Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid Endurance Cup - S2 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So for The Sim Grid, drivers will need to:
  1. Create a discord account (if you don't have one already)
  2. Sign into the Sim Grid website with your discord account. (Link in 1st post)
  3. Fill out your profile on their website - most importantly your full name (without special characters if possible) and your SteamID (double check it's correct!).
Me/Ricardo will create the teams, and will add you to it. We will then sign up your team to the championship and enter you as participants for the championship. We'll also sort out your liveries sometime soon.
Thanks guys. Completed.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Ricardo Macieira We have not herd from Jeff but I think we may go for Ferrari and Team No 777.
i've already registered team orange and Tom team red, so neither of us can register another team.
i've made you team owner as us so you can register your team, if you have any issues or dont know how to do it i'll be on pc from 18UTC just tag me on forum/discord/steam

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i can see all 3 teams are registered.
How is your qualifying going guys? I think there will be spots for everyone, but you do need t oset your qualifying times, that is a mandatory request for this championship.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i can see all 3 teams are registered.
How is your qualifying going guys? I think there will be spots for everyone, but you do need t oset your qualifying times, that is a mandatory request for this championship.
Yup. When I looked yesterday there were 59 teams that set a time. Team orange will perform our qualifying runs in the next couple of days. benimi already did some runs.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
there is a maximum number of 5 sessions per driver, each session being 1hour so 5 hours worth of valid session. So plenty of time to get your times done.
GL!

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't realize that I only had 5 sessions, and started practicing on the server, so I need to be really careful with the remaining 2 sessions. :rolleyes:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I didn't realize that I only had 5 sessions, and started practicing on the server, so I need to be really careful with the remaining 2 sessions. :rolleyes:
What happens if you join a session with 10 minutes left? Does it count as a joined session?

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The rules says:

all drivers in the team need to complete at least 1 session on the qualification server using the car they are registered with. A session is a minimum of 10 timed, valid laps (out-laps do not count!). The lap times will then be averaged and drivers sorted based on their average lap time. The top 45 teams will be in split 1, the next 45 in split 2 and final 45 in split 3. Drivers are limited to 5 sessions.

I understand that if you dont do 10 valids laps its not counted as a session. Now I am not native english and maybe I didn't got the nuance.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Question: if I want to practise a bit before going on the quali server, I just run a single player event, right? What settings (track, weather etc) do I use? I want to get some practise this evening to do my first quali laps later

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What happens if you join a session with 10 minutes left? Does it count as a joined session?

5 sessions = 5 valid sessions
valid session = a session with 10 valid laps.
Outlaps do not count
valid laps = laps where your time is in 'white' rather than red when you finish the line, except outlap

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Question: if I want to practise a bit before going on the quali server, I just run a single player event, right? What settings (track, weather etc) do I use? I want to get some practise this evening to do my first quali laps later

use the same as they have in the server. its fixed settings so you can emulate. enter the server to check (it does not count as a session).

I think its 3PM - 30C track temp - Optimum state but double check.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is it possible to have rsr server with same conditions or is it reserved for sunday cup race?

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
use the same as they have in the server. its fixed settings so you can emulate. enter the server to check (it does not count as a session).

I think its 3PM - 30C track temp - Optimum state but double check.
Will do. Just did my first run. 1m35s3xx with the McLaren 720S as fastest lap. Will check the settings and then practise a bit more before putting in my first run.

EDIT: Well, I'm slow :-D Changed settings to 30c track temp and I can't get out of the 1m36s3xx :-D

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Will do. Just did my first run. 1m35s3xx with the McLaren 720S as fastest lap. Will check the settings and then practise a bit more before putting in my first run.

EDIT: Well, I'm slow :-D Changed settings to 30c track temp and I can't get out of the 1m36s3xx :-D
Average 36.82 at first session

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
guys this track is all about knowing where the track limits are: and they are quite permissive: everything that is red or green apart from the track itself, is fair game, use that to your advantage!

The slow in, fast out mantra, is as important as ever in here :).

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
guys, there are already more than 45x3 (135) teams with registered times, which means there will be teams that will not have a spot in this 3 splits.

I do advise putting some laps in as I can see both Academy teams are in risk of not qualifying!
Servers are pretty full this days so you will find plenty of traffic while doing laps!

By the way, all drivers need to post laps to be considered to run.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Did 2nd session yesterday, average is 35.9 for me, need Jeff to put in some alien laps to be safer

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not going to lie, didn't expect it to be this difficult to get into split 2... We are on the cusp. It seems realistic that no GTR's will qualify for split 1, which is unfortunate. But we are doing our best to get into split 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread