Screen flashing on start up (1 Viewer)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The past 2 days when I start up my PC, the screen keeps falling out and starting up directly after each other for 1-2 min straight.

Anybody knows what can cause this?

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What GPU and Driver you running? Did you update your GPU Driver recently? What kind of flashing do you have? What starts up every 1-2 min, the Screen or the PC?

I think I have the same problem currently. I updated my AMD Driver and for some reason the GPU cannot produce a picture on my main screen when coming onto the Windows log-in screen (it switches from very dark to light dark every few seconds). ATM I can only help myself by either turning off/on monitor or restart the GPU Driver by pressing WINDOWS+CTRL+SHIFT+B. I will probably have to switch to an older GPU Driver again or try out the newest optional one.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and I did update my driver like a week ago.
It is my screen that keeps starting up when I start up the PC and it is the same as you say, on the windows log-in screen. I try to fix it by pulling my HDMI cable out of my screen of pc and put it right back in and then I knock a few times on my screen and PC :p

Do you know what it could be?

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's definitely the GPU driver. But I have no clue what causes the issues... :/

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Why is it always like this when new drivers come out or windows does an update :(

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The screen flashing went from bad to worst... Now it just happens on random moments, I missed the second round for the cup now.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mate i have the exact same gpu and im having issues since windows update and nvidia update i cant figure out what one is doing it. Mine is not as bad as the flickering mine keeps changing my resolution and its really annoying iv been in touch with nvida and all i got back was they are aware of such issues and are working to resolve it.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea....I found out yesterday what was wrong. Turned out to be my screen that is broken, I plugged me tv in and it has no problem.
Post automatically merged:

Mate i have the exact same gpu and im having issues since windows update and nvidia update i cant figure out what one is doing it. Mine is not as bad as the flickering mine keeps changing my resolution and its really annoying iv been in touch with nvida and all i got back was they are aware of such issues and are working to resolve it.
I hope you can figure out your problem!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread