Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I forgot that I hadn't posted anything further since my simlab box arrived. Rig Mk2 finally accomplished.
View attachment 6286

There are still a few bits to sort out; some cable tidying, some presentation work to do to the mounting plates for the pedals and shifter and finally connect up the 5.1/7.1 surround sound speakers. Overall I'm super happy, and looking forward to season 6 :D

Rig: Simlabs P1
Seat: Sparco Rev I
Shifter: Fanatec SQ1.5
Wheel/Pedals: Logitech 920 (!)
Button Box: Custom
Nice and cosy next to the heater :cat:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Exited Maybe I don't have the whole picture of this "problem", but why don't you just slap a PCI-E expansion card with USB ports into your machine? Shouldn't that eliminate all USB bandwidth issues?...serious question!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Make sure if you get an USB expansion slot that each port has its own dedicated chip. Otherwise you will run into the same issues.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I never had bandwidth problems, maybe I’m lucky :) but I also had the old old rift with only one sensor.

IIRC you can have 10 USB ports and they still share two, maybe three controllers. Worth looking at the MoBo manual :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I never had bandwidth problems, maybe I’m lucky :) but I also had the old old rift with only one sensor.

IIRC you can have 10 USB ports and they still share two, maybe three controllers. Worth looking at the MoBo manual :)

Yeah some mobo's are finicky when it comes to this stuff. Just depends on who you go with.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Exited Maybe I don't have the whole picture of this "problem", but why don't you just slap a PCI-E expansion card with USB ports into your machine? Shouldn't that eliminate all USB bandwidth issues?...serious question!
Yeah this was the solution for most of the people with USB bandwidth problems. So that's definitely a solution for this problem. There is even one PCI-E USB card which has proven to be very good for the Rift sensors.
Problem on my side is, that I already have a WLAN PCI Card in my PC as I don't have onboard WLAN on the motherboard. With the GTX 1080Ti the 2nd PCI slot is almost hidden. Maybe it could fit but then the radiator of the 1080 has little to no breathing room for cooling... Will see, probably gonna pick up a new Ryzen 3000 in the summer and will get a MB with WLAN then to have the option to stick an additional PCI card in.

Thanks for the answer, yeah will check the MB manual. Right now I tried to separate the sensors and other USB stuff to the various 2.0 and 3.0 ports. So I have wheel and one sensor at usb 3.0, the other sensor and the mouse/keyboard on usb 2.0... maybe I need to check that aswell :)

SGTsimo

Community Member
Reaction score
Just joined, and thought that now you have shown me your I should show you mine :oops:

The rig I designed myself by looking at others and just making it up as I went along.
I called in to a local aluminium profile supplier and just 'guessed' what I needed.
Needless to say I was a mile out, so had to make several journeys.
Still, it only cost me about £300.

My steering wheel is an Accuforce V2 DD wheel.
Pedals Fanatec V3 and a Fanatec handbrake.
An SST shifter (note, on the correct side :cool:).
And my newest addition a full motion SFX100 system.

Post automatically merged:

To be honest, the SFX100 has only been completed less than a week and is still evolving.
I have now stuck some more carbon fibre on the actuators to see if I like it or not (it does connect everything together, but I am still unsure).

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Upgrade Time :) - 2019

A huge thank you to @Puffpirat for coming over (3 1/2 hour drive) and help me building this rig. We sacrificed a lot of beer to build this up properly ;)

On the bottom you can find my rig history, starting with 2014 :D

2019_1.jpg
2019_2.jpg

2019_3.jpg

Attachments

• 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 2015_1.jpg
    2015_1.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 2015_2.jpg
    2015_2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 369
  • 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 2017_1.jpg
    2017_1.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 2017_2.jpg
    2017_2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 411
  • 2017_3.jpg
    2017_3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 390

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Motion baby...yeah!

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you say that.

and i am a real pilot

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I haven't posted my setup here yet, but yesterday I changed my whole room and cleaned it out a bit and now might be a good time to post a nice little picture of it.

The view form out of my bed...

(My wheel is somewhere stored away since I don't play that much anymore)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't posted my setup here yet, but yesterday I changed my whole room and cleaned it out a bit and now might be a good time to post a nice little picture of it.
View attachment 7611

The view form out of my bed...
View attachment 7612

(My wheel is somewhere stored away since I don't play that much anymore)
I want YOU to mount your wheel back on!
Also : nice flag ;)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
you have a very good taste of MotoGP riders ;)
Thanks to my uncle he got le in to it, and now I recently heard he is a fan of Lando Norris, he got even more interesting

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks to my uncle he got le in to it, and now I recently heard he is a fan of Lando Norris, he got even more interesting
whos not a fan of Lando, hes an legend and future start along with leclerc and max

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
whos not a fan of Lando, hes an legend and future start along with leclerc and max
I can t help thinking of him as Lando Caldrissian, the original owner of the Millenium Falcon, what s cooler than that? :p

Users who are viewing this thread