PC2 Resolved RSR International Cup - Split 1 - Round 5 - Ungentlemanly Conduct (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTT

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 13/03/17
Event: International Cup - Round #5
Members Involved: @MelBonkers
Description: In reviewing the footage of last nights race, I noticed an incident I did not pick up on at the time.

We've just exited T1 and heading down to T2. As Mo turns in to T2 he loses control (slightly) and I nudge him from behind and take the place. I should have yielded the position, but I just did not realise at the time.

I'm reporting myself, basically because some of the driving standards in the field, at the moment are getting worse, and there were several incidents tonight, where I was hit from behind and banged into down the straight, which I'm really not happy about. If I'm to criticise others driving standards then I must also do the same with mine.

Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
First of all hats off to @MikeyTT for mentioning the touch. I felt the touch, but tbh as I slightly lost control of the my car I know it wasn't intentional. So in my opinion I don't see a penalty needed for this situation.

EDIT: But I have to agree that driving standards are a little bit on edge in the recent races.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The stewards thank @MikeyTT for his honesty in raising this incident, it is in the true spirit of RSR. Although this type of incident might expect to carry a penalty of some nature, the affected driver (@MelBonkers) has expressed no desire to see such a penalty applied. It is also clear that @MikeyTT only became aware of the incident occurring after reviewing his own race footage. As such, the stewards decision is that no further actions will be taken.

We would, however, like to remind drivers of their responsibilities in the event of race collisions, as per the Driving Standards under Race Incidents & Accidents

"Should your actions result in another driver being knocked, pushed or shunted off the track, you must slow down and wait for them to re-join the race and take back their position"

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@MikeyTT @MelBonkers

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Thanx Manu. I think it's actually good if we made this publicly. Hopefully other drivers will learn from this as well.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)