Assetto Corsa Round 4: Magny Cours (1 Viewer)

Round 4: Magny Cours
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 18:00
Until: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
R4 - magny-cours.png

Car: Formula RSS3
Track: Magny Cours
Setup: Semi-Locked
Livery Pack: Click here

Date: Tuesday, 10th September 2019
17:55 UTC - Server Reboot
18:00 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:00 UTC - Qualifying
19:15 UTC - Race 1
19:45 UTC - Race 2 (Reversed Grid Top 10)

GeneralRestrictions
Damage: 75%Tire Blankets: Yes
Tyre Wear: 100%ABS: Off
Fuel Rate: 100%Traction Control: Off
Flags & Penalties: Pitlane Penalty AppStability Control: No
Jump Start: Drive Through PenaltyAuto Clutch: No

EventConditions
Practice: 30 minsWeather: Light Clouds
Qualifying: 15 minsStarting Time: 10:00
Race 1: 30 minTrack Grip: Dynamic
Race 2: 30 minWind: Random

magny-cours.png

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Server Info
Name: revolutionsimracing.com
Password: rsr2019

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not available for this. Pity, would love to race here.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m expecting this track to be the most difficult of the season so far. Using the kerbs through the chicanes is kinda needed here and the game seems to struggle with kerbs

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Just so you know all of you I have to quit league racing for a while as I have some back problems which I need to sort out. I hope I will be back for some ACC racing with you guys in near future, but I guess not this calendar year as I think fixing some back pain problems will take some time and exercises.

I wish you all good and fun racing.

See you

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Just so you know all of you I have to quit league racing for a while as I have some back problems which I need to sort out. I hope I will be back for some ACC racing with you guys in near future, but I guess not this calendar year as I think fixing some back pain problems will take some time and exercises.

See you
You will me missed on track mate. Esp. in wet ACC Nürburgring Races ;)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

See you
I wish you a fast recovery mate!

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is a mega combo, tricky to string a good lap together, let alone a stint :eek:. Here's my wip setup if anyone wants a look.
Yeah really difficult combo, but a very very fun combo. Banging especially through the first chicane is just awesome and is so nerve wrecking because things get really tight at the exit all the time :)

Really nice track choice, brings back some good old F1 memories :) FFB gets a little bit weird and shaky at low speeds at my side, but I think I can fix that by not going slow :p

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm sat here at my desk blankly staring at some documents daydreaming about driving around there o_O

I love that first chicane, I can get through there with just a tiny lift (after some confidence building laps), not tried it with low fuel yet, so it's maybe flat during qualy? The second quick chicane is the one that gave me (and @Alex Salmon :p) a lot of grief, but I found avoiding touching the first curb too much and downshifting early to 4th helped settle the car a bit, resulting in a higher chance of coming out the end facing the right way.

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say i cannot continue. I regret this becuase I locked a place from someone that would be able to race. My internet dont seem to continuos for a long enough time and I have a hard time focusing on the racing when uni-work is all the time.

I would like to resign from the championship.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Those 2 races were so intense, that was absolutely crazy. Thx to all guys for that memorable racing. There were so much guys close together, driving for the win, that was so intense that I wasn't able to keep up the concentration in race 2 and lost my flow after 10minutes or so. Really, guys, that was awesome.

I propably did the huge mistake raising the tyre pressures some tiks to reduce the temperatures during the race and it felt great but wasn't really fast as I recognized in Race 2.

Again: Huge fun today!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY @Ricardo Macieira In race 2 I ended up in the gravel on the outside of turn 1. This was on lap 3 I think (after making a f*#k up in my first 2 laps from P2), but I stopped in the gravel and the game immediately put me into the pits. I waited for everyone behind me to pass and then rejoined the race. I'm not sure if I have done the right thing?? If I'm in the wrong, I'll take last place or whatever I deserve.

Race 2 was just a joke for me. I just make stupid mistakes. I selected neutral at the hairpin and lost first, then going into the really tricky chicane near the end (not before the start) I lost it and went on the gravel on the right and car just jumped everywhere. Down to the back of the pack and then off into the gravel and back to the pits.

Congrats to the winners and podiums

See you at the next one.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a mixed feeling night.

Qualifying went ok, taking into account i did minimum practice, so did race one. Stayed out of trouble and finished P10.

Great, so I got a pole for race 2! ... Only that my rift went black 1 minute before the race. :( I quickly decide to jump the start (having my rift partly on to keep the look straight and looking at the monitor) and drive to the side of the track - not to be in the way of the entire grid.

Quit the game, close the oculus app, restart oculus app - works now. So I get back into the race, because I really wanted to drive (love Magny Cours and tonight was one of the rare evenings the kids went ot bed early and I actually had the time), start from the pits, and bring it home in P16, trying to keep as far away from the pack as possible.

All in all, a decent result for me, considering I sat in my rig in a really long time (since round 1). Life was (still is) really busy with two small children. Hopefully things will get better in the winter months (and they actually go to sleep on time :)).

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY @Ricardo Macieira In race 2 I ended up in the gravel on the outside of turn 1. This was on lap 3 I think (after making a f*#k up in my first 2 laps from P2), but I stopped in the gravel and the game immediately put me into the pits. I waited for everyone behind me to pass and then rejoined the race. I'm not sure if I have done the right thing?? If I'm in the wrong, I'll take last place or whatever I deserve.
All good :)

LoenKilo

Community Member
Reaction score
ahhh, what a bad day for me. So many mistakes in two races. I'm disappointed. Didn't have much time to practice this track and that's why today I'm drive so badly. Anyway, thanks everyone and see you next time.

Congrats Alex and all in podium!

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the 2nd race, was just awesome, close and intense racing where everybody went for the gap when somebody did the slightest mistake! Just awesome guys and thanks for that @Alex Salmon @The Wayfaerer @t0daY @Puffpirat @Diluvian @Jeff[NL] and @DannyvdMeer

On the other hand I threw away again two good race results by making just a tiny tiny mistakes in just the wrong places, which really pisses me off and I'm again disappointed by my driving :(

But bring on the next race!

See you all in two weeks!
Cheers,
Exited

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yet another night of 2 halves for me (as ever it seems). I didn't stream this race, as I'm in the middle of optimizing a new windows install for racing (so far so good btw, need to change audio device but it's looking very promising for a mostly consistent 90 fps with supersampling :cool:). I felt happy with my prep going into the evening, having spent some time on Monday getting up to speed. A tyre pressure change late on in practice threw me a curveball, but after softening the suspension all round by 1 click the car's feel came back, with the added benefit of tyres that wouldn't melt after 3 corners - so thanks again @Alex Salmon for your help with that!

I couldn't get my potential best out of the car in qualifying, but I don't think I could have started much higher up anyway. A slightly slow start put me in the middle of 3 heading to turn 1, very spooky. I'm not sure what happened but the car to my right ended up in the gravel without any contact - I'm sure it'll come up in the orange zone, so we'll see what happens. Most of the race was spent trying to keep up with the pack ahead, and moving up the order from other people's misfortune. Once I was ahead of @Diluvian in the closing stages, I felt the pressure but thankfully didn't make any mistakes. @Exited's off in the final laps gifted me third place, but I felt I earned it through consistency and keeping quicker guys out of reach, so I'm very happy with how race 1 went.

Race 2 however didn't go to plan. It started off pretty much the same as race 2, with 3 wide approaching T1 after a tardy start. Me @Puffpirat and @Alex Salmon again came together in a 3 wide sandwich exiting the hairpin, I don't know how we all survived that, would love to see the replay on that move. Once I had settled down, I again tried to stay in touch with the leading pack, but made too many small errors along the way, and fell back to an eventual 10th place. A bit frustrating considering how well race 1 went, and how amazing the battles up ahead sounded, but at least I kept some points trickling in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread