PC2 Resolved RSR International Cup - Split 1 - Round 3 - Not taking a Mandatory Pitstop (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi

Steward
Reaction score
Date: 13.02.17
Event: International Cup - Season 1 - Split 1 - R3: Sakitto
Members Involved: @Blue Monkey
Description: In the beginning of lap 29 I was 22s behind P6. End of lap 32 it was below 20s. At the beginning of lap 35 the gap was below 19s.
My pit-stop cost me 33.8s. A regular or even risky pit stop with tire change takes about 30s. It's 28-29 seconds on the following lap an about 1-3 s on the in lap depending on how risky the players pulls in.
After the race Monkey claimed that his move was legit but I don't think so. He pitted in ''lap 37'' but that is not part of the race, he didn't switch tires and in the end got a 30s advantage. Also if he had pitted before, he would have been lapped my Puffpirate as well. So he would have finished after 35 laps not after 36.

Evidence:

Gap towards the end of the race.

My Pace and what I lost on pitting

Two pit stop Tests:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

Relevant part of the video starts 2:26
First proof is that I requested pit stop nearly every lap and it says pitstop occupied
You see the last 1.5 lap + my pit settings + my lap times from 14 - 23 + 27 + 32 + 34 (35 you see in the video) to compare and see how much time I lost because of the tires ...
(sry can't cut the video in half - atm I get an Internal Server Error on Youtube when trying to edit the video at all)

As you can see since lap 19 i nearly pressed every lap the pit request button to see if it was not occupied anymore.
As I heard of the troubles multiple drivers had I decided to risk nothing and pit in the very last lap (technically I was in the pitentry before the race was over) as Manu himself said shortly before the race that you can pit in the last lap.

I had at the end of the race (4:45 in my vid) a 17.918 sec lead over miagi before he finished a lap down
33.8-17.9 = 15.9 sec missing from my side

Because I couldn't change tire I lost imo a lot more time than 15.9 sec.
After lap 19, I drove low 1:12s and then the laptime got worse gradually going up into the mid 1:13s.
Comparing with miagi I lost over 1.5 sec per lap in the beginning (Lap 19 onwards) and over 2 sec per lap towards the end

Being fair I take 1.5 sec as a calculation base:
1.5 sec x 16 Laps = 24 sec

That would also mean I would still stay ahead of miagi

Last edited by a moderator:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the available footage, @Blue Monkey entered the pits on the last lap of the race, but he technically did not enter his pit box until after the race had concluded. The standard retrospective penalty will not alter the final standings. This does not, in the stewards view, represent a fair outcome.

The stewards have rejected @Blue Monkey's mitigating circumstances - namely the nature of the pit stop problems - because every driver faced the same risk in this race, with 4 drivers having to retire entirely. Furthermore, other drivers had reported the same "pit box occupied" message in Round 2 and were able to pit successfully.

Normally the correct penalty for this case would be a DQ but given the special circumstances leading to this case, we have decided against such a harsh penalty. In coming to our decision, we have not ignored @Blue Monkey's point that his pace will have dropped, as a result of not pitting for fresh tyres, but there can be no way of ascertaining his true pace had he pitted. We can not, therefore, take tyre performance into account when applying the penalty. The Stewards decision is that @Blue Monkey will be penalised with a 1 lap + 20 second penalty. This results in @Blue Monkey now finishing in 7th position.

In this particular case we have to release this enquiry to the public (without questioning) for a better clarification of the mandatory pitstop. The rules will be adjusted accordingly.

Closed for further comments. @miagi @Blue Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)