Project CARS 2 RSR / PRD Sprint Series - R5: Willow Springs (1 Viewer)

RSR / PRD Sprint Series - R5: Willow Springs
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Class: GT4
Track: Willow Springs Raceway

Date: Sunday, 20th January 2018
18:00 UTC - Optional Practice
19:00 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:10 UTC - Qualifying
19:30 UTC - Race 1
20:00 UTC - Race 2
20:30 UTC - Race 3

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race 1
20th January 2018
Real Time
Real Time

15 mins
14:00
Clear

5 + 25 mins
15:00
Clear
Race 2
20th January 2018
Real Time
Real Time

Top 10 Reversed Grid
-
-

5 + 25 mins
16:00
Heavy Cloud
Race 3
20th January 2018
Real Time
Real Time

Top 10 Reversed Grid
-
-

5 + 25 mins
17:00
Random
Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Jamesl91

Available Reserves
-

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In-game date seems to be copied from the last round.
Is it going to March again, or January this time, because there is no snow?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
January. Did a quick copy paste because I am at work. Will edit it shortly :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
No one-lap-shoot-out qualy this time?

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The decision was made from last round onwards to do regular qualifying.
Why is this? I liked the one-lap-shoot-out. Made it way more intens.

Edit: just asking, don't mean it in a mean way.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Why is this? I liked the one-lap-shoot-out. Made it way more intens.

Edit: just asking, don't mean it in a mean way.
I’m not 100% sure but I think it was just a test initially and we wanted to cut down on time as we were struggling to get through 3 races in a sensible timeframe. @t0daY will know for sure though.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3 races with one-lap shootout, 3 races normal qualifying. Just to test both and see what the future brings :)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just for information - I'll be there as Reserve Driver.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
3 races with one-lap shootout, 3 races normal qualifying. Just to test both and see what the future brings :)
Oww okay! Btw won't be able to make it this sunday. Sorry!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m not able to race tonight’s as will be travelling back from my parents

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a disconnect in the starting formation for R2. I'm out for R3.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
So, so sorry for missing this one and not letting anyone know. I had every intention of being there but it turns out Daytona killed me. I went to bed expecting to wake up for the finish but it seems it was the sleep of the dead and I don’t even remember hearing my three alarms for that let alone for this event too. Apologies again, especially my teammate @Taorminator :(

ovivoJR

Community Member
Reaction score
That was most likely some of the best racing I have had in PC2 so far. Two podiums and a TKO. Great drive by @fab. ICEMAN and @ProjectPD and all other drivers. Here are the defining moments of my evening. Although all of them are crashes its was great racing :cool:

1st race TKO:

2nd race Nice battle with Iceman and PD:

3rd race 1st major crash:

3rd race 2nd major crash:

Last edited:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for the incident in the 3rd Race in Turn 3. It was partly my fault. Fiskerton was going wide on my right side and I left him space to rejoin, but perhaps just not enough. He touched the back of my car and I couldn't catch it.
Sorry @Fiskerton for that - else we had many clean and fair fights in all three races i think :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tbink i may just give up with pcars lol..
Firstly thank you to the admins for letting me attend.
Race 2 started out great started dead last ended up 11th or 12th i think only to realise my car was struggling in left hand corners and after 2 laps i was at the rear again lol. i tried to plod on but it was having none of it so retired.. Checked my setup turns out i had a bloody wet tire on the rear right(must of been drunk when i made that setup lol)there was my big issue and i didnt have to pay a pound to get it lol. . So race 3... Sorted my ruddy tire and was in good spirits gained a few spots on 1st corner im sure i may of made contact with a ktm and who ever it was i really am sorry if it was my fault. I ended up worse off lol 1st corner made up a few spots end of the 1st corner i lost em all again 3 laps in and my rift decided it wanted to see my roast dinner id not long ate and started to give me some weird double vision when moving my head causing some real bad nausea i had to retire or id of been cleaning up 2nd hand roast chicken... So all in all pcars and me dont seem to get on lol..great fun none the less.

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finished off Daytona 24, took a break, 4 laps of practice with Nooonotreally's setup from PRD's pre-season race from a year ago before race……
And finished P4 in race 3, the highest I've been in RSR
This might be the strongest track for #AMRpower on the calendar, I can pull a half second gap against other cars on straight line with highest downforce.
Also good racing from my teammate Battenberg who also ran the 24. We scored lots of points this race.
Very close to my first podium this time. Hope I can get it soon.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really good races yesterday! The sheer Ginetta power was unbelievable strong yesterday. 15 mins before the driver briefing I changed my mind and decided to still do the races. With 4 laps of practice I went into qualifying and got straight surprised by jumping onto pole.

Race 1 went flawless, Race 2 was very interesting with the battle between @ovivoJR @ProjectPD and me. Unlucky that PD lost a little traction at the last corner exit while I was trying to overtake around the outside, turning us into highspeed lawn mowers. We both almost had to do an unscheduled pit there :D

Race 3 was even more exciting. Second corner I followed a seemingly confused @GosuNoob into the grass without any contact. :D While preparing myself to re-enter the track, the gods of fortunes were with me as suddenly a car did a cork-backside-three-sixty in front of me:

I drove into 2nd quite quickly, but Noonotreally already built a decend gap of around 8 or 9 seconds. I was trying my very best to catch him but the gap was not shrinking as quickly as the races before. I still had hope to be at least be in reach of his draft before the last couple of laps, but then all of a sudden my PC had a heart attack and gave me huges freezes. (Daytona was too much for him - I had at least a couple of hours sleep :D ) I was unable to keep control of the car and lost it into the dirt, putting me back to P5. In the end I'm very happy to still have scored P2!

Users who are viewing this thread