Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Trust me after a 2.30 hour stint my ass back neck hurts my seat is not that comfy lol. Iv made a custom cushion to fit on the chair because i dont have a seperate chair for other games no room lol.
You should just fit a toilet in it man, pretty sure it is very comfy and you can just do 8 hour stints without problem....

• Haha
Reactions: Tom

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You should just fit a toilet in it man, pretty sure it is very comfy and you can just do 8 hour stints without problem....
Thats what a cafeter is for buddy...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I had to dig back about 18 pages to get to my original rig back in May 2017 ... 2 years later it's a bit .. overkill?

May 2017

1st August 2019

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul she's a beauty, congrats and enjoy! Don't forget to post a short review in a few weeks for us plebs still considering making the leap ;)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Got me some work to do bois

View attachment 7905
Unstoppable in all possible ways ;)
Got me the Formula V2, not yet installed though, probably will do so last week of September when back from holiday.
Since you are faster than me by all means, including building up your rig, I'm curious about your wheel button assignment in VR for PCARS2, see thread
wheel button assignment , and what gloves you (will) use in VR? I got me some 'fingerless/short finger' cycling gloves, but not sure if this will be enough protection for the alcantara.
Maybe more users of similar wheels, lay-out wise, can post their button mapping chart in the thread? Also for iRacing/AC/rF2.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got me the Formula V2, not yet installed though, probably will do so last week of September when back from holiday.
Since you are faster than me by all means, including building up your rig, I'm curious about your wheel button assignment in VR for PCARS2, see thread
wheel button assignment , and what gloves you (will) use in VR? I got me some 'fingerless/short finger' cycling gloves, but not sure if this will be enough protection for the alcantara.
Maybe more users of similar wheels, lay-out wise, can post their button mapping chart in the thread? Also for iRacing/AC/rF2.
Formula V2 button config.png

That's my button config for Rfactor2 and i will keep every other sim in the same configuration if possible

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was staring hypnotised at the wheel last night thinking "oh god, I need to get mapping right first time before I get used to rubbish". Testing won't start until I have the Sprint pedals on though, and I need a load of M5 nuts for that, so I'm out of commission for a few days. I'll post back when I have more learning done.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was staring hypnotised at the wheel last night thinking "oh god, I need to get mapping right first time before I get used to rubbish". Testing won't start until I have the Sprint pedals on though, and I need a load of M5 nuts for that, so I'm out of commission for a few days. I'll post back when I have more learning done.
Map the most important/useful at the top where u can easily reach. also maybe worth seperating certain buttons like pit request and pit limit to avoid accidents. i played around with my config to begin with until i was happy with the layout. but once its done u wont have to think again leaving all the brain power to focus on racing

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have the wheel for 2 weeks now and I'm still hectically looking around the wheel to find the right buttons :D

Takes a while to get used to I guess

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So time for a picture of the updated rig!

Sadly I don't have a bar, sauna or viewing gallery in my rig room, so @fab. ICEMAN is still winning there, but this setup is starting to be legit.

It's early days yet for positioning and tuning.

The throttle is about 0.5cm too far back, but feels well aligned for heel and toe, so maybe the whole pedal mount needs to be a little forward. I have short legs though, so its been a balance between getting the wheel far enough away and the pedal tray close enough (the square mounting plates for the uprights are touching the front of the pedal rack, so there is no further possible there).

Pedals are a little high, so I need to play with flipping the plates round and a raised foot rest in front.

I'm undecided on whether to angle the wheel mounting at all - the extra flat source is handy ;)

After that I guess its playing with the weighting of the pedals and FFB on the wheel

After that, who knows. I might even drive a car and....race?

20190824_105910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread