Show off your rigs! (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Wow Battenberg! Mad props lmao. Love the tool acting as a sequential shifter! :joyful: I'll post my rig after I get back from today.

Photonenbert

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
dual app 2.jpg
Dual app.jpg
phone.jpg
WP_20160305_20_11_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20160305_20_12_02_Pro.jpg

My Rig:

- G25
- Shifter mod --> increased shifter feel (stiffer spring, larger holes for ball to drop in)
- Pedal mod --> Nixim springs, different feel on all pedals, brake pedal with rubber piece.
- Wheel mod --> DIY metal swap, bearing housing is now a bearing housing from a kart
- buttons --> DIY button plate, Leo bodnar USB interface 32 buttons, cables through steeringshaft, adds 13 button/switch functions
- DIY sequential shifter --> simple mechanics to push a heavy duty 2 state switch. tension via springs, connected to leo bodnar
- DIY rig made out of wood panels
- cheap bucket seat with added foam to fit my body
- tablet/phone using pCARS Dash

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I guess it is my turn now :) This is my rig :stig::stig::stig::
  • T300 Servo Base + 8:10 scaled Ferrari 599XX EVO Alcantara Wheel
  • T3PA Pro Pedals
  • TH8A H-Shifter
Usually I race only with 1 screen. On my left monitor is most of the time TeamSpeak, OBS and steam chat. On the right side I use Tom Shanes Profiler for pCars. Unfortunately I have to mount/unmount my setup everytime, it is pretty annoying but who cares :D

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last but not least I found an older picture from my "old" rig (before I restructured my whole desk :D Can not believe I was driving like that :banghead:)

1.jpg

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

well here is were i sit not the best in the world but its mine...

I am also in the middle of making a 16 button box for all my games.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Jonno love the flower background on the walls lol.

Photo what fov are you using? Looks pretty close. Crazy you can drive like that!

Manu nice setup! Can't see where the shifter is mounted though?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As far as I know Photo is using FOV of around 70? Not quite sure :D

My shifter was not mounted, but it is easy doable to the right side of my wheel :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jonno love the flower background on the walls lol.

Photo what fov are you using? Looks pretty close. Crazy you can drive like that!

Manu nice setup! Can't see where the shifter is mounted though?
Cheers mate lol not my choice wife picked it..that is my excuse an im sticking to it lol...

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
My rig is nothing special, just a stock G27, but here it is anyway. After I get my degree I hope to have enough time and money to have a nice setup :)

I know, it's a rat's nest. In the future if I get a rig that I don't have to tear down and set up every time I will do a lot more cable management. In the meantime, I just make sure I don't look at it :p

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My rig consists of a G25, DK2 and an office chair attached to an old bookshelf. Beauty of VR is you can't see what you're sitting in!

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Here is me, T500RS with Ferrari 599 Alcantara rim, standard pedals with a couple of replaced potentiometers and a load cell mod for the brake. Playing on a 27inch 1440P monitor, normal day to day use:

And on race days:

Kawalsky

Community Member
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed when I bought the G27 was that it's quite cumbersome to put together. I immediately went and bought a small table on wheels and retrofit it for my use. Now when I need the wheel I simply drag the whole table to my monitor with no need to fiddle with all the cables and stuff.

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I finally have some time so here's my setup from beginning to what it is now. While this is my current setup this will all change once I come back from deployment. I plan on doing a build setup thread for that when the time comes. So be on the lookout for it! ;)

This was my first setup. I actually started with a DFGT wheel and pedals. However, since I hadn't used them in a very long time the pedals were in bad shape and I could not find any potentiometers for them. I decided it was time for a upgrade and went with a Fanatec CSR wheel with CSR Elite pedals as they were having a bundle sale on them. The pedals alone were worth the entire thing. Having load cell pedals is arguably the greatest upgrade you can do.
image.jpeg

Of course this didn't last long as I felt the CSR wheel while it was a good entry wheel I wanted better FFB feedback so I ended up getting the CSR Elite wheel which was mated to what was essentially the prototype CSW v1 base.
image.jpeg

While I liked the CSR Elite wheel very much. I felt like the actual steering rim was lacking. I wanted more buttons on the rim without getting a button box. So of course instead of getting a button box I went all out and got a Fanatec CSW v2 base with the BMW rim and the F1 rim. While I was at it I went ahead and upgraded to the Clubsport V3 pedals which I love. Awesome pedals for the money. I made a nice pedal stand out of wood because you really need to bolt these pedals down.
image.jpeg

Next setup change came because I got tired of having to take on and off the wheel every time I wanted to race. At the same time I got tired of my 27" 1440p monitor and wanted more immersion. I decided to relocate my setup so it was convenient. I also got one of the new 34" Ultrawide monitors paired with a 22" telemetry screen monitor. This is the setup I have now and while it technically makes me happy to have it I want to change more things lol! I feel like when you get into this kind of hobby you will change many things. It's a lot of fun but at the same time super expensive. The next major change is a entire overhaul and that will cost me dearly but I feel that will make me the most satisfied.

If you want to see what my PC specs are just check out my signature. :)
For my ending I will leave you all with a Fanatec goodies picture lol.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
You're missing some monitors lol. Wow!, blast from the past with that Momo FFB wheel. :cool:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my little setup. Kind of a mess at the moment having only just moved into this house it all got dumped in a spare room and plugged in just to get going.
I have a shuffle round planned and going to setup surround sound next. The monitor is a my most recent addition . It's a 42 inch philips. Would like to go for three of those some day but the pc will need upgrading slightly first. Still looks good enough for me though currently running all settings maxed out and resolution of 3840x2160. I use the iPad and iPhone for the extra bits and pieces displayed on the pcars dash app.

The rig is clearly home made but it's held together nicely so far. Previously had a g27 wheel and pedals but had the opportunity to purchase some used fanatec stuff a year or two ago and it's great. So much stronger and snoother than my old wheel. The seat used to be a full bucket Recaro but I've had to use that in a real car. The one I have now came out of a spitfire I think and only cost me a fiver on eBay

Users who are viewing this thread