Assetto Corsa Round 5: Norisring (1 Viewer)

Round 5: Norisring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, February 11, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Another poor weekend for me. I had the pace, but couldn't put the lap together in qualifying, left 0.5s on the track easily. But no big deal, still an hour to make up for it.

I started fine, untill (about 15 minutes in i think) the small knock on the back of dama (my fault), which spinned me. And trying to rejoin on this track when facing the other way ... 25 seconds down the drain.
I finally recover, then I see leaders are gonna lap me and I'm gonna lose a lot of time, so i decide to pit.

I come out in the middle of the pack, everyone a lap ahead. At least i had the pace to stay there. I race there for a while, dama (again, this time lap up) in front of me, cheekymunkey behind (also lap up). We're racing like that for a while, when cheeky hits me from behind in turn one. Again, i get the short straw and spin ... another 25 seconds down the drain trying to turn the car in the right direction safely.

At this point I'm down to P29, pretty upset and considering rage quiting for a moment, but well, I ain't no quitter, so i get down to it and race on. I was driving really well (good pace, consistency, race craft, letting faster cars on etc) to the end and got up to P24 (i think) in the end.

There is some positive in it, so looking forward to build on that in the future.

ps: @staff: great track for hotlapping, a terrible choice for a 38 car race

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
Another could have been... :(
I knew that it'll be a disastrous race. I couldn't practice much, and this is a though track.
After a vary bad "home" race this wasn't good neither. But I enjoyed it. :)
Actually I could find some pace, so I had the same speed as the pitted "leaders".
Sorry @Nada for the touch. I didn't want to ruin your race. It was a little touch, but affected you very badly.

Hope for a better finale at Hockenheim!
Post automatically merged:

Oh.. I almost forgot one thing. It was a really good fight through the last two laps @Angel ! I really enjoyed it
I really enjoyed that too! I wish I could have kept you behind though :wtf:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the track but a few incidents made me hate the race.

Q: P18 - Over cooked it in to the Chicane and lost about 0.4s, could have been a fairy tail quali.

R: P23 - starting mid pack the 1st corner usual carnage happened, I got hit from behind and sent wide so rather than jumping back on, I parked it on the runoff for everything to cool down but still got hit at least another 3 times before I could get going again. Think I came back on in about 28th.

Steady drive until I was behind @Jomba, unfortunately after being behind for 7 laps I broke late and made contact causing him to spin. Sorry for the contact man but I have raised a Stew.Inq. for education.

At one point I was up to around 15th.

Then after another steady drive, my worst incident - @Dama_The_Crow - in an incident very similar to the one with @Jomba but at the last Hairpin, I hit him, I am truly sorry and it was 100% my fault. Another Stew. Inq. as this was really bad from me for so many reasons.

Running in 21st came the nail in the coffin. Letting the leader past I got stuck on the inside of the 1st Hairpin, I gave a lot of room but clipped @Alex Salmon. Again I have raised a Stew. Inq. for education on this one.

I hate affecting other peoples races and with this track I was overtaking and being overtook at the same time for what seemed every corner, it was too much for me to process.

I really enjoyed the track and without the 3 incidents it would have been a great race for me, however I am left feeling that in 55min on this track the inevitable was always going to happen.

See you all at the last race. Well done to the winners and survivors of this one.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So finally a decent race report for me. :p

Qualify: Fairly good qualify. Made a small mistake into the last turn where I went to deep. Might have costed me P1/P2, since is was only 0.100 from P1, but when its this close, every tenth counts. P7 is pretty good with this many fast guys. :)

Race: Crazy start. Everyone was defending the inside line, so decide to take a wide outside line to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately @CrisBCros tagged the rear of my car, and sent me a bit sideways. Had some minor damage and was down to P15. Had some really good battles with lots of guys, since this track is so short. I pitted and decide to fix the damage on my car, which was a mistake, since it let @Puffpirat pass me right when I came out of the pit. The last stint was all about chasing him down and managed to get really close, when @Berserkmir and @Dangerous Gianetta had a coming together into T1, which send me 4 secs behind @Puffpirat. Last 10-15 laps I just hotlapping trying to catch @Puffpirat. In the end I didn't manage to catch him, but was damn close. :)

Congratulations to top 3 and it looks like the championship is gonna be super close at Hockenheimring. :)

/Noz

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race!

I first thought that this track will be disaster, but instead it was "just" crazy roller-coaster.

After I started dead-last (penalty - well deserved - from Hungaroring race - where I thought to quit racing in league because I had no FFB, no time to practice, no will... Again thank you very much @Exited for showing me tips for FFB - now is perfect) right after red light went off, I overtook few cars right away. Little stop on first hairpin on the traffic jam, and then everything goes mostly smoothly. Every lap I was more confident in car, and learning how to enter hairpin, or chicane, so I had nice lap time, better than in practice for the race itself.
I managed to catch up 15th place. Then I went to pits, and decided to fix aero - maybe that was mistake... I didn't know how much aero damage is reducing top speed, because it seemed to me that I can't reach top speed in straights.
There were plenty of great battles, specially with @cheekymunkey78 (nevermind for accident, it happens).

I am glad that I finally showed my "real face" in racing, and I think that Hockenheim will be descent finale of season. Btw I tried Hockenheim after, and I saw that it will be awesome race.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nightmare of a race for me. I was happy to come out of T1 in P5 but on lap 3 I spun avoiding a battle between @Dangerous Gianetta and @miagi. At the end of the lap I was in P19. The car was battle scared all around but I managed to fight my way back to P10 before the pit stop, including some challening fights along the way. Great racing guys.

Forgetting to repair the damage gave me the undercut on @Noztra but boy was it hard to stay ahead. Great race mate!

After Hungaroring and Norisring I could really use a clean race at Hockenheim ;) Championship battle is shaping up nicely :eek:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nightmare of a race for me. I was happy to come out of T1 in P5 but on lap 3 I spun avoiding a battle between @Dangerous Gianetta and @miagi. At the end of the lap I was in P19. The car was battle scared all around but I managed to fight my way back to P10 before the pit stop, including some challening fights along the way. Great racing guys.

Forgetting to repair the damage gave me the undercut on @Noztra but boy was it hard to stay ahead. Great race mate!

After Hungaroring and Norisring I could really use a clean race at Hockenheim ;) Championship battle is shaping up nicely :eek:

I was two laps on your tale and equally fast :cool: :D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was a very very wild race, but I loved it! Such a different type of racing with such a short circuit, it felt like I was constantly fighting or lapping 2 or 3 cars per lap :-D very very good fun!

My qualy lap was rather bad and I was really suprised to came out in P4. Felt like the circuit lost about 5% grip from practice to qualy or my tires were just too cold and not pressured enough because everyone was so slow on the outlap...

Got a really good race start at was already side to side to @Dangerous Gianetta when he started to squeeze me into the wall and so I decided to back off to avoid big carnage... Sorry mate but wasn't too happy with that move, that could have killed the whole field :-/ took the outside in the first corner and thought I have given enough space to everybody on the inside but I think I turned in a little bit too much and so @Vernux clipped the back of my car and I half spun. No hard feelings mate, just an unlucky come together imo. Luckily he turned my around again, so not that much lost :) after that I was in P9 and started to chase the guys in front of me. Had awesome battles with @Mazy CZ @EVR Morvic and @t0daY . Tried to do a switchback on Manu out of the last corner when @Mazy CZ missed his braking point a little bit and got into my rear which made me loose P5 to Morvic again. Was able to overtake him again into T1, sorry for that wider line mate, didn't want to push you. After that Manu and I were able to pull off a slight gap to the others and I did the exact same manoeuver on him again but this time the switchback worked out pretty good for me :) tried to chase down the leaders but they were to far ahead and I sadly did repair my aero damage in the pit which took about 5 seconds longer than refilling and changing tires and the car wasn't faster afterwards :) So I finished in P4 with a 5 seconds gap to @Alex Salmon :)

Gonna be a huge season ending in Hockenheim! Think it's really close between @Puffpirat @miagi @Alex Salmon and me atm, so there should be everything possible next week :)

Big big congrats to my team mate @Diluvian ! Such a deserved win after having awesome pace the whole season but also having pure bad luck in a lot of races! Well done mate!
Also congrats to the podium finishers!

See you next week, my hands are already shaking :)

Cheers,
Exited

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
So finally a decent race report for me. :p

Qualify: Fairly good qualify. Made a small mistake into the last turn where I went to deep. Might have costed me P1/P2, since is was only 0.100 from P1, but when its this close, every tenth counts. P7 is pretty good with this many fast guys. :)

Race: Crazy start. Everyone was defending the inside line, so decide to take a wide outside line to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately @CrisBCros tagged the rear of my car, and sent me a bit sideways. Had some minor damage and was down to P15. Had some really good battles with lots of guys, since this track is so short. I pitted and decide to fix the damage on my car, which was a mistake, since it let @Puffpirat pass me right when I came out of the pit. The last stint was all about chasing him down and managed to get really close, when @Berserkmir and @Dangerous Gianetta had a coming together into T1, which send me 4 secs behind @Puffpirat. Last 10-15 laps I just hotlapping trying to catch @Puffpirat. In the end I didn't manage to catch him, but was damn close. :)

Congratulations to top 3 and it looks like the championship is gonna be super close at Hockenheimring. :)

/Noz
Mate - I am sorry I hit you, but I couldn’t avoid since I was pushed as well by ...? I am confident this will be clarified by the Orange Zone investigations. :)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mate - I am sorry I hit you, but I couldn’t avoid since I was pushed as well by ...? I am confident this will be clarified by the Orange Zone investigations. :)

We had slight contact but I doubt I pushed you

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So it was you...

As I said, highly doubt that. Orange Zone Investigation will bring light into this situation I guess :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what can i say? I have really struggled with the car all season but yesterday it felt different, I have not understood this car and had no pace all season, but yesterday was fun.

Having started from the back(due to my own fault in hungaroring) i decided to take it easy and actually lifted off for a second after the lights went green, This was deliberate to give me enough time to deal with anything potentially ahead, Im glad i did as the first corner was at a standstill with an incident, Having that extra time to navigate my way around allowed me to gain 10-11 places even being in front of @Darksi who qualified in P19, I started to look ahead but couldn't take my eyes off the train of cars behind me who were catching fast, i did what i could to defend but in the end it was best to let them go to give me a safer chance of releasing them. I had a spin that cost me a lot of time and hit the exit of the chicane once but this was no major issue. I had some fun mid race with @Battenberg closing in on me, but as we were due to be lapped by the leaders i decided to make a tactical pit stop while @Battenberg got held up with traffic. Sadly this didn't work out as i added more fuel than he did, i ended up 5 seconds behind. The end of the race felt line driving an LMP2 car, constantly busy with traffic albeit with me being lapped.

I finished the race in P26 to get my first points Point for the season. I look forward to the final race as its a circuit i like so hopefully i improve on my result at Norisring.

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, what a race! it's been said before, but it felt super busy, a never ending chase...

I aborted my qualifying lap so started from the back, and in the straight into the hairpin I left some people pass, which I was happy with after watching everybody piled up :) i only had another scary moment, somebody clipped me in the hairpin and spun but only lost a position which I claimed afterwards so no biggy. He waited for me so it's all good, it happens.

I had a nice pace for me to start overtaking people and finish the race where i belonged :) 16

I was looking forward to battle with @cheekymunkey78 and was behind him at some point but he had the accident and Jeff and I capitalised on that.

I tried for the life of me to stick to @Jeff[NL] but the bugger was just ever so slightly quicker, I don't know how I did it but overtook him in the pits and he came from behind to overtake me again! I enjoyed that too much!

For the last few laps battling with @David Siska was again a fight to the death to defend my position :) (respectful death...)

The only funny thing I experienced was at the last corner, I was lapping two cars and at the same corner pretty much, I was being lapped by another car, so it was kind of confusing, didn't know which was overtaking me, which ones should be slowing down... we should have different "shades of blue"... flag.

See you all in the next one!

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to revise
I may have to revise my statement and say that someone *touched* me (instead of *pushing* me) or even just that I had contact.......and caused a chain reaction because I tried everything not to spin. However, for sure OZ inverstigation will bring clarification about it generally.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was a very very wild race, but I loved it! Such a different type of racing with such a short circuit, it felt like I was constantly fighting or lapping 2 or 3 cars per lap :-D very very good fun!

My qualy lap was rather bad and I was really suprised to came out in P4. Felt like the circuit lost about 5% grip from practice to qualy or my tires were just too cold and not pressured enough because everyone was so slow on the outlap...

Got a really good race start at was already side to side to @Dangerous Gianetta when he started to squeeze me into the wall and so I decided to back off to avoid big carnage... Sorry mate but wasn't too happy with that move, that could have killed the whole field :-/ took the outside in the first corner and thought I have given enough space to everybody on the inside but I think I turned in a little bit too much and so @Vernux clipped the back of my car and I half spun. No hard feelings mate, just an unlucky come together imo. Luckily he turned my around again, so not that much lost :) after that I was in P9 and started to chase the guys in front of me. Had awesome battles with @Mazy CZ @EVR Morvic and @t0daY . Tried to do a switchback on Manu out of the last corner when @Mazy CZ missed his braking point a little bit and got into my rear which made me loose P5 to Morvic again. Was able to overtake him again into T1, sorry for that wider line mate, didn't want to push you. After that Manu and I were able to pull off a slight gap to the others and I did the exact same manoeuver on him again but this time the switchback worked out pretty good for me :) tried to chase down the leaders but they were to far ahead and I sadly did repair my aero damage in the pit which took about 5 seconds longer than refilling and changing tires and the car wasn't faster afterwards :) So I finished in P4 with a 5 seconds gap to @Alex Salmon :)

Gonna be a huge season ending in Hockenheim! Think it's really close between @Puffpirat @miagi @Alex Salmon and me atm, so there should be everything possible next week :)

Big big congrats to my team mate @Diluvian ! Such a deserved win after having awesome pace the whole season but also having pure bad luck in a lot of races! Well done mate!
Also congrats to the podium finishers!

See you next week, my hands are already shaking :)

Cheers,
Exited
hmm,
well drive mate
do you think ,easy to pass me:) and i was so EXCITED infront of you at the startline,:)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a quick preliminary standings update. All is subject to change. :)

Drivers:
1. @Puffpirat - 148
2. @miagi - 131
3. @Exited - 130
4. @Vernux 124
5. @Alex Salmon - 124

Teams:
1. Mafia - 237
2. Mad Bull - 237
3. Ostblock - 235
Miagi was 9 points down to me and gained 6 points on me at Norisring (2nd to 4th). How can he be 1 point in front of me? :-/

Users who are viewing this thread