Assetto Corsa Round 6: Road Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Round 6: Road Atlanta
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
R6 - Road AtlantaV2.png

Car: Formula RSS3
Track: Road Atlanta
Setup: Semi-Locked
Livery Pack: Click here

Date: Tuesday, 1st October 2019
17:55 UTC - Server Reboot
18:00 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:00 UTC - Qualifying
19:15 UTC - Race 1
19:45 UTC - Race 2 (Reversed Grid Top 10)

GeneralRestrictions
Damage: 75%Tire Blankets: Yes
Tyre Wear: 100%ABS: Off
Fuel Rate: 100%Traction Control: Off
Flags & Penalties: Pitlane Penalty AppStability Control: No
Jump Start: Drive Through PenaltyAuto Clutch: No

EventConditions
Practice: 30 minsWeather: Clear
Qualifying: 15 minsStarting Time: 10:00
Race 1: 30 minTrack Grip: Dynamic
Race 2: 30 minWind: Random

Road_Atlanta.png

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Special Track Limits
Turn 5:
Inside unchanged, exit is completely open
tracklimits_road_atlanta.PNG

Server Info
Name: revolutionsimracing.com
Password: rsr2019

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Weather: Light Thunderstorm(sol)

What is the reasoning behind this? I find it very hard to swallow this one, because:
- There is no visual rain for me. Not in the air, not on the track.
- Sound effects for rain are really bad and inconsistent.
- Sound effect for windshiled wiper is annoying. Not to mention the car doesn't have windshield wipers.
- There are no rain tyres available.
- I cannot tell any difference in grip levels from dry/wet track.

I feel like the rain effects in AC are just a make-up over the old AC engine, without any good practical use (like actually getting the track wet and affecting cars). And not a particularly nice looking and sounding make-up, if I may add.

I will leave a possibility that I have the mods istalled incorrectly, but that does not change my point about grip levels, as that should be the same for every client (I was on the practice server).

In conclusion - I see no benefits in using this weather mod, but a lot of downsides.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind this? I find it very hard to swallow this one, because:
- There is no visual rain for me. Not in the air, not on the track.
- Sound effects for rain are really bad and inconsistent.
- Sound effect for windshiled wiper is annoying. Not to mention the car doesn't have windshield wipers.
- There are no rain tyres available.
- I cannot tell any difference in grip levels from dry/wet track.

I feel like the rain effects in AC are just a make-up over the old AC engine, without any good practical use (like actually getting the track wet and affecting cars). And not a particularly nice looking and sounding make-up, if I may add.

I will leave a possibility that I have the mods istalled incorrectly, but that does not change my point about grip levels, as that should be the same for every client (I was on the practice server).

In conclusion - I see no benefits in using this weather mod, but a lot of downsides.
Quick one, i made it during my lunch break and i hadn't my speakers/headset on so yeah no rain sound, thought it was just visual

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important Update
After some people were asking about it, we feel this is the best way to go. Please see below:

Special Track Limits
Turn 5:
Inside unchanged, exit is completely open
tracklimits_road_atlanta.PNG

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What time in the evening are these races usually finishing?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sadly:drowning: again sorry cannot make it tonite just had a call for work this afternoon.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll be racing, but again joining through practice. Thankfully no Corkscrew to deal with this week :p

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guys I'm sorry, but today to take part in the race I can not :(

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"Checksum failed you have been kicked out the race"

What have I missed?

Got Heli, PLP, Car Pack, Liveries, Track Pack and I think I put fixed set up in the right place.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"Checksum failed you have been kicked out the race"

What have I missed?

Got Heli, PLP, Car Pack, Liveries, Track Pack and I think I put fixed set up in the right place.
The car got updated after round 1. Did you drove since then?

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The car got updated after round 1. Did you drove since then?

Turns out I you were right, sorted now.
Post automatically merged:

Last thing I checked. Downloaded everything else again. :banghead:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. Blue Screen after 5 laps in Race 1...
Was too angry to join again and needed some cooldown :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Poo. Really good race pace and starting positions for both races, could have been on the podium each time (maybe a win for R2 with the lead I had?) if it wasn't for some silly mistakes. The one in R2 especially hurt, I followed Andy off the road at the final turn (my fault), and went through the other pitlane (left side of start finish) to rejoin the track safely; rather than turn around on the grass and rejoin at a sharp angle on the final turn. As I went through the pitlane my lap wasn't counted, so I went a lap down instantly. After another off track excursion mid race, I went for a do or die move on Cheeky on the final lap. I died, knocked Cheeky off at the chicane, and waited for him to rejoin to have his place back. This let Puffy 'lap' me on the final turn, so I finished just off the podium on the road. Really gutted 2 strong results failed to materialise tonight. :(

On the bright side, I really enjoyed driving this combo, my Qualy lap was mega, definately my best of the season. I had some great battles and pulled off some good moves along the way too. Also, my PC didn't crap the bed at all tonight, and it was fine during last nights long practice session too, so I think I have solved some nasty system freezing issues that's plagued me over the last few weeks!* :D Pretty much the whole race was a smooth 90fps in the rift. 1 or 2 blips or stutters, nothing majorly distracting, but it was 99% flawless all night - that barely ever happens! Every cloud has a silver lining...

*Spolier: It was the new SSD. Went back to my old one and it's been fine ever since...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread