Assetto Corsa Competizione RSR/PRD Endurance Crossover - Trial Race (1 Viewer)

RSR/PRD Endurance Crossover - Trial Race
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, May 10, 2020 - 17:00
Until: Sunday, May 10, 2020 - 22:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

OJRacing

Community Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed my first ever race on ACC. In practice I had the pace to be right with the front 2 but just couldn't do it in the server as my fps really suffered and cost me the confidence to really push. So I had to play it safe.

I had a good fight with @OJRacing for a good portion of the first stint trying to get past, In the end I think he let me go? Then after a while I was surprised when I looked at the hud to see I was in 3rd place and only around 6 seconds behind p2. I decided I would be very happy with a podium in a field of around 40 after having the game not much more than a day.

Once I pitted I was horrified to see the stop would take well over a minute! I didn't think I had any damage so never checked the pit stop settings while driving. I was pretty disappointed and decided I would just try and get as far back up the field as I could knowing any chance of a decent result was long gone after going from 3rd when I entered the pits to somewhere around 20th when I exited.

I passed a few cars on my way back up until I got to @Battenberg. As he said he really made me work for it, I was trying absolutely everything, round the outside, cutbacks...everything. But he was placing his car so well I could never get enough of a run at him to make anything stick. Eventually I think a cutback worked out of the hairpin but I misjudged the width of the car in the next turn and there was a slight bit of contact but gave him the place back and I think I got a run out of the chicane the next lap and managed to get past.

Really enjoyed that fight and the racing in this game. Hopefully I can figure something out for a few extra fps on large grids and am looking forward to doing more.

PS. Does anyone know how to get the hud to show in vr recordings?

Yes, we had a great close battle in the first stint but you were definitely faster, especially in the third sector. There was still over an hour left of the race so I thought it better to let you pass and then get pulled along.

You had really good pace so I just couldn't keep with you. PS thanks for not dive-bombing me into the final chicane! :happy:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
By default pitstops also fix your suspension and bodywork...you'll need to untick those options during the race (usually best to do it on the parade lap).
You might have had some suspension damage from heavy bumping on kerbs, that's my guess. Other than that, pitstop timer should only take 30sec.

There is an option in game to change the ammount of recording time of your replay, by the looks of of it, those replays were set to 1hour max. Just change it to something bigger and you'll have the full race the next time :).

I did not save my replay, so no help from me :/.

For some reason 1h15minutes is the maximum replay length.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can bind a hotkey for 'Save replay' and hit it when you are in the pits. Then it saves the first stint and afterwards you can save the second part of the race ;)
Just put the replay length to 1h15min and then don't forget to save the replay every 1h15min :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
You can bind a hotkey for 'Save replay' and hit it when you are in the pits. Then it saves the first stint and afterwards you can save the second part of the race ;)
Just put the replay length to 1h15min and then don't forget to save the replay every 1h15min :)
Maybe I can use the same button as the starter, that way when I start the car at the end of the pit stop it will also save the replay?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe I can use the same button as the starter, that way when I start the car at the end of the pit stop it will also save the replay?
Don't think you can map two different functions to one button. But you could maybe map the 'Save replay' button to a long press of the starter, then it's still at least on the same button :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't think you can map two different functions to one button. But you could maybe map the 'Save replay' button to a long press of the starter, then it's still at least on the same button :)

I think you can?

Looks at this doc under controls and navigation setup.

You have a "shift" and a "extended press" feature so you can map more controls to one button.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think you can?

Looks at this doc under controls and navigation setup.

You have a "shift" and a "extended press" feature so you can map more controls to one button.

Yeah thats what I meant with 'long press' of the button. But if I understand @ramiboo correct he wanted two functions (starter + Save replay) binded to one button press. So that you can press the starter for a second after the pitstop and the game starts the engine again and the replay is also saved ;-)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
These are my current settings for VR. Can't hold 90fps all the time, especially at the race start, but with only a few cars visible during the race my 1080Ti can hold the 90fps quite a lot of time.
These screenshots are from 2D, so VR Pixel Density does not work. I run 60% Res Scale and 200% Pixel Density, as this can give a little bit of performance boost as shading and so are done to the lower res picture. For streaming this is not useful as the screen mirror scale does not fit the monitor size anymore (you see all the time just the top left corner of the picture and thats the car roof :confused:)
For streaming I would use 100% Res Scale and 120-130% Pixel Density.

VR_Settings1.pngVR_Settings2.pngVR_Settings3.png

Cheers,
Dom

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
These are my current settings for VR. Can't hold 90fps all the time, especially at the race start, but with only a few cars visible during the race my 1080Ti can hold the 90fps quite a lot of time.
These screenshots are from 2D, so VR Pixel Density does not work. I run 60% Res Scale and 200% Pixel Density, as this can give a little bit of performance boost as shading and so are done to the lower res picture. For streaming this is not useful as the screen mirror scale does not fit the monitor size anymore (you see all the time just the top left corner of the picture and thats the car roof :confused:)
For streaming I would use 100% Res Scale and 120-130% Pixel Density.

View attachment 8969View attachment 8970View attachment 8971

Cheers,
Dom
FINALLY I understand why my picture in stream was always showing the top hand cornere. I was running Res sceal 120% and that means that it's off. Now I run 100% res scale and 120% vr pixel density. Thanx for the insight!

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
What is your full name? Determined Hangman
Which community are you racing for? RSR
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Users who are viewing this thread