Assetto Corsa Round 6 - Lausitzring (1 Viewer)

Round 6 - Lausitzring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, February 25, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry but some things happened last night, and I could't attend the race nor even call in that I am going to miss the race. I was so sad because I did practice a lot, and I was very confident in car and track.

I have to say thank you to @Noztra, @Ricardo Macieira and @t0daY who brought "fresh blood" in RSR racing with Assetto Corsa.

This season was not my best because lots of things happened in my RL (mostly things around kids and family- illness, wife starting to work again, my mother with us, searching for new car to buy etc .......) and I couldn't attend most of them of not enough time for practice. But I am really looking forward to next season.

I'll try to attend next race in Tuesday 5th but it all depends on "home situation".

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry but some things happened last night, and I could't attend the race nor even call in that I am going to miss the race. I was so sad because I did practice a lot, and I was very confident in car and track.

I have to say thank you to @Noztra, @Ricardo Macieira and @t0daY who brought "fresh blood" in RSR racing with Assetto Corsa.

This season was not my best because lots of things happened in my RL (mostly things around kids and family- illness, wife starting to work again, my mother with us, searching for new car to buy etc .......) and I couldn't attend most of them of not enough time for practice. But I am really looking forward to next season.

I'll try to attend next race in Tuesday 5th but it all depends on "home situation".

@Dama_The_Crow - I've been there my friend, thinking of you and hope you come out the other side wiser, stronger and without too many scars.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go to plan...

The plan was to drive around at the back off the pace getting out of peoples way all the time(like usual)...

Qualified next to last (probably because somebody didn't set a time)

for some reason I managed to go 2 seconds quicker in the race than in qualifying (no I didn't find a shortcut)
I had one of my best races ever and could see other cars on the track most of the time, and not just the ones lapping me. I don't think I actually overtook anybody but I made up places as others had incidents and amazingly I didn't have any spins at all !! (i did graze a wall slightly at one point)
Finished 15th!:eek:

Big thanks to @Noztra @Ricardo Macieira @t0daY for organizing and allowing me to race.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the amazing season! It was competitive throughout and yesterday was no exception. So happy to finish off the season with a win after I struggled a bit mid season. Amazing how well we all integrated into for some a new home, some a new game. Really impressive!

I made two charts for driver and team championship. Sorry I didn't include all teams and drivers because I'm lazy xD Drivers is top15 and teams top3.

Attachments

• 1551177763105.png
    1551177763105.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 344

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My most intense race of the season - video will follow! Huge thanks to @The Wayfaerer and @David Siska for this awesome battle. A constant fight for 6th place. A P8 would have destroyed our team championship.. pushing the car to the limits to stay in front, loved it!

No pun intended but saying this track is awful and that you can not race on it - biggest understatement of this season!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
but today I found out there actually was a quicker solution.
today? and you post at 06:41 :D :D

As much as i struggled with the car, Overall it was a good start to our Evolution Series and it will only get better, Thanks to @Ricardo Macieira and @Noztra for their hard work, patience and enthusiasm. Cracking job guys!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And the only one who is laughing about my not intended pun is this "guy" who didn't race and rather spent time in iRacing, funny ;) :D

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Atleast Lemans was fun and it wasnt as bumpy ;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After all the discussion (still not happy with the track pick) it turned out to be quite a nice track to race against others. Wouldn't say it was the best race of the season, but still a nice, competitive race yesterday!

Wasn't too unhappy with P6 in qualy as I didn't had a good feeling for the track, so I focussed on the race.
At the race start, @Diluvian did exactly what we discussed and cleared the road for me, so that I was already in P2 after L1 :p Sadly I bottled it by myself by overshooting T1 in L2 and then on top of that we followed our livery and did a nice Red Bull Baku incident by coming together in T3 :cool: just a unlucky situation, think nobody was really at fault there :)
Didn't really had good pace in the whole first stint so I lost more and more time to @Puffpirat @Alex Salmon @Jeff[NL] and @Diluvian . Mad Bull tried the overcut but it did not really work out for us so we came back on track couple of seconds behind Alex and Jeff. Banged it fast lap after fast lap and closed down to them 2-3 laps before the end. Jeff tried to overtake Alex into the last two hairpins which ended up in a half spin for him and I was luckily able to overtake him. Battled Alex in the last laps and was almost able to pass him but we both ran to wide into T1 so I had to settle in P3 :)
Sadly our mistake did cost us the team championship but nevertheless I'm proud what we @Diluvian and me personally achieved in season 1 and we will definitely come back even stronger in season 2!

Shame that @miagi had problems with his wheel! Thats not how you wanna have a championship battle to end! Enjoyed our battles at Salzburgring and Hungaroring a lot and looking forward to battle you again in season 2!

Big big congrats to @Puffpirat for winning the driver championship. Very very well deserved championship, very fast and even more consistent throughout the whole season. Didn't see any major mistake on your side which were pretty easy to do in these cars (at least for me :) )

Last but not last, big big thank you to @Noztra @Ricardo Macieira @t0daY and anybody else who were involed to make this season happen! Your effort is very much appreciated and thanks for spending your free time to create this league! I really really enjoyed this one!

See you all next season, was a honour to battle a lot of you guys!

Cheers,
Exited

Users who are viewing this thread