Assetto Corsa Round 4: Watkins Glen International (1 Viewer)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I want to apologize to @Havocc @Daniel H and @Jeff[NL] .
I didn't expect the moves that the GTEs made. I watched the replay and can't decide on the situation.
I'm sorry, if it was my fault.
Only car contact i had was when i got hit in the back exiting outer loop, other than that i don't remember anything else...

First race in pimax 5k+, wide fov is absolutely great especially when battling, gotta work on performances as fps were capped at 45 (dunno if steamvr frame smoothing is supposed to work like that), during pit i removed my vr but the sweat went on lenses so for about 2 laps it looked like i was driving underwater :banghead:, overall a good race on a track i like with some good battling.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun guys. I enjoyed every second of this race. I had a decent qualy in p11 but when i pressed race with 30 seconds to go i saw i got DSC, got back in and joined at the back. Had some good battles on the way and until my pitstop i was quite consistent. After pitting i got a little bit inconsistent and i got some damage after running wide at the last corner. In the end i was catching @hinesy32 for p3 with @Nolitnax close behind when my screen froze... lost a place and we had a great 3 way battle to the end. @Nolitnax went wide on the last lap wich gifted me p7, couldn't get @hinesy32 anymore but im quite happy with this race:)

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun guys. I enjoyed every second of this race. I had a decent qualy in p11 but when i pressed race with 30 seconds to go i saw i got DSC, got back in and joined at the back. Had some good battles on the way and until my pitstop i was quite consistent. After pitting i got a little bit inconsistent and i got some damage after running wide at the last corner. In the end i was catching @hinesy32 for p3 with @Nolitnax close behind when my screen froze... lost a place and we had a great 3 way battle to the end. @Nolitnax went wide on the last lap wich gifted me p7, couldn't get @hinesy32 anymore but im quite happy with this race:)
Yeah I kinda screwed up the busstop chicane at the end because of my "tunnelvision", I knew I either take @hinesy32 out or I just bin it for good, so I just had to let it go.
Had 4/4 warnings and in the race itself I almost killed @hinesy32 two times so I definitely wanted to avoid that.
In hindsight it would've been smarter to try another spot but all in all for not having much practice it was a good race for me. ;)
Drivethrough penalty was unnecessary though... :p

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a tense few laps! Thanks for the great race. I had bad front damage with lots of understeer in the last 20 minutes so was really struggling.

Will put a better report up tomorrow.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was close!
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_lilski_watkins_glen_18-3-120-23-39-34.jpg

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, seems like I was the only one with a pretty chilled race :oops:
My driving was also not too good, spun two times into T1, but it seems like I should be happy that I wasn't involved in any crashes :D
Absolutely loved pushing the Vette around this circuit and was also cool that 17 people showed up yesterday even though we had a couple of late drop outs.
Hopefully we can maybe reach 20 people next week at Mosport, would be fanastic and I can only encourage everyone to show up. Fantastic cars on a fantastic circuit, what do you want more? :)

Congrats to all finishers!
Cheers,
Dom

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had been getting into the 1:44.9s in practice with mediums and was confident of a decent qualifying. The softs gained me about 4 tenths around here and I ended up P5. I didn't get a great start and was down to 6th aftermisjudging a Proto car lapping, backed off too much and lost a place. Settled into a train of drivers in the early stages @cheekymunkey78 and @Nolitnax. As things started getting stretched out a few mistakes were made, but was over quite consistent. Didn't add enough fuel in my first stint, was hoping to go longer and maybe a short stint at the end on softs but had to change it in the end and kept on the mediums. Then, all on my own when I was keeping out of trouble I tagged to the wall hard with about 20 minutes to go. Heavy front end damage and was getting really bad understeer. Also, the damage on my windscreen made it difficult to see out, especially on the left hand side. I knew some people had taken penalties, so I needed to not make any more mistakes. Had a late challenge from @Nolitnax and @StubbornGymnast but managed to just about hold on for P3. Another lap or 2 and I would definitely have lost places.

It was a much needed distraction from what is going on at the moment, even if I was still thinking about it alot during the race.

See you all at the next one, congrats to the winners, and my teammate @Exited for a great win!

Col

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good turnout and race yesterday everyone! Just what the doctor ordered.

Usual story of this season for me, timid practice, suddenly finding one lap pace in the qualy session, and nowhere near consistent enough to capitalise on my speed in the race. Still a lot of fun hustling through traffic in my rocket ship though :cool:

How about those qualy times? o_O
1584612272548.png

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa