Project CARS 2 Setup save (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how this new setup setting save works in PC2, because when I do TT for example, I go in Tuning option and save new setup in new slot or existing. After that I go in practice session, and that setup is not there or vice versa (from practice session to TT). How this works?

It supposed to be same setup setting for all options (TT, practice, Online.....)?

MBullock

Community Member
Reaction score
It should save it. There should be a track list on the left, click that and it should be in there. I like testing and tuning in TT because my tires are instantly up to speed coming to the start/finish line. I do know others on the pcars forums are having setup save issues.

G

Gopher04

Have to agree the save setup option is messed up, for starters you have to save to a new slot everytime, even if your just adjusting the same setup, it just doesn't save to overwriting the same slot, half the time the tyre pressure's don't save for some reason, and like Dama has said you go to a different session and they seem too become invisible..

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Have to agree the save setup option is messed up, for starters you have to save to a new slot everytime, even if your just adjusting the same setup, it just doesn't save to overwriting the same slot, half the time the tyre pressure's don't save for some reason, and like Dama has said you go to a different session and they seem too become invisible..
I have to disagree, the only problem I have is opening setups, I have to then save it again over the setup I’ve loaded and it works fine.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
So basically, something is not right.
Every time I did was save over exising file, and next session I have same tyre pressures as before saving. because there is no "Garage" like in first Project cars, I coul'd not check setup before entering some of the gameplay options.
Still, some times was no specific tracks in left "window" only all tracks option, and when I exit and enter game again there were tracks....(?)

OK, I'll just save to new slot same name every time.

Thank you

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Never use the option "Save over existing Setup". It is buggy at the moment.

Select "Save new setup" , after that u can click on setups which are already available and save over them.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another bug discovered on setups (probably only on my side)

Once you save a setup for a specific track, you quit the game and re-enter the game, then the set up will be moved to "all tracks", and you won't be able to save new modification on that setup.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Quitting the whole game or just leaving the session and restarting it (e.g. leaving Timetrial, back into main menu of the game, rejoining Timetrial)?

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quitting the whole game or just leaving the session and restarting it (e.g. leaving Timetrial, back into main menu of the game, rejoining Timetrial)?
Quitting whole game

G

Gopher04

This save setup problem is really starting to niggle me, it's bad enough having to create a new setup slot everytime and not overwriting old ones, but some of the new ones are vanishing altogether, I made 4 slots for Knockhill, labelled them 1 to 4 just so I new the difference, restarted a session and 2 and 4 have vanished, other times you load a setup, and then on track it's loaded the default one.
Although PC2 is a improvement, I find it hard to believe once again they have released it with so many bugs again, yes no release is perfect, but seriously who again was testing again, and was anyone taking any notice again.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
With the following routine I never had any issues:

- Always create new setup
- When entering setup menu watch out if your setup is loaded or default (loose) setup is loaded. If your previously used setup isn't loaded but the default one, get out of setup menu and re-enter it and have a look if your setup is loaded correctly now (if not, repeat the steps). As soon as your correct setup is loaded the whole setup screen works without any problems for me (the correct setup is loaded, saving and loading new setups works correct then, at least for me)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can overwrite setups. I said it already above.
Select "Save new setup" , after that u can click on setups which are already available and overwrite them.

Also @Gopher04 your setups did not vanish, when you are loading your setups on the left side is a list. Change it to "All tracks" and they are back. There is currently a problem that saved setups are moved out of the specific track and moved into the list "All tracks".

G

Gopher04

Yeh I know about the selection on the left, but trust me when I say they are not anywhere, and I have tried overwriting many times and it does not hold, when you go back and reload that setup it is back to where it was before overwriting.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay, that is very weird. I will have a look at WMD2 if there is anything about it already. Stay tuned and don't run away! ;) :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Trust me @Gopher04 it's been mentioned during development, often, basically for every TT or race event we did.

But there were higher priority things to fix. I hope it does get fixed soon though, for the LMP3 event I had like 20 setups and in TT I have to restart every odd time so my setups come back, sometimes the list is just empty or certain iterations of my setups are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread