Show off your rigs! (2 Viewers)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That's actually a good use of a knackered (dropped/crashed) helmet... you'd be able to incorporate a headset into it as well, though it may start to become a little heavy :oops:
Sounds like something one of our members could do
maybe not impossibly heavy, since the supporting frame is across the full skull and at least a part of the depth is already dealt with. Good luck peeping out from it to quickly type on the keyboard though :D

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
maybe not impossibly heavy, since the supporting frame is across the full skull and at least a part of the depth is already dealt with. Good luck peeping out from it to quickly type on the keyboard though :D
I always feel like a blind man trying to type smthg when I m too lazy to put them off x)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's actually a good use of a knackered (dropped/crashed) helmet... you'd be able to incorporate a headset into it as well, though it may start to become a little heavy :oops:
Sounds like something one of our members could do
Belive it or not iv actualy allready thought of this using a flip face helmet that way you could easily integrate the vr and still have the option to lift it off your face. However due to the heat a vr pumps out you would suffer bigtime with a helmet on i know this being a biker when your stood still with one one its hot little diffrent when your moving air rushes in..i dont have the time or patience to retro fit one in lol so alas for me it will never be but im more than happy to share input if anyone wants to try it lol ill take 25% of sales tho lol..

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Belive it or not iv actualy allready thought of this using a flip face helmet that way you could easily integrate the vr and still have the option to lift it off your face. However due to the heat a vr pumps out you would suffer bigtime with a helmet on i know this being a biker when your stood still with one one its hot little diffrent when your moving air rushes in..i dont have the time or patience to retro fit one in lol so alas for me it will never be but im more than happy to share input if anyone wants to try it lol ill take 25% of sales tho lol..
heat would probably be the more major factor than weight (to solve) for sure. I think the "can't quickly lift it" problem would be the ultimate challenge. THough honestly that's because oculus didn't supply the most obvious button on the rift S for "pass through" viewing. They even have the feature, they just don't allow YOU to chose when it comes into effect.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

I have 2 VR headsets and some old helmets, all i need now is some mad inventor type skills...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have 2 VR headsets and some old helmets, all i need now is some mad inventor type skills...
I have got you coverd on the mad inventor lol..
What you need is one like this.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I did start looking and found this on wish

Cheapo Flip Front Helmet

Would need to chop bits out to mount it, because the headset has to fit properly on the face otherwise the picture will be awful...

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did start looking and found this on wish

Cheapo Flip Front Helmet

Would need to chop bits out to mount it, because the headset has to fit properly on the face otherwise the picture will be awful...
Mate if you want a flip up helmet to give it a go i was about to throw one away as i brought it thinking it would be good and its chepo Chinese crap lol its brand new never been worn your welcome to it..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Don't forget to put a few 50mm fans in for cooling

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Mate if you want a flip up helmet to give it a go i was about to throw one away as i brought it thinking it would be good and its chepo Chinese crap lol its brand new never been worn your welcome to it..
If you’re just binning it otherwise I will, don’t know when I’ll get around to it though cos work is crazy at the moment. Will dm you

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You'll fuck up your eyes...
52111612_366016900662706_7426967121599529887_n-255917776.jpg

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not so much a rig... but my new V3 pedals

CS V3 Pedals by Colin, on Flickr
Is it just me or does that throttle peddle look a little dodgy lol. Looks like the red alan bolt has been tightened slightly too much. Or is it just becouse the foot peddle sits at an angle making it look wonky..lol

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
IMG_20200623_140838.jpg

Something tells me I abuse my 'steering' joystick hahahah
Finally got rid of the car randomly pulling to a side :rolleyes:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last edited: