RSR International Cup - Season 1 - Feedback Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
- TT before the Season need to be improved. I would opt for 3 different tracks with different characteristics. Because some drivers are slow on one track but fast on another and could be placed in the "wrong" split.
*- that's why I suggested 3 different TT's and have the average position as a reference.

That i mean, we have one season, we know how fast the Drivers are. Its easy to put the top in split 1 und the bottom of 1 in Split 2. To many TT i don't like. To be honest, i don't invest in TT much time to make here a good lap, for me is the race important.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That i mean, we have one season, we know how fast the Drivers are. Its easy to put the top in split 1 und the bottom of 1 in Split 2. To many TT i don't like. To be honest, i don't invest in TT much time to make here a good lap, for me is the race important.

Not necessarily, we can not take the BAC Mono performance for a complete other car. People tend to be faster in certain classes than others.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
True, but it would be a easy method for mixing the flied,

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
True, but it would be a easy method for mixing the flied,

AFAIK mixing the field is what we don't want here. If an alien ends up in a field of slow guys it'd be boring for him and frustrating for the slow ones. And if someone who would usually have been in mid-split 2 gets put into S1, a dropout is nearly inevitable.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
That would not happens, you would put only the bottom 30%from Split 1 to 2 and the top from split 2 to one. That would Balance the field very good imo.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can't take the M3 GT4 sadly cause it's stick shift, blame @miagi :p

And I think GT3/4 in general because they are blocked by official AOR and actrollvision leagues.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't take the M3 GT4 sadly cause it's stick shift, blame @miagi :p

And I think GT3/4 in general because they are blocked by official AOR and actrollvision leagues.
If it can't be the Beemer but we aren't limited by other leagues ( y tho?!) then I would want the AM V8 Vantage GT4, which has sequential paddles.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Aston would be awesome! I love this car!

IIRC SMS demanded something different than GTs for us to get the official league status. The Admins probably know more though :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How about rather than a TT an admin opens a lobby on what ever course set everything to TT conditions and locks default setup everyone gets an hour to do there fastest lap...

How about rather than a TT an admin opens a lobby on what ever course set everything to TT conditions and locks default setup everyone gets an hour to do there fastest lap...
Ahh wait i didnt think that through lol... Draft would be an issue lol never mind..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ahh wait i didnt think that through lol... Draft would be an issue lol never mind..

And what would happen if someone can't attend that day? Or is in vacation for 2 weeks? There will be again a TimeTrial for splitting up the lobby.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And what would happen if someone can't attend that day? Or is in vacation for 2 weeks? There will be again a TimeTrial for splitting up the lobby.
Obviously youd run a lobby more than just once.. But as i said it dont matter. Factor in draft etc and people can go faster making it unfair... I was just spit balling is all mate. :D:D;)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First thank you all for making this Season 1 possible. Especially the organisers, and all others who worked in the for- and background. It was great fun to race, but also challenging and educational. And It's always great to be surrounded by good people with similar interests!

My Feedback about the Season 1:
:) race distance, it's not too long and not too short.
:) tracks well chosen for this type of car and number of drivers. (you never race alone for long time)
:) race time and date, not too early in the evening, every 2 weeks is enough time for prepare and short enough for not forgetting about coming up event ;)
:) simple procedure, training, quali, race. (I mean some Ideas above are great with two shorter races where places were mixed or similar but mostly I think they are too complex for doing it in every event. Could be really great for special events!)
:) box stop: as mentioned it's great to have one because of the strategy element and the "real" race feeling.
:( box stop: the bugs :eek:
:( Teams had no effect to me

Ideas:
  • keep the box stop, but not require tyre change? (can this help minimize the bugs?)
  • more weather conditions (two or one slot per race is enough for this race length, but more variation)
  • keep it simple :)
  • Make Teams of two people like F1. This can be by choice or random. So we can make a Constructor championship :) This could be also a social component because the two can prepare with each other and share tuning/setup ideas if they like. But they don't need to. Perhaps it could be great if a "pro" and a "rookie" team up?
    (The idea came to me because @Blue Monkey helped me a lot at the beginning, thanks again :happy: )
  • as mentioned let one race not count against the championship (because of bugs and date collisions)

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting that league to be such a challenge and whatever is said, I think that every racer there deserve a medal! :pompous:

What I liked :stig::
  • The organization, streaming and comments was great.
  • The level was competitive and very close. That's what racing is about.
  • Most of the fights on track were fair and spectacular, something to be proud of.
  • The two weeks between every race. Excellent to rest and train between the races.
  • The race conditions variety.
  • The pit stop (though the tires did not worn enough to make it relevant with this car).
What I disliked :spiderman::
  • The damn pCars bugs. Too numerous and sometimes spoiling the fun.
  • The Teamspeak thing. I wasn't used to it and though it would be easy to catch. But hearing people talking, while I'm trying to get the last tenth out of the car was something I felt like an intrusion. However I do understand that some people appreciate it, that's just not my case.
  • The way the rules and penalties are managed. Typically, the rules should be explicit enough to prevent ambiguities and abusive uses. Then the decisions should rely on those rules, not on subjective topics.
  • The attitude of some (fortunately rare) players actually taking advantage of the sportsmanship of other players.
  • The size of the tracks, too small for my taste.
  • The fact that the stewards are only summoned on player's protests. I see this as an issue because players that have acquaintances, or playing in the same team, will probably never complain, even if they have reasons to. Also, there is little chance a newcomer will complain about an admin. At the same time some other players appears to be more than happy to fill a protest as soon as they can. This brings the 'race' at paperwork level, which is not compatible with my vision of racing. For this reason, I do think that rules enforcement shouldn't be left to the players.
  • The Monday evening schedule. I was convinced this was a great idea, but it actually totally killed my week following a race :D. For my case, Thursday would be better.
  • The 'open' track limit thing. I prefer the 'automatic penalty 5s' choice, even though this is a suboptimal solution. Hopefully it will be better in pCars 2.
A crazy idea :hilarious::
  • Why not using a different car for every race? We could even imagine that the next race track and car is randomly chosen, once the previous is finished. That would be unique ;)
In any case, keep going on with the great job! :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The feedback is awesome guys, keep it coming! :)

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Lets tag all the chaps from split 1 and split 2. Please do not hate me! :)

Hey man, you excluded me from the list for some reason. Any vendettas going on that I should be aware of? :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am innocent! :lurking:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey man, you excluded me from the list for some reason. Any vendettas going on that I should be aware of? :p
. You weren't the only one left out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread