Assetto Corsa RSR Classic Series #4 (1 Viewer)

One of these classics will run at Le Mans. It is up to you to decide! Which one will it be?

• Mazda 787 B (base content)

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM (Dream Pack 1)

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RSR Classic Series #4
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Insane combo, did not enjoy it very much, starting with practice, Q and both races. Just couldn't put more than a couple clean laps together. Lap s just too long and driving on the Mulsanne all by yourself is no fun. It's a 1 minute wait.

First start was kinda ok, but the second was terrible, some guys were just way too aggressive and I was suddenly on the roof and in the pits.

In hindsight, start procedure wasn't the one to go, Mulsanne is anything but a straight. It's a bumpy two-lane road. Disaster was inevitable really.

I hope some people still enjoyed it, feel kinda bad because I suggested this combo last week. :)
It could have gone worse, it could have been c9

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
feel kinda bad because I suggested this combo last week.
Dont feel bad,the point of these events is to race on different combos, cars or tracks that doenst fit in league mode

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Now C9 at Nordschleife :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was involved in the 2nd race incident. I was following the leading cars in their draft and didn’t want to get too close as I’m terrible on the brakes. I came off throttle to maintain a gap and someone passed me pretty quickly on my left. There was then someone over my right shoulder and then in an instant the car coming passed on the left clipped my front left. The rest was carnage really, so I’m sorry I was involved.

Yamover12

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I missed a lot of carnage today.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for not streaming guys still figuring out all the affiliate stuff and how i get paid for it all lol.. Ill be back streaming soon dont worry i see an rally.x with my name on it.;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was interested to see what actually happened in race 2 last night as I was involved. Here is a chase cam video.

What did I do wrong? Perhaps I moved off line a little before the contact?

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Shepard moved right just enough to clip you, if I see correctly. We all should have been more disciplined and hold our lines.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Shepard moved right just enough to clip you, if I see correctly. We all should have been more disciplined and hold our lines.

If you watch the whiteline and the car on the left they are staying in a straight line, I'm assuming this is Shepard.

Unfortunately Hinesy was just drifting over slightly, I suppose at 180 MPH these cars don't like a slight tap.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think you're right Jakey, I do move left if you follow the white line in the road. These cars are tricky at any speed. I was maybe being too cautious, which I usually am anyway.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I think you were too cautious, even tapping the brakes slightly. This way the car behind you goes to your right and with me passing all the way on the left we are 4 wide.
You could’ve tucked under the rear wing of the car ahead and stay there if you felt uncomfortable on the side.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
If you watch the whiteline and the car on the left they are staying in a straight line, I'm assuming this is Shepard.

Unfortunately Hinesy was just drifting over slightly, I suppose at 180 MPH these cars don't like a slight tap.

I'm not pointing any fingers. There was very little space, track is very bumpy, speeds were high. Guys from the back had a lot of extra speed due to slipstream and the pack congested.

You only need one small tap to start a chain reaction. Accident was a matter of when, not if, imo.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not pointing any fingers. There was very little space, track is very bumpy, speeds were high. Guys from the back had a lot of extra speed due to slipstream and the pack congested.

You only need one small tap to start a chain reaction. Accident was a matter of when, not if, imo.

That's fine not accusing you of it, don't worry I'm not pointing fingers either, just stating what I could see in the footage.

I didn't do the race so not sure how the cars were in the race with the massive slipstream.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't do the race so not sure how the cars were in the race with the massive slipstream.

It was pretty much like how the CART cars used to be in the early 2000s with the Hanford Device
you were 2 seconds in slipstream and suddenly were 10+ kph quicker creating awesome but also quite dangerous slipstream crazyness

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I missed a lot of carnage today.

Not really, we only has an issue in race 2. The start of race 1 was really good and very well behaved. In my opinion the ultimate cause of the issues was the reverse top 10, with faster cars moving up on those in front which meant everyone was very close together. That format has worked really well every other week though.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Are we having an event this week?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff