PC2 Resolved RSR International Cup - Split 1 - Round 1 - Incorrect Starting Procedure P1 - P6 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blue Monkey

Date: 16.01.2017
Event: RSR International Cup - Season 1 Race 1 Lobby 1: Catalunya National
Members Involved: @Suomy @miagi @Puffpirat @Cluck @Alex Salmon @PatatorJohn

Description:

Approaching Turn 13 - Our Safety Car Driver @t0daY announced twice:
"Odds on the right, Evens on the left". Thats also written like this here in the Race 1 Thread for Lobby 1.
In the forum under Starting Procedure it clearly says:
  • At a pre-determined point on the track (usually on approach to the final corner) the race directors will instruct all drivers to make note of their position and to form up in double file formation. The speed of the formation will be also instructed by the race directors.
  • The side of the track that pole position will form up on will depend on the track. The rest of the field has to form up accordingly. This will always be worked so that the pole sitter has the racing line into the first turn.
  • Once the leader crosses the start/finish line (or other pre-agreed landmark at a limited number of tracks) he must announce “Green Green Green” clearly over teamspeak.
  • When “Green Green Green” is called by the leader all drivers may accelerate and also are allowed to overtake as the race officially begins.
So per definition & instructions (verbally but also written in the Race 1 thread) the lead car (@Suomy) should have lined up on the left side (on the racing line). Idk why, but P1 - P6 did it all wrong.

I was the first one to do it correctly and as far I see in my live replay, everyone behind me did it also correctly.

Additionally to mention: @Suomy did forget to say "Green Green Green"

Evidence:

Ps. I'm atm not sure if this really belongs to the steward room, just did it now because irl stewards would take care of this aswell.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
To all Split 1 members,

As you are aware, we had some confusion at the start of our opening race at Catalunya, regarding which side of the track the drivers should be on. Due to an oversight on the safety car's part, the call for "odds right, evens left" was made on the basis of the qualifying positions and not the current positions of the cars on track. With the safety car at the head of the field, P1 was now P2, P2 was P3 etc etc. The leading 6 drivers took up their correct positions, as per the qualifying results, but the remainder of the field was out of sync with this.

From race #2 onwards, the safety car will make the call based on the current driving positions.

We would also remind every member to ensure that they have fully read the race briefing, prior to attending the race, in particular the 'Starting Procedure'. This will now show the side you should form up on, taking into account the safety car. ie, if you qualified P3 (odds), you will line up as P4 (evens).

We would like to apologise for the confusion caused by the starting procedure and hope it did not spoil the race for anybody.

Closed for further comments @Suomy @MikeyTT @ramiboo @Cluck @Mr Beas @Laiders @jonnotheone @2scoops @Col_McCoy @Ashnoom @MelBonkers @Puffpirat @miagi @Photonenbert @Blue Monkey @PatatorJohn @Dama_The_Crow @FlyingKman @SillySausage @Alex Salmon @stolnikas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)