Assetto Corsa Round 6: Daytona International Speedway (1 Viewer)

Round 6: Daytona International Speedway
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - 18:20
Until: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you all

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Omg this track was so bad in VR, 40 fps and terrible visibility, had to switch to monitor

Aggelos Iliakis

Community Member
Reaction score
Sooo this race went pretty well!! P2 out of nowhere basically cause of @Exited having problems with the game but still i was going for the podium cause of some penaltys that the guys in front served.

As always i was slower from the car infront and faster from the car behind resultin in me being in a no-mans land.But still i had fun with the LMP1s lapping and with monitoring the gaps.

Only thing that bothered is i almost lost P2 cause of my pc screen freezing resulting in me crashing at the fast sicane and then i had a red front aero and that meant that i was 5-6s slower from the car behind. If anyone knows how to fix those screen-freezes please tell me.

Congrats to the champions and to the staff for organizing this event!! Will we have a second season? I really enjoyed this one despite driving only 4 out of 6 and actually finishing only 2 of them:p

P.S Can someone upload the replay please??

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sooo this race went pretty well!! P2 out of nowhere basically cause of @Exited having problems with the game but still i was going for the podium cause of some penaltys that the guys in front served.

As always i was slower from the car infront and faster from the car behind resultin in me being in a no-mans land.But still i had fun with the LMP1s lapping and with monitoring the gaps.

Only thing that bothered is i almost lost P2 cause of my pc screen freezing resulting in me crashing at the fast sicane and then i had a red front aero and that meant that i was 5-6s slower from the car behind. If anyone knows how to fix those screen-freezes please tell me.

Congrats to the champions and to the staff for organizing this event!! Will we have a second season? I really enjoyed this one despite driving only 4 out of 6 and actually finishing only 2 of them:p

I think this track has poor perfomances, probably eats a lot of memory, as i said before i had to switch monitor because vr was a mess in terms of fps and stuttering

Daniel H

Community Member
Reaction score
Finished ! 4 Place :D No crash, no penalty BUT... I forgot to turn on the musik ;)

All my opponents disappeared with time @Havocc @StubbornGymnast @Eugene Gajkin , but at least I could fight the last 10 rounds with @hinesy32, I let him pass first and then chased him again, but it always stayed at 1.5 and 2.5 distance, well done. In the end I did my best laps there :)
I hope you felt some pressure ;)

Thanks to everyone for this event, I hope we will reach 40 drivers next time.

It was interesting to drive with 2 classes but i hope next time we all drive in 1 class, GT3 or something like that.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finished ! 4 Place :D No crash, no penalty BUT... I forgot to turn on the musik ;)

All my opponents disappeared with time @Havocc @StubbornGymnast @Eugene Gajkin , but at least I could fight the last 10 rounds with @hinesy32, I let him pass first and then chased him again, but it always stayed at 1.5 and 2.5 distance, well done. In the end I did my best laps there :)
I hope you felt some pressure ;)

Thanks to everyone for this event, I hope we will reach 40 drivers next time.

It was interesting to drive with 2 classes but i hope next time we all drive in 1 class, GT3 or something like that.

there's ACC for GT3 :D
My vote goes to Porsche 919 or any other lmp1

Track list: Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring GP, Monza, Suzuka (mod) and her home Le Mans as last race with double points

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, my review from last nights race. I've never been a fan of the Daytona Road Course. I really struggle in the bus stop chicane, I just can't get my braking or line choice right and it showed last night. I lost a few tenths in every lap going through it. Only in qualifying did I get it right for my lap to put me in P3. I had a great start getting in front of @Nolitnax into T1. We had very similar pace and for quite a few laps the gap was around 1 second. He then got a great draft on me and passed into T1. Kept close enough but not close enough to get a tow. Then he made a mistake into T1 and I got back into 2nd. Settled in from there and waited for my pit stop. Then, coming into the bus stop 2 laps before I was planning to pit, I spun on braking and hit the wall hard. The car always felt like it wanted to swap ends when braking here. Lots of front damage and engine damage. Limped back to the pits but then picked up a stupid drive though penalty. And that was it really, over from there. I put on softs for the second stint, but they felt horrible compared to qualifying. Tried to chase down everyone but then made 2 more stupid mistakes, one in the bus stop again, and one in T1. My last crash I picked up heavy front end damage but as there was only 20 minutes left I decided to stay out. Had a nice battle with @Daniel H trying to pull away with a broken car was not easy or fun. Came home in P4 in the end, but if we had more drivers I would have been further down the order. Aw well, not a great race to end on. Congrats to @Exited for the championship and the help with set-ups. I think I improved this season. Thanks to @Ricardo Macieira and the team for setting up the league. It has been a real shame that we had such low turns outs. I liked the endurance and multi-class format.

Hopefully see you all in the next season, I'm praying for some ACC :p:cool:

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score

I had to revert back to the laptop yesterday for one more time and i have problems with freezing on there. I had a freeze on exactly the same spot as you just before the chicane. It blew up my engine lol. I don’t know what causes the freezes myself as the laptop can run the game quite easy and when i started playing 8 months ago those problems where not there. Strange..

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I also had some FPS drops in certain parts of the track, but not as bad as Watkins Glen where I was getting 99%CPU occupancy.

Aggelos Iliakis

Community Member
Reaction score
I also had some FPS drops in certain parts of the track, but not as bad as Watkins Glen where I was getting 99%CPU occupancy.
Yeah i had that too and it is quite strange considering my pc can run AC at max and it is stable at 110-120fps. Maybe next time we need a better selection of tracks? Tracks that dont have perfomance issues at least.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It will be the modded tracks that are causing the issues. Most of them are fine for me. I have quite an old PC, i5 CPU.

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much an almost perfect race for me. :cool: First win for me in the RSR seeting so that is something.

Besides the slip up on turn one arround the 45 minute mark, due to some hefty frame drops I actually missed my braking point and lost the rear because of it. But good to know that I wasn't the only one with issues.

As @hinesy32 said for the first half we pretty much had a good battle, since we had the same pace. We never were further apart than maybe 1.3 seconds until my first and only "fuck up" turn 1.
It seems to be really easy to blow the engine depending on how you hit the wall, had the same experience in the quali session on watkins, where I just "graced" the wall and my engine almost completely wrecked...
Which made me respect the wall much more then I probably should! :p
When I watched @Exited in the practice, q session the way he hugged the wall before the busstop is certainly the proper way to do it but fuck that imho, that shit is scary as hell! :eek:

Just asking, will there be a feedback thread? Have some more thoughts overall but if I remember correctly there will be a separate thread for it, right?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just asking, will there be a feedback thread? Have some more thoughts overall but if I remember correctly there will be a separate thread for it, right?
Feedback thread is here :)

Users who are viewing this thread