Project CARS 2 RSR / PRD Sprint Series - R1: Red Bull Ring (1 Viewer)

RSR / PRD Sprint Series - R1: Red Bull Ring
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 19:30
Until: Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wonder why? :angelic:

Explained it to you already in steam, happy to do it here as well. Reason behind it, we have drop outs and incoming reserve drivers. That means:
  • Initial groups of 6 might decrease by 1 to 2 drivers
  • Reserve Drivers are joining directly group 6 (therefore atm only 2 drivers in it)
I am usually doing my homework, any further questions honey? :p

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
In time darling, in time! :cat:
And now we better stop or @Cluck will put on his Admin-Hat again...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi guys. Really sorry for the late reply. I’ll let other reserves race tonight. Have a great race.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 3 start server sync issues which demolished my car
(looks like @wrxbuddy was completely offsync for me and his car was an invisible obstacle on track. On replay however we can see his car stationary and partly sunk into the ground and other cars jump over him)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is my race 1 and 2

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a pretty rough night
Missed my qualify group call, wrecked once, then got pcared twice

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Was quite surprised to see this league didn't have any commentators. But watching some of the streams I got the feeling that the server was a little too full. Especially when there was 4 cars side by side with a 5th trying to sneak in more often than not on multiple occasions

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Red Flag! Red Flag!

Well, seems I didn't miss much in Race 2 and 3. Online-Lobby style.

That was a disappointing night, to say the least:
1. Obviously I got Pcar'ed again, as the car felt and behaved totally different than in the (Online-) practice sessions.
2. The new shoot-out qualy is interesting, but trying to put in your fastest lap on nearly cold tires is feeling totally off. It's even harder, when you were not able to join the open practice session and are not warmed up properly. I was nearly 2 seconds off of what I was able to do consistently in practice, but that may also be connected to 1.)
3. Due to the longer driver briefing (which was necessary to explain the new Q-mode though), we began to race later than scheduled, which in the end meant to race till around 11pm to make it through all 3 races. This is, at least for me, a huge NO with regard to get up for work at 5:30 the next morning. Hopefully we can improve this in the next rounds, otherwise I will have to skip the 3rd race in every round, which would render my participation futile.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my video. I had a rough start to the evening with wrong tyre pressures, but once that was sorted I got progressively more consistent as the night went on. I ran out of time to finish my setup, so the car was a drift machine in the chicanes, which probably helped make my car even wider than it already was! Pole for race 3 was a great help, but I just didn't have the pace to stay there. Good thing I like defensive driving. Thanks for the great racing all, especially @Fiskerton at the end!

The opening laps in each race looked rough from the other videos, but I managed to get away without any damage in race 1 & 2 despite starting in the thick of it. Maybe I got lucky, but maybe I also picked my battles and knew when to err on the side of caution. Quite a few 1st lap heroes around last night.

7:20 - Botched qualy lap. Will start R1 27th.
25:10 - Race 1 start. Recovered to as high as 14th, until...
39:00 - Spin after minor contact at T1. Over correction on my part, so 50/50 my fault. Down to 22nd. Eventually recover to P17.
1:20:50 - Race 2 start, starting P17. Very good opening laps, soon well into the top
1:24:20 - Getting into a close battle for P6 with bossman...
1:25:43 - ...Until I try to match the Ginetta's braking point, down to P18. New target: 10th (for race 3 pole).
1:28:48 - Nice battles from here onwards.
1:32:30 - A great demonstration of the differing strengths of the cars in the class. A great move by Eugene, immediately undone by Aston grunt, and then regained by superior braking of the KTM!
1:36:50 - Fab unlaps himself in style, followed by spooking Eugene off the track.
1:45:40 - The sound of a chance at P10! The hunt begins...
1:47:43 - Battle for R3 pole, Steve as defiant as ever.
2:05:45 - Race 3 start, from pole position.Lots of quicker guys behind, all aboard the thiccy train!
2:11:43 - Crew chief jinxes me, a mistake loses me 2 places. Also note the odd lag spike in the mirror.
2:12:53 - The same mistake a lap later (brake balance too far back), triggering some close action.
2:25:25 - Fiskerton behind within attacking range, super close battle to the end!
2:26:05 - Things suddenly get complicated, up to P5 (just).
2:37:10 - Door to door for P5, heading onto the final lap!

Last edited:

Satchel_Charge

Community Member
Reaction score
The only real incident I had yesterday was being part of the two huge crashes... a shame especially because it looks like lag caused both of them.

In the race 2 crash wrxbuddy and I were right at the center of it and what should have been a mild brushing of doors actually saw us go flying off in separate directions (see miagi's vid), and then race 3 was obviously 100% a lag issue :confused:

Still I had fun overall ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hopefully we can improve this in the next rounds, otherwise I will have to skip the 3rd race in every round, which would render my participation futile.

We will adjust the schedule, was quite late for me aswell yesterday

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 and 3 POVs. I had company almost all the way for both races. Too many things happened to highlight them. Really enjoyable races.

Race 2 summary in one clip:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Race 1 and 3 POVs. I had company almost all the way for both races. Too many things happened to highlight them. Really enjoyable races.

Just watched the first few min of race one, kinda looked like I was holding up the whole group there...:rolleyes::p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
With a few incidents the race was very good in my opinion.
I think everyone had people to race with, and was thoroughly challenged regardless of their pace.

The are some awareness things that I believe we need to work on (4 wide into a corner that barely takes 2 wide), but I believe we should see it get much better from here. (Unless people will try to go 4 wide through the Donnington chicane ;)).

Looking forward to the next one!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
One thing to add to your comment on awareness @GosuNoob is I can understand that the PRD guys might not be racing regularly with as big distances and latency between players as we often do but keeping a buffer zone between cars (mainly higher ping players like me, particularly in braking zones) is a good idea. I got punted off from the rear three times at this event, all PRD members who on their screen never made contact but obviously would have seen me get “hit” by an invisible car. No hate, I’m not accusing, just something we unfortunately have to be aware of in the future when it comes to pCARS 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread