Assetto Corsa Round 5: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (1 Viewer)

Round 5: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto corsa
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the short notice, but I have to withdraw from tonights race.

For some reason I managed to get a stiff neck and I just can't sit for that long, it just gets unbearable after sometime. :eek:

Have fun tonight guys! ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Shame @Nolitnax hope you feel better soon

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Aggelos Iliakis

Community Member
Reaction score
In the race which i had pace and all looked like a comfartable P4 i go and bottle it two times in a row resulting to me totalling tha car (YES AGAIN)! Anyways still a fun race and loooking forward to Daytona hoping that i wont crash again while going for a good result :(

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This was my worst race , and most importantly, I had moments that were dangerous for the participants. Sorry guys

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah man, Havocc I was hoping we have a fight this night again.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So is daytona the oval (!!!) or road course?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
There was this brown moment in Corner 2... I saw the Pototye and thougt, please do not attack me here and what happend: - Baaam, 100 Points -

By the way, do someone have the replay?

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a very nice race tbh. Had a good start and found myself soon in P2 after Tom spun in the first lap(s). Then after a while Puffy got sadly disconnected and I found myself in P1, being chased by @David Siska . Everything went well, until I had contact with @Havocc due to a misunderstanding. Sorry for that @Havocc! As the incident happened just in front of the pits I pitted directly as I also had some damage.

I rejoined in P3 and started chasing @Battenberg and @David Siska who were in P2 and P1. When @David Siska pitted, I regained the lead and tried to build a gap as I had to do a short pitstop at the end of the race. The gap grew from approx. 11s to 20s and I decided to just take fuel and not change tires (didn't know if the tire and fuel was concurrent or not). In the end I rejoined approx. 9 sec behind David and started chasing him for the final leg of the race. With 3 laps to go and having brought the gap down to 4 secs. I sadly spun in the slow corner before the long straight. I also lost the car in the first corner of the penultimate lap (the back just went away) and decided to slowly drive to the finish and bring the car home in P2.

Congratulations @David Siska for the race win! I loved every single second of our battle. I hope we can continue this battle next week again!

Congrats to the winner of the GTE class as well!

And congrats on the double podium finish for Powered by Stroopwafels @Battenberg!!!!!!

I had no specific issues, however I'd like to stress out the GTE's sticking to their lines as much as possible. I had a couple of moments where, with all good intentions, a GTE being lapped comes of the ideal line to make room. I know this is with all good intentions, however, this makes judging the overtaking line and committing to that very difficult. I even had one moment where two Corvettes were close to each other and I had to slam the brakes, as they both gave room, but in different lines. Basically for the GTE's: you hold your racing line and the overtaking is the faster class' "problem" if you might say so. Even on long straights it can be scary if the GTE moves from the ideal line to let the faster car past. Just stick to your line and let the faster car do the overtaking.

Come to think of it: maybe the issue is the lack of virtual mirror or rear view camera in AC, which prevents the possibility to monitor upcoming cars? At least, I can't seem to activate these options.

Anyway, see you on track next week all!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I even had one moment where two Corvettes were close to each other and I had to slam the brakes, as they both gave room, but in different lines.

I was one of those Corvettes. I was approaching @Havocc to lap him when you also came through T1. I kept left to let you through on the right and Havocc slowed down a bit too much in front of me, so rather than swerve to the right to avoid him and potentially collide with you, I slowed down as best I could directly behind him. I would say it was just bad timing that we all came together at that point. Most of the time the protos were lapping respectfully, only a few close calls for me.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was one of those Corvettes. I was approaching @Havocc to lap him when you also came through T1. I kept left to let you through on the right and Havocc slowed down a bit too much in front of me, so rather than swerve to the right to avoid him and potentially collide with you, I slowed down as best I could directly behind him. I would say it was just bad timing that we all came together at that point. Most of the time the protos were lapping respectfully, only a few close calls for me.
It was a close call indeed, but as you said no worries @hinesy32. We survived :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I should have shortened gear ratios even more, i was 10 kph slower at turn 8 speed trap or maybe too much df :rolleyes:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I should have shortened gear ratios even more, i was 10 kph slower at turn 8 speed trap or maybe too much df :rolleyes:
I ran 1/3 aero, was equally fast on 2/5 so I went for the higher topspeed to be more safe in the race when battling. For gear ratios I went with the final drive ratio so that I reach 275km/h in 6th gear in the setup menu :)
But the exit of Moss corner was more important. A perfect exit gives you easily 2 tenths or so...

Last edited:

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow wow wow.. My first league race win! :D

This was my first race on this track, so I didn't know well how to drive fast. I knew that I'll be slower this time, so I changed my strategy. And it turned out to be the best choice!

I have had 3 pole positions which is absolutely amazing, but @Puffpirat was unbeatable in the previous races. But I knew I won't have chance in qualy this time, so after a few laps I stayed at the pit.

I started the race in 4th position, and already spun in 2nd corner :banghead:(braked at the top of the crest), touched the wall, so the car had serious damage (orange front and red rear). I found out, that the car handled very well with the damage, so I didn't go to pit, and started chasing the guys in front. I had 1-2 minor accidents, but I was very lucky, because everyone in the prototype class also had some incident, therefore I still had hope for the win.

After the pit stop I found myself in 3rd place, behind @Battenberg and @MelBonkers . Unfortunately Tom had another incident, so I only had to deal with you @MelBonkers .
I knew that you still have to pit, although I was slightly slower per lap. This led to a mad escape from you. I'm sorry GTE drivers for the aggressive driving in the last few laps, but my win was at stake. :) It's really sad that you spun. You were faster than me, so we could have fought for the win in the last laps.

I enjoyed this race the most with the constant pressure from start to finish.

See you next time!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks like high df only generates a lot of drag and very low lateral grip with this car :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread