Assetto Corsa RSR Classic Series (1 Viewer)

RSR Classic Series
Posted by Ricardo
Assetto Corsa
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 22:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brilliant first race, got an epic start from 5th, got to 2nd and then straight back to 3rd.

Then had a brilliant fight with @Battenberg, I think we were side by side for half a lap at one point. Managed to hold on to P3, even with a slight wall tap with a lap to go.

Race 2 didn't go anyway near how I wanted it to, but my fault for pushing too much.

Still a podium on my first official AC race is mega!

Thanks @Ricardo Macieira for organising it

Do you want more classic combos? YESSSS
Did you like the race format? Yes (Wasn't expecting the +1 lap at the end of the race however)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The car was just great and the track was great, but I was not prepared and it ruined everything

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
We sure had:) did you have damage?

Yeah, had a bit of an incident which wouldn't have done the front end of the car any favours!

Do you want more classic combos? Yes x 1000 (much prefer old cars for the heel and toe joyfulness)
Did you like the race format? Yes

Last edited:

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Any chance we could do 1971 F1? If you haven't all got the mod already, you should rectify that immediately!

1587038208409.png

Last edited:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira Thank you VERY much for that epic combo! As an Alfa driver this was even better than I'd expected! I thoroughly loved every second of those races. I literally did my first laps 1 1/2 hour before race start. The driving was epic: loved how the car moved and danced around the circuit and even I was able to do power slides in a car.......well......that's SOMETHING! The details of the car were spot on! I loved the working odometer! Was looking at the numbers scrolling on the straights more than once hihihihi

My first race was a bit bogged by my start: thought I had it in 1st and when I let the clutch go, nothing happened :-D. So went from P6 to P11, but the fight back to the front was very rewarding. Had a couple of insane first laps battling with Mat. Just crazy doing synchronized sliding through fast corners. Than I could escape and fight with @Battenberg and @xlmJakeyy for P3. Sadly one lap before the end I touched the outside wall at Club and spun the car. From there I brought my bella home in P5.

For the second race I activated the gear indicator dashboard ( ;-) ). I started in P5 I think and had a good run through Copse. In Maggotts I had a slight touch with @Jomba and resumed somewhere around P11 or so. From there I battled my way back to P5 and taking over P4 from Nolitnax in the last 10-15 minutes or so of the race. The battle that we had was amazing! I wasn't going to give up P4 that easily! Than in Stowe @Laiders and Mat had contact and I could avoid them and race for P2. I made a small mistak in the last two or three laps and found myself back in P3 fighting with @Nolitnax for P2. I could clinch back P2 and bring my bella home in that position. Wow what a race!

@Jonno thanx for the stream and live commentary! Loved watching the battles back after the race! But please next time don't catch me spinning in the stream :p;):D

Do you want more classic combos? HELL YES!!!!!!
Did you like the race format? YES! Please give us more!!!!!!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I was not prepared and it ruined everything
I f******* up race 2, forgot to press drive :banghead:....moved to pits by the game with 40sec controls locked so i started the race almost 1 min behind p1 and as it wasn't enough i crashed on last corner of lap 1 and killed the car
Post automatically merged:

Any chance we could do 1971 F1? If you haven't all got the mod already, you should rectify that immediately!

View attachment 8799
is it good?? i've heard a lot of bad things about Sim Dream Development(stolen mods,bad rips and so on)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Brilliant fun last night, the car and track combo was brilliant. Not too hard to drive, but very satisfying to find pace. Although the track is obviously very different to the modern circuit it's surprising how similar in character the circuit is to the current track, Stowe and Copse need a similar approach to the current corners to find speed. The Alfa is also probably quite similar in power, weight and general dynamics to the Morgan I've raced in reality.

There's something special about AC, it just feels like driving a real car, hard to put my finger on exactly what it is but it just all comes together and is so satisfying and natural. In Pcars2 the Alfa would be effortlessly drifting all over the place and in iRacing it would randomly spin without warning. In AC if you get into the flow it'll reward you with a glorious 4 wheel drift.

Race 1 didn't go as planned for me, clipped the apex wall at Stowe early on and lost a lot of speed on the straights so quickly went down the field.

Race 2 got off better, made some places up by keeping it clean and had a really good race with @SharkyOB, unfortunately I turned in near the end when I didn't realise he was along side going into Stowe, sorry about that, but great racing none the less!

I'm certainly looking forward to doing some more classic content in AC. For me the 25 minute races are long enough, if anything a touch longer than they need to be, I definitely favour 20 minute races in real life to longer ones. In terms of the cars I'd want to sway towards cars around this pace or a bit slower, they're easy to pick up and race.

Users who are viewing this thread