Should I Upgrade Gear? (1 Viewer)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Been getting way more into sim racing recently and looking to upgrade from my G29 to a $600~ Fanatec setup. Anyone else made the switch? Worth it?

Also anyone know if the load cell kit is worth it?

Open to recommendations :p

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Probably the most important thing. I'm going for load-cell pedals this/next month as I'm loosing time on braking the most.
Trying to do a proper trailbraking with potenciometer is a matter of guesswork :D

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Probably the most important thing. I'm going for load-cell pedals this/next month as I'm loosing time on braking the most.
Trying to do a proper trailbraking with potenciometer is a matter of guesswork :D

Hm. Do the pedals have no resistance other wise? Like do they just kinda flop loosely around?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Been getting way more into sim racing recently and looking to upgrade from my G29 to a $600~ Fanatec setup. Anyone else made the switch? Worth it?

Open to recommendations :p

I did it and switched from a G29 to a Fanatec CSL Elite with the V3inverted pedals. And imo, it was well worth it. If you can, go for the load cell without a doubt. You won't regret it.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
I did it and switched from a G29 to a Fanatec CSL Elite with the V3inverted pedals. And imo, it was well worth it. If you can, go for the load cell without a doubt. You won't regret it.

Thanks for the input, definitely think I'm gonna spring for it especially with the McLaren GT3 wheel out. Only thing is I'm unsure if the desk clamp for the wheel base will be big enough, so I'll measure that up.

Users who are viewing this thread