race

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Will write some short review of my monday race.

Quali went preety ok starting from 8th.
Start was good and I hold my position on the inside. All was good in front of the grid and I think I gained 2 places to @miagi and somebody else. My pace wasn't as good as front runners so I got pressure from @miagi. I think we had nice battling going into the fast lefthander but i was on the inside and @miagi on my outside and he decided to try it there but went wide and lost to @Jeff[NL] . Then had jeff breathing on my neck and after few laps he overtook me into the fast lefthander. @Puffpirat was behing @Jeff[NL] and when I dediced not to challenge @Jeff[NL] on the outside, Puffy took the risk and shot his canr just behing @Jeff[NL] and he was lucky I yelded on the last second as I really didn't expected that.So 2 places lost in one corner. So I went to pits and my pitbox was just milimeters after the entry limit. I practised the entry but for some reason I concentrated more on my position of my pitbox rather than speed and I got DT damn. I rejoined close to @Jeff[NL] again but after one lap I served my DT and was down to 11th and preety much alone until the end. But I gained some places and finished 8th overall so not as bad of a result as I didn't feel as comfortable in the car as in previous races.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great event again, after a bit of a (for me) lackluster Tor Poznan. Quali was okay-ish even though my first sector was horrible. My start was bad and lost a position to Diluvian. A chain reaction in T3 gave me aero damage and I lost my momentum and got swarmed by Manu, Mazy, Miagi and Jeff.

Down to P9, the first stint from there on was damage limitation. I was lacking a bit of top speed and couldn't challenge anyone. Therefore I had to take what was given to me. First @miagi had a small off track then:
@Puffpirat was behing @Jeff[NL] and when I dediced not to challenge @Jeff[NL] on the outside, Puffy took the risk and shot his canr just behing @Jeff[NL] and he was lucky I yelded on the last second as I really didn't expected that.
Mazy by not challenging Jeff around the outside you lost all your momentum, which gave me the choice to go down the inside of T4 or slam the brakes. Trust me I was more surprised by the move than you. Fair play for not throwing the door shut, but the moment I went for it, it was wide open. And I had so much over speed compared to you, it was the only logical choice. For you that was just as unfortunate as my lap 1 T3.

From there Jeff and me could drive away and close the gaps to the cars ahead. Jeff was slightly quicker but a battle with Manu meant I could catch again and eventually gain a position on my nice team mate :) Few laps later Jeff pitted and with the first time in the race having clean air I was suddenly driving half a second per lap quicker and decided to stay out till the tank was empty. That was a golden decision as I found myself in P3 after the round of pit stops (and drive through penalties) was done. I was gaining marginally on @Vernux but couldn't quite close in on him. Great gap battle there :)

All in all pretty stoked with a podium after that first lap made me fear the worst.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what were the endresults btw ? Probably this was for me end of chance on the championship. I had a bad pitstop losing valuable seconds because someone in front of me (blue flag) was driving like a grandma in pit bad after that the game crashed so its no point making a big deal about it but next time please use mirrors etc .

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking also for some nice settijg
So what were the endresults btw ? Probably this was for me end of chance on the championship. I had a bad pitstop losing valuable seconds because someone in front of me (blue flag) was driving like a grandma in pit bad after that the game crashed so its no point making a big deal about it but next time please use mirrors etc .

Resutls will be done tonight. Was yesterday the whole evening busy to finish the orange zone investigations :arghh:

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This was a pretty good race for me. Day itself was pretty bad cuz i got sick and was tempted to not do the race, but with painkillers i was able to do it.
Did 30min practice before the race (yes this is my homerace but i never drive on it before).
Q: P4 Wasnt really happy with the lap. Was way too carefull not to go off track, but P4 onoly 5 tenths behind @JetPistol is good i think.

R: Start was good. Managed to keep 4th place. In turn 3 @JetPistol braked which suprised me and didnt expect him to do that. Even tho i braked i still hit him sadly. Sadly cuz of that @Diluvian and @Puffpirat almost crashed behind us. Sorry about that guys. After that @Exited were attacking me almost every lap but he couldnt overtake me. @Alex Salmon and @Exited got a drive through so i took P2. @Puffpirat was catching me 1 sec /lap so i needed to step up my game. The fact that i had roughly 10-15 l fuel more than i needed didnt make things easier :p But with 1.3 sec gap i managed to get P2 on my home GP. @Puffpirat that gap battle was amazing. See you guys on the next race.

Users who are viewing this thread