PC2 Resolved RSR International Cup - Split 1 - Round 1 - No New Tyres (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramiboo

IT Department
Staff
Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 16.01.2017
Event: RSR International Cup - Season 1 Race 1 Split 1: Catalunya National
Members Involved: @ramiboo

Description:
I've noticed after the event when watching recorded footage that my tyres weren't changed according to the Pit Strategy options. I was too focused on the race after my pitstop than looking at the tyres and because I pitted very late in the race I failed to realise the error. Looking back now the pit stop did seem to be quick, but it was only when MikeTT mentioned that I must have had a lightning stop that I reviewed the footage. I do not feel my 6th place finish is warranted so I'd like to get this to the stewards to make a decision so the results are fair.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the available footage, your advantage gained by not taking new tyres was approximately 12 seconds. Although we fully understand that this was through no fault of your own AND that you came forward to report this yourself, we cannot disregard the matter out of hand - to do so would set a dangerous precedent for the remainder of the season.

As such, we are applying a retrospective 10-second penalty to your race time. As a result of this penalty, your finishing position will now be 8th instead of 6th.

It is regrettable that we have to apply this penalty but we hope you understand and appreciate why it is necessary. Are you happy to release this publicly? If you refuse the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

ramiboo

IT Department
Staff
Reaction score
Steam
View
Fully understand and have no problem taking the time penalty. Happy for this thread to be publicly viewable as is the normal process in case this helps anyone else.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Closed for further comments @ramiboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)