Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Here is my office, I could do with a coffee machine.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That looks damn fantastic @2scoops. When I visit the UK I will definitely come around just to say "hi" (and secretly I just want to drive this pure awesomeness thing :O)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since my Diana Rigg pic wasn't appreciated (sorry Manu :eek:), I thought I'd better post a real rig shot. The room is a bit of a mess at the mo but, now that my brother has moved out, I have extra space to dump the loft-bed and move my rig around to be a little easier to work with.

Monitor is now approaching 10 years old, soon to be replaced by a 28" 4K job. Not that I use the monitor for racing, it's only use in pCARS / pCARS2 these days is for screenshots :eek:.

EDIT : This is my spare bedroom, I don't sleep in here. Still can't believe they had the cheek to call it a bedroom when I bought the place, the only way to fit a bed in it was to get a loft-bed (imagine a bunk-bed without the lower part!) and saw one of the legs off.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol cluck gets the messy room award lol..thats a 1000 points to cluck..

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Gopher do you move the monitors closer to your wheel when you race?

G

Gopher04

Gopher do you move the monitors closer to your wheel when you race?

I was waiting for someone to ask about that, in one word nope, it does look further away in the pic, and bright lights kill my eyes after I got industrial bleach in them years ago, yeh it is abit far away for most, but it works for me, its a 27" but I do have plan to bring them nearer, but can't be arsed right now as the supports for the top monitor goes through the desk, so there's abit of work.

Last edited by a moderator:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
2scoops wins sexiest setup award so far in my books. That's gorgeous dude!

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Here you go, you just need to use your imagination :)

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but how do i upload pics from my pc? o_O

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
some beautiful setups here guys :) well done!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Stupid question, but how do i upload pics from my pc? o_O

Attachements were disabled duo some issues. They are now enabled again :) There should be now a "Upload a file" button next to "Post reply"

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
I finally found time to post my Simrig :)

I started to design my Rig in 3D and then made drawings of it (thrust me I'm an engineer :D)

Simrig_V5.jpg

Then I started building it with old wood planks I had at home.

DSC_0201.jpg

And this is the final result. It's not perfectly stable, but it is still very nice and I like it. The only problem is my TV which is to small, to old and to far away :(.

I'm using my laptop for gaming and my wheel is a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE with Thrustmaster T500RS Pedals and a TH8A Shifter.
I bought a used seat for 50€, it was originally from a Simrig called Speedmaster V2.

I plan to build a good desktop PC when I finish studying and can actually afford one. And then I will also replace the old TV with either three new ones or VR. But thats still far away.

IMG_20151206_134911.jpg

IMG_20151206_134837.jpg

That's an older picture with my old wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT), but with my laptop as second screen.

IMG_20140416_203436.jpg

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Haha, Iceman, cool stuff! I'm gonna do something similar to get a foldable rig that works with my comfy living room chairs (not an engineer, though)!

I even did some CAD on tinkerCAD.

Build is going to start in approximately two weeks.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Admire when people build their own stuff! Just the obvious question iceman :p why not build a small monitor stand directly behind the steering wheel? Was thinking just a plank to put the tv on it, would increase the immersion a lot :)

Last edited:

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't read your question because my monitor is blocked by my VR goggles.:watching:

Just to be clear and less snarky, I don't have them yet. New machine is on the way, though.

In the meantime I'm testing headtracking should I react adversely to VR (it worked fine for me... uh... 22 years ago :eek:), but you never know.

Should it not work I will probably play on my TV, which simply is too big to move around. As all my sim gaming is happening in my living room I don't have the space for a dedicated solution.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
LOL sorry the question was directed to iceman ;)

Edited my previous post :)

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Edited post to be less of an ass. Sorry, I have shoulder, Schätzelein. *grunz*

Users who are viewing this thread