Assetto Corsa RSR Classic Series #2 (1 Viewer)

RSR Classic Series #2
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ow my face!

That crash was terrifying in VR. Aside from that, tonight was epic. I had a great qualifying (maybe my best lap in RSR?), but I had messy races avoiding incidents and making too many mistakes by myself. I had an absolute blast driving this beast regardless. I have a newfound massive respect for the legends of this sport. Big balls!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
God damn it! I finally figured it out! :eek:

After tinkering a little bit with the gear ratios, I finally sorta "get it" and can actually consistently drive around the course, decently fast enough without smashing into the wall... After 10 minutes I can consistently do a 1:56:5xx! Welp one day too late but at least I can rest in peace now, knowing that I'm not a complete idiot. :p

Was an experience itself handling this "car", but for my taste a little bit too vintage for me. I would never drive this thing in a competitive environment but for a fun night like this sure thing.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was using my paddle shifters last night. I had to come off the throttle for every gear change otherwise I would damage the big ole engine. It was slowing me for sure. Was there a way around that for someone using paddle shifters?

• Agree
Reactions: Tom

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Loved this combo, absolutely brilliant fun, as much a race against the car and track as each other and highly rewarding. Looking forward to the next AC classic race!

I was using my paddle shifters last night. I had to come off the throttle for every gear change otherwise I would damage the big ole engine. It was slowing me for sure. Was there a way around that for someone using paddle shifters?

I was using manual with clutch, I didn't think of trying anything but lifting off on upshifts! Sounds realistic to me in reality you'd always lift off unless you have an auto-cut, not only will the engine get damaged but the gear changes either wouldn't be possible in a dog box unless you unload the transmission or if clutch kicking Halfords car park style the clutch and transmission wouldn't last very long.

Yamover12

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I had to lift off throttle between shifts.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
just incase you missed the action...

Users who are viewing this thread