Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
thats not too bad. i find sometimes my pedals move a bit when i put enough pressure on them. hence thinking about a rig. where did you get yours from?
It's this one:

The seat is this:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see the prices and it's depressing that it's out of my range, I'd love to have a rig or something like a cockpit as my current one has so much flex :banghead:
Does anyone have or know any blueprints for DIY rigs? (that also don't cost 500 euros :woot:)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I see the prices and it's depressing that it's out of my range, I'd love to have a rig or something like a cockpit as my current one has so much flex :banghead:
Does anyone have or know any blueprints for DIY rigs? (that also don't cost 500 euros :woot:)
I posted mine way back earlier in the thread and was very cheap to build. Been meaning to make a mk2 with larger profile wood and a bit better finished but this one has served me fine for a good few years and I don’t have a lot of free time at the moment.

Picked up the wood from a local hardware store, bottle of wood glue and a bag of screws came to around twenty pounds. Seat came from eBay, picked up local for a tenna. It used to have a proper bucket seat but it had next to no padding and wasn’t good for blood circulation to the legs after an hour or so.

I’m away on holidays at the moment but happy to take some measurements or any other details if you want when I get back.
9DE6007B-A3DB-4FB2-AF9A-5C366D957155.jpeg

E90C30AB-F8CB-491B-B189-1A98847FD4E4.jpeg

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Simlab gt1 evo is the best for the price. I've researched making my own to the same spec and the material alone came to the same price. Once I counted hardware and the effort of cutting to size etc the simlab seems like the best choice.

I can't afford anything atm but I think @Puffpirat runs the simlab gt1evo so can give an opinion.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep price to Performance to convenience, GT1 hands down. You’ll never need another rig. A good seat pushes it above 500€ though. Think the cheapest combination at sim lab is around 670€ 580€ or 590€ with the Sabelt seat.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I posted mine way back earlier in the thread and was very cheap to build. Been meaning to make a mk2 with larger profile wood and a bit better finished but this one has served me fine for a good few years and I don’t have a lot of free time at the moment.

Picked up the wood from a local hardware store, bottle of wood glue and a bag of screws came to around twenty pounds. Seat came from eBay, picked up local for a tenna. It used to have a proper bucket seat but it had next to no padding and wasn’t good for blood circulation to the legs after an hour or so.

I’m away on holidays at the moment but happy to take some measurements or any other details if you want when I get back.
View attachment 7831

View attachment 7832
you could just get a tree trunk and carve the insides out and then you basically have an old style F1 cockpit

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Of course there is. I know that Tscharf build his one DIY with aluminum and that @Vernux has his plans and builded his one on his own with these plans. I'm sure he will help you, if you ask him. I think the total price with seat was around 350€.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Find out if your local University has a Formula Student/FSAE team. Ask them if they have any old chassis' taking up space/happy to get rid of. All of them are designed to fit the 95th percentile...
& I can almost guarantee they'd be pretty damn stiff, some are now stiffer than the early f1 monocoques.. If your lucky enough for them to toss a steel space frame one, all you need is some basic welding skills.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Find out if your local University has a Formula Student/FSAE team. Ask them if they have any old chassis' taking up space/happy to get rid of. All of them are designed to fit the 95th percentile...
& I can almost guarantee they'd be pretty damn stiff, some are now stiffer than the early f1 monocoques.. If your lucky enough for them to toss a steel space frame one, all you need is some basic welding skills.

May be worth an ask. Sadly I know Newcastle where I'm at repaint them in a sponsors colours and hand then give them to that sponsor.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The price of a good seat is already 350€ :p
Wash your mouth out €350 lol. Dyi is the way..I got a recaro seat for absalutly free its not what you know its who you know

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
you can almost certainly find a bucket seat in the scrap yard? Or just any car seat that goes on rails, since the rigs are designed to fit rails onto anyway. A normal car seat might not be as "immersive", but it might be more comfortable :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
you can almost certainly find a bucket seat in the scrap yard? Or just any car seat that goes on rails, since the rigs are designed to fit rails onto anyway. A normal car seat might not be as "immersive", but it might be more comfortable :)
Screw comfortable. The ass must hurt after 24 hours o_O;)
And yeah @Cluck, that's what she said :eek:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Screw comfortable. The ass must hurt after 24 hours o_O;)
And yeah @Cluck, that's what she said :eek:
Trust me after a 2.30 hour stint my ass back neck hurts my seat is not that comfy lol. Iv made a custom cushion to fit on the chair because i dont have a seperate chair for other games no room lol.

Users who are viewing this thread